Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire Special Halloween Giveaway Winners!

Creator: Hades4u November 1, 2022 3:31am
1 2
Hades4u
<Lead Community Manager>
Hades4u's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2022 3:31am | Report

Halloween Giveaway Winners!
It's time to reveal the winners of our Special Halloween Giveaway! šŸ˜Š

Community members celebrated together by sharing stories and original creations during the Halloween week. We've enjoyed going through all of them and we're finally ready to show you our favourites!

We would like to mention that everyone's stories and creations were wonderful. They made our Halloween better and we hope you've also had a great time taking part in this event. We've received positive feedback and we look forward to future community events!

You can find all the winners below. Make sure to click on the images to view them in full size for the best experience!

@ Doody_tco's first Halloween drawing

@ TXK_'s awesome anime pumpkin!

@ AKScorched's sculpture makes a return!

@ purplemarten's cute ghost drawing!

@ PraefectusMace's Defiler Urgot sketch based on the Warhammer 40k universe!

@ PrestigeGalaxy's masterpiece that's probably better than what I could draw myself!

@ leevidavinci:
Me and my good friend at age of about 10 and 7 years old respectively went trick or treating on the 31st of October on a Saturday as, y'know, Halloween day is the 31st as Wikipedia said. So we got dripped up, I was a glorious witch and he was a zombie or something and we went trick or treating around the neighbourhood. We didn't see any trick or treaters while going around, which I didn't find too odd at the time, as Halloween isn't that big in Finland thanks to companies not cashing out on it like Coca Cola did for Christmas.

It was going fine, although we weren't getting much candy, much to our disappointment. We did get some coins though from people who didn't want to disappoint two children, which was rather nice of them. However, one of the people we went knocking on told us "Halloween day isn't today, it's tomorrow on Sunday" and refused to give us anything. This is the greatest betrayal from an adult I have suffered in my life. Neither of us knew that in Finland, trick or treating is done on the Sunday closest to Halloween day, not on Halloween day itself. We did get a small haul of candy and some pocket money, but to this day I still cringe at us going trick or treating on the wrong day and I still remember me going to ask my dad if we went trick or treating on the wrong day, haha.

@ Hazardist
I live in South America, and for the Halloween of last year an online friend from Estonia (almost 10000 kilometers away!) I was sent a box full of candy typical from there and they were SO so good, especially the chocolates which were the best I've ever tried in my life. What makes this special for me is the fact that a festivity typically associated with America managed to connect two people from so far away, and leave a memory that lasts over the years.

Sadly I don't keep pictures of the candy so I'll have to resort to stock photos, but I can't stress enough that if you ever come across one like this, you totally have to try it!

@ BradJr
Hello! I am here to share with you one of my Halloween stories.

This happened at about 9 PM in 2018, exactly on Halloween day.

As you mentioned in the guide, yes, not all of us celebrate Halloween in our cultures, so it was nice to do something on this day, for once.

Me and a group of my friends (there were 4 of us in total) all went to my vacation home in the town near our city, and we decided to watch a movie, Saw IVs specifically. Around the middle of the movie, there was music that was getting you ready for a jumpscare. Near the end of the tune, where the jumpscare was incoming, someone's phone rang with this ringtone.

Best part? Not one second later the jumpscare actually came in and we all got jumpscared to the beat of a Samsung ringtone.

@ V1kt0r555
I love watching horror movies. There are a lot of best horror movies that I really love to watch but I am going to show you which 3 movies I like and describe about:

1. The Exorcist (1973), starring: Ellen Burstyn, Max von Sydow, Lee J. Cobb, Kitty Winn, Jack MacGowran, Jason Miller and Linda Blair. An old horror movie that is one of the best and grossest movie in 1973 year. The horror film is about a young girl who is possessed by a demon who is attempted to be rescued by a pair of Chatolic priests. This movie has a lot of screams, blood, some strong languages and it's defenitely not for kids to watch. It actually scared me when I was 16 when I wathed this movie for the first time but now as an adult, I found funny about spinning head on some scenes. This is movie where some like to watch several times and it's worth to watch it again at Halloween.

2. The Shining (1980), starring: Jack Nicholson, Shelley Duvall, Scatman Crothers, and Danny Lloyd. This horror movie is about Jack, his wife Wendy and son Danny. They travel on isolated historic Overlook Hotel in the Colorado Rockies due to Jack's problem with alcohol who is recovering from it. After several days, Jack has mental issues and has a dreams of killing his family, Then, he threatens his wife to kill her and his son. His wife and son tries to escape from hotel but they cannot due to large snows outside hotel. There is a perfect line where he said: "Here's Johnny!" which made me laugh. After they have managed to escape from hotel, Jack follows the false trail until he became frozen to death.

3. Hereditary (2018), starring: Toni Collette, Alex Wolff, Milly Shapiro and Gabriel Byrne. This horror movie is one of the greatest of all time. This movie is about Annie, her husband Steve, her son Peter and her daughter Charlie. When Peter and Charlie went together to the party, Charlie who is allergic to nuts, she eated chocolate cake which containet wainuts. She couldn't breathe and Peter tried to take her to hospital. She opened a car window for air but she ended up decapitated by the sigil telephone pole. Peter shocked drive back home and her mother grieves and blames him for Charlie's death. Atfer that, Annie decided to do seance to cmmunicate Charlie but it ends horribly. When Annie tells Steve to burn the book, he accuses Annie for being ill and she throws at the fireplace. Steve was burning to death and Annie has become possessed by King Paimon himself. The next night, Peter finds his dad corpse dead and her mother tried to kill her, he escaped in attic. Peter watches her mor decapitated her head before diving out of attic window to escape. Peter then become possessedd by King, he follows his mother's body into treehouse. There, he founds other mebers and now he is crowned as a Charlie addressed by Joan.

@ Dustyacer
I was dressed as a hobo which I made myself (stitched and everything) so it had lots of lose pieces making manoeuvres more difficult. For the candy holder, I used a long stick with the end having 2 more sticks attached to the side to basically make a triangle (or a flag shape kinda)(I did this because im lazy and weak). Then I usually just tape a pillowcase into the triangle to hold the candy. I held the stick + case over my shoulder (b/c in my mind it seemed hobo like and it was also just easier to care like that.)

So one year when i was trick-or-treating at one house. This person had one of those houses where the left of where you walk to the door is a giant wall (which is the garage sticking out from the house). Usually people put some plants and what not there (which is what my family did with that kind of house). These guys instead put lots of decorations of pumpkins, scarecrows etc. They also filled the walking path to the door with tons of pumpkins, like it was blocking the entrance. I looked at it and still decided to try to get over the pumpkins despite the hassle (my costume + space + stick candy holder). My friend didn't think it was worth going/thought they just had the light on for no reason, because of that, I went by myself to go to the door while my friend waited more towards the driveway area. I'm pretty sure I was probably hitting the pumpkins not very gently trying to get over them (can't remember, but might've kicked one accidentally or something like that) (so I was trying to make it so no one else saw).

But then, I suddenly heard some very loud sound (something like a "Booo!" or smth, can't remember exactly what). But since I was in the mode where I felt like I was doing something I wasn't supposed to do (think of hand in the cookie jar), I got super startled and jumped up in fright. Turns out on the left wall with all the decorations and such, on the chair with what i thought was a scarecrow sitting on the seat, was actually a person pretending to be a scarecrow. When I jumped up in fright, I jerked my hand and flipped over my candy case. Good thing was it didn't spill, but instead my little triangle at the end kinda fell apart and I was just left with a straight stick (still has the pillowcase on it just i have to open it up each time). She said something and gave us the treats while I walked away trying to fix my candy holder thingy.

Not the most interesting story but the one i remember most vividly. Some other stories was the guy in my elementary school that had the best costume every year, he was an artist. He would always do something dark like a zombie or serial killer or whatever. His zombie had so much texture on his face or whatever, and this was when he was in like gr 7 and doing it on himself. Also, my best friend has his birthday on halloween (although i only started being his friend the year after my last halloween trip).

I was also going to put a pic of me in my costume, but it's too much of a pain to find it (also i went as a hobo 4? years in a row).

Favourite candy was probably white Hershey with the chocolate pieces (although I grew out of it since its so sweet), Kitkat, Twix? and Coffee-crisp. But i also liked the other two that came in the kitkat box, also liked 4? choclate bars that came in the box of Mars. I like pretty much all the chocolates, didn't really like any of the common candies (lollipop, licoriche etc.)

@ Tauricus2017
It's this time of the year again. Yeaaaaay :D

Usually what I do in local Halloween competitions is that I recommend scary movies. Movies I think everyone should watch because of how cool and awesome and scary they are. This year however I will do the absolute opposite because I found a thriller movie so strong that I actually feel like it should NOT be seen. The movie I DON'T WANT you to watch is Speak no evil. The movie by itself doesn't follow almost any of Halloween movie standards - there are no serial killers, no maniacs with axes, no jumpscares, and no creepy monsters hiding in the shadows. This movie is about something much scarier and way way more real. You see, this movie is about human intuition and psychology, and how our politeness and kindness can sometimes betray us.

You know that feeling when you meet someone new and everything about them just feels... wrong? That malevolent evil shiver going down your spine? When all your senses are telling you there is nothing to be afraid of but your intuition knows that something is not alright? This is what Speak no evil is about. It's the feeling of unease by things you can't describe. The voice in your head telling you to run away as fast as you can even though you don't know why. You think that your intuition is just making things up, you silence the voice, maybe you'll even apologize for acting weird, and awkwardly laugh it off. But the terrorizing feeling of unease remains...

I know I am being a bit cryptic while describing this movie but you need to understand that the plot doesn't matter here at all. It's all about feelings, vibes, emotions, and all the invisible stuff happening in everyone's head. That's where the true horror of this movie comes from.

So why do I not recommend this movie? Easy answer. I watched this movie expecting a good old feeling of fear and adrenaline - instead, after watching the movie I felt an extreme feeling of hopelessness. This movie actually ruined the rest of my day. It made me feel hopeless, scared, and anxious all at the same time. That's why I definitely don't recommend this movie. It's just too much. Even for Halloween - the level of creepiness and horror in this movie is beyond your understanding. Do yourself a favor and watch something that won't make you feel like a tortured corpse :P

You have been warned.

@ TofuCat111
This is rather cliche, and Iā€™d wouldnā€™t be surprised if someone were to choose the exact same candy, but I am strongly In favour for chocolate caramels, in particularly the Mars Bars and Lindt Salted caramels. Each component both in flavour and in texture is present in a near perfect ratio. The powdery chocolate nougat adds texture that is practically nonexistent in other chocolates - giving it this chew. The caramel adds to this, providing a melt and flow to the chew, and a textured sweetness. Finally, as a cherry on top šŸ’ (or outside I should say) the chocolate coating provides a crunch that completely elevates the flavour profile of the chocolate. If you have not tried would 11/10 recommend and if you have - give it another try (pay attention too the texture this time!!).

Who would of thought I would be spending my prep time for finals writing about chocolates šŸ˜…šŸ˜†

@ PPancake
Although not your typical Halloween movie in that it does associate directly with your typical halloween themes (think zombies, vampires, etc), nor is it in English. Despite this, I strongly recommend watching Parasite, a korean film by Bong Joon Ho. It also won four awards at the 92nd Academy Awards (The Oscars), along with being 99% on rotten tomatoes (if this metric has any significance to you)

I wouldn't spoil it, in that its suspense and unpredictability is what I enjoyed the most, and it is best enjoyed coming in knowing absolutely nothing (of which I had the fortune to experience). However, in order to convince you perhaps I will mention some vague details on the directors perspective on storytelling in an effort to convince you to watch it. The film provides an interesting commentary on the social and economical divisions of society, and the interactions which are caused by these divisions. The director has a solid grasp on symbolism, rhythm, and camera work, and the absolute mastery of these aspects completely elevates the feeling of the film to a whole new level. Its non-generic approach to film, along with its humor, and pure wit, and the ease of which this is achieved, parted me with a sense of euphoric perfection that I experience very rarely after watching films.

It has notes of horror (but not extreme to an extent of scaring away haters of the horror genre), but enough to hold suspense and classify it as a film suited for Halloween. Iā€™ll leave my depiction there, I wouldnā€™t want to spoil it (if I havenā€™t already) and allow you to truly appreciate and experience the film for yourself the first time.

@ AppleCat1234
One time, a couple of years ago me and a few of my friends went trick-or-treating around the neighbourhood. It was raining slightly and extremely cold that day, however, we were determined to at least fill up our bucket before heading back to enjoy our spoils. Roughly halfway into our session, we ran into a couple of guys, one of which was holding a camera, which at that moment I did not pay much attention to (but Iā€™ll come back to it later) and asked if we would like to do a challenge. Being so cold, and the fact that the guys were dressed up as fruits made it seem like some sort of joke/scam and waiting in the rain did not seem worth it so we collectively agreed to head back. We enjoyed our candy, perhaps too much (I was sugar sick the next morning), and didnā€™t think too much of it until 2 days later (Here in Australia - or at least in my city, trick-or-treating occurs on Saturday). At school, I had heard that a student from the grade above, also trick or treating in the same area, had won the newest iPhone (either the 12 or 11 back then). I immediately went up to him and asked, and he said that the guys were dressed in fruits . . . and it was for some youtube challenge giveaway. I still beat myself up for this to this day for going back home. The moral of the story, if people approach you to do a challenge. Do it. (Not always though obviously).

@ Banana Pirate
My favorite Horror Movie is Jaws. Jaws is a movie about a killer shark that unleashes chaos on a beach community off Cape Cod, it's up to a local sheriff, a marine biologist, and an old seafarer to hunt the beast (but there's a lot more to it). Great directing by Steven Spielberg (one of the best directors in my opinion) and an unforgettable theme by John Williams. Roy Scheider, Richard Dreyfuss and Robert Shaw are all phenomenal actors and really sell the movie. There was no CGI at the time so all everything you see in the movie is actually real! The editing is done in a way where they blend between footage of real shark and animatronic constantly so that it never just feels like a robot shark but a real life threating monster.

A classic horror movie that's fun but also scary enough to keep you out of the ocean for a while; plus, it doesn't have to many adult themes so you can even show it to your whole family.

@ ShadesofCool
I am here to stand up for my favorite Halloween candy, Candy Corn.

It is much maligned - I've seen memes! - but to me it is delicious. It is easy to overwhelm one with syrupy sweetness, to the point where my teeth feel brittle and my tongue feels furry, but when you eat just enough at just the right rate...it's confectionary Valhalla.

@ zotet
I am currently unable to upload an image of my epic carving, though it did take me 7 hours to finish, it involves my favorite movie which I will talk about today, scream!

Wes Craven experimented with the idea of "meta-horror" back in 1994 with A New Nightmare, a film which I loved, as it was a breath of fresh hair in the horror genre. But ultimately, I think that this idea was mastered just two years later with Scream. This film is a brilliant satirical criticism of the horror tropes that have been beaten to death throughout the 80's and early 90's, but it doesn't become a parody. It definitely delivers on it's horror elements that are enough to impress both sides of the horror fan spectrum. It never becomes cheesy, though. It's really clever actually. And way ahead of it's time.

I also love how when you watch this movie a second, third and fourth time you notice some subtle, and maybe not so subtle hints as to who the killer could be. So on first viewing you can enjoy this film on surface level, enjoying the slasher/mystery vibe and characters, but when you watch the film multiple times after you'll find more and more easter eggs which makes for an entirely new viewing experience.

@ UwUSoftGirl
I want to tell you all about my absolutely favorite candy or chocolate whatever. It's the finest, perfect, creme de la creme of all other candies, the jewel of the crown, the most elite, the supreme choice...
Smash!

These are not your regular chocolates, as the package says... "Sweet, Salty & Crunchy" and let me tell you. IT DELIVERS. 10/10 on all the categories. As you pick up the mysterious milk chocolate covered cone chip you notice that it's not soft, it's firm and is hollow on the inside. You take a bite... The crunch is amazing and they never get soggy. You get the sweetness from the chocolate and the saltiness from the chip and it's like eating a michelin star quality dessert. As you're finished with the first one you notice that your dopamine levels are through the roof and you can't stop yourself from grabbing another. The cycle continues until the bag is finished, there is no stopping.

They're really good hope you enjoyed this passionate post šŸ˜

@ AD Cannon
This year Iā€™m going to recommend a horror movie.

So one evening Iā€™m flipping between channels looking for something to watch and by chance I end up catching the start of a horror movie (rated R) ā€œTucker and Dale vs Evilā€.

The opening seems pretty clichƩ with a group of teenagers going on summer break in the mountain countryside when they catch the attention of a pair of hillbillies.

So I say to myself ā€œWell this beats watching Law & Orderā€ and settled in for a presumably generic horror movie.

But boy was I wrongā€¦ and pleasantly surprised!

The movie kept getting better and better as it progressed and having gone in with no expectations or prior knowledge made it all the more surprising and enjoyable.

So now this movie is on my ā€˜Recommend to Friendsā€™ list.

But I always give them the suggestion to try and watch it without looking it up on IMDB or reading the back of the DVD case or looking at the cover art.

Why? Well after enjoying the movie I looked it up on IMDB and that very clearly sets the tone for the movie.

Now thatā€™s not necessarily a bad thing and may depend on personal taste, but it takes away some of the suspense for me.

Iā€™ll leave the choice up to you: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1465522/
Doody_tco
<Member>
Doody_tco's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2022 4:12am | Report
Congratulations everyone and thank you for the opportunity! šŸ„³
UwUSoftGirl
<Fabulous>
UwUSoftGirl's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2022 4:50am | Report
fank you
Queen
V1kt0r555
<Member>
V1kt0r555's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2022 5:18am | Report
Thank you and congratulations everyone on winning prize!
AKScorched
<Member>
AKScorched's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2022 11:31am | Report
Congratulations to everyone who has won, very fun event indeed! I cannot be more thankful that I got to be amongst all the amazing people who took part in this event, all your submissions were wonderful!
Tauricus2017
<Veteran>
Tauricus2017's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2022 2:12pm | Report
Yeaayyyy congratulations everyone! <3

Thanks to jhoi for the sig
TXK_
<Member>
TXK_'s Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2022 3:06pm | Report
Thank you, hope everyone has a spooky halloween!
Banana Pirate
<Member>
Banana Pirate's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2022 3:06pm | Report
Thank you so much!
PraefectusMace
<Member>
PraefectusMace's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2022 4:36pm | Report
Thank you! And it is good to be back, hopefully we will get more events involving art stuff too!
Hazardist
<Stalker>
Hazardist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2022 8:11pm | Report
Beyond stoked to be amongst the winners! So many interesting stories and movie/snack recommendations this year šŸ˜
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide