Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire Weekly Report!

Creator: PsiGuard March 11, 2015 8:01am
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2015 8:01am | Report

Hi everyone, I'm PsiGuard and I'm here to bring you the MOBAFire Weekly Report! We finally deployed the site after the devs completed a lot of stuff they were working on in late February! That means I'm going to focus a lot on the site changes for this week. Next week we should have the results of the 2015 Guide contest so stay tuned for those!

Site Changes

Here's a quick overview of the changes:

• Private Messages
    • Added a "Mark All Read" button to the overview of personal messages.
    • Changed the color of links in personal messages to be more distinguishable.
    • Sent personal messages will now always show who they were sent to, even if you haven't yet received a response.
  • Administration
    • Videos can now actually be deleted by admins.
    • Added an Administrate button to MOBAFire profiles (so we admins can navigate a little more quickly).
    • Admins can now resurrect deleted guides.
  • Guides
    • Updated the display of scores on guide browse pages.
    • Added tools to allow authors to reorganize purchase orders.
    • Added tools to allow authors to reorganize full builds (this is bugged, don't use it yet).
  • Miscellaneous
    • Added width & height parameters for webm BBCode.
    • Fixed a bug where verified Master players were being displayed as Bronze. Master tier players may need to re-verify their accounts to correct the display.
    • Fixed a bug where editing a Q&A response would sometimes bring up an empty box.
    • Fixed some bugs with item tooltips, similar builds selections and the guide editor.
    • Fixed a bug causing removed champion abilities to still show up on the Abilities page.
    • Upvote & downvote arrows will no longer appear for your own Q&A answers.

Build Reordering

This is definitely my most anticipated feature. Even though it seems a small tool, the power to rearrange purchase orders saves a ton of time when you're tweaking your display of items in a cheatsheet for your guide. I hope all you authors are as excited as I am for this change.
THIS FEATURE IS CAUSING SOME DISPLAY BUGS DON'T USE IT YET!

This is the tool for managing the order of full builds. If you have a guide with multiple complete cheatsheets, you'll be able to rearrange your builds by clicking the left or right arrow buttons. Definitely a lot easier than remaking the whole build(s) from scratch!
These arrow keys down here let you rearrange your purchase orders. Now you can add new item groups and slip them right into the middle of your build or otherwise alter the ordering of your current purchase orders as you see fit. Once again, all this is done by clicking the left or right arrow button instead of having to redo all those purchase orders again. Maybe I'll finally get my guide updated now! :P

Also to clarify, this part shouldn't be causing any bugs, so go ahead and tweak your item sets!

Score Display

Last year MOBAFire made some changes to the way guides are scored so that guides with a lot of votes will have older votes decay over time. This means a guide's ranking (assuming it's above 20 votes) is determined by the most recent voting trends. Unfortunately, our score display wasn't really relaying that information too well since it was still showing total vote trends and sometimes it just ended up being confusing. This change should bring some much needed clarity to the guide rankings.
Here's what the new score display looks like. As you can see, it looks a little bit different than before. Depending on how full the score bar is, you can estimate how many upvotes and downvotes your guide has received recently and why it is ranked the way it is currently.

That's the end of this week's MOBAFire Weekly Report. Check in next week for more MOBAFire news, and feel free to leave comments or suggestions below!
Thanks to Fatelblade for the sig!
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2015 8:14am | Report
clap clap clap... | clapclapclapclapclap... | CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Foxy Riven
<Editor>
Foxy Riven's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2015 8:18am | Report
Wp
Thanks Emikadon for the sig!
(Check out my guides, they're linked to their pictures!)

If I helped you in any way, that +REP is always nice^^
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2015 8:49am | Report
Maintained
<Stalker>
Maintained's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2015 8:58am | Report

Now am I GMD?

Special thanks to Jovy for the signature! Check out her shop
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2015 8:59am | Report
Maintained wrote:

Now am I GMD?

Maintained
<Stalker>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2015 9:07am | Report

Special thanks to iPulsefire for the signature!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2015 9:11am | Report
Maintained wrote:

Maintained
<Stalker>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2015 9:16am | Report

Special thanks to iPulsefire for the signature!
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2015 9:43am | Report
Maintained wrote:

Also thanks for read all option on PMS ty.

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide