Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

October Raffle Winners!

Creator: PsiGuard October 26, 2017 1:16pm
1 2
ColossalDonut5
<Member>
ColossalDonut5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2017 5:25pm | Report
Tbh I think it's just really nice how they give out free stuff in such large quantities, seriously, how much does this cost PER MONTH? If I ever won I'd just ask for a smaller prize because that's just kinda how I am ><
Noob Zilean, Rammus and Kled trio main that loves to cause mischeif, mostly plays mid, top or support (practising Jungle). Also play Veigar, Vel'Koz, Thresh, Amumu, Fizz and Tahm Kench. I also dabble in random heroes that hit the free rotation that pique my interest.

Going mid as a support with ignite is more fun and effective than I ever imagined!
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2017 12:08am | Report

I was going to mention something about this, this is so ****ing annoying. I haven't noticed any of the guides they make but watching two entire pages being taken up by a single guy spamming comments on guides, usually with similar messages, is so ****ing cancer. I don't even care that they're getting a chance to win a prize they most likely would be disqualified from anyway if they were to win, just seeing the cancerous spam on the front page every day is so annoying.

Since it's hard to punish them for it (punish someone for commenting too many positive comments on guides? lul), I would much rather we just don't give points for commenting. I get it's to promote activity on MOBAFire but artificial activity isn't any better than inactivity. If anything it's worse since comments worth seeing and replying to are just being buried in a sea of spam and we're more likely to overlook them.

Please put an end to this cancerous spam.

I just started playing league again, and I thought it would be fun to see how Mobafire was doing, and all I ever see on the MobaFire main page anymore is guide comments, with virtually zero posts being made in the forums.

Now don't get me wrong I do like the idea of getting points for making posts, or by getting rep updating/writing guides ect, it's a good idea to get people using/posting on Mobafire but I agree that artificial activity is by no means better then inactivity, it's in a lot of ways worse since no one ever says anything memorable, meaningful or ground breaking; it's just stuff like "Good guide helped me out" "those are the same runes I use" "lol won 5 games today with this build lol lmfao" "or I'm just finding things to say to fill out space so I can hit that 225 character limit to earn even more points"

Mobafire was once one of the best places to meet other players form friendships and goof around in the off topic section, maybe everyone only posts in discord server now, and I'm just behind the times. I have no idea I never check the discord and maybe I just got left behind during my year and half League break.

Maybe I just like keeping it old fashioned, you know the old way, you make a thread, go to work come back at the end of the day and see who posted, proceed to read though it follow it up with a post or two, go to bed lather rinse repeat. Now that it's just guide comments anymore via people trying to farm out points, the general discussion only gets like 5 posts a day, and the off topic section is riddled with "HOTS character concepts" maybe someone should tell that guy there's a HotsFire, but maybe that's even more dead then Mobafire's forum at this point.

This greatly saddens me where is everyone the discord server?
Mystral
<Member>
Mystral's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2017 4:20am | Report
I'm really disappointed.
What about all those people that were in the top 25?
People who spent hours/days/months to write a guide and make it beautiful. I don't see what's the point of putting so much effort in something at this point. Of course, guides are made to help other people, so you maybe don't even think to win a contest, but what about those who thought about winning?
I got in the 12th place and I was hoping so much to win, but they don't care about the top 25.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2017 4:35am | Report
Mystral wrote:
I'm really disappointed.
People who spent hours/days/months to write a guide and make it beautiful. I don't see what's the point of putting so much effort in something at this point. Of course, guides are made to help other people, so you maybe don't even think to win a contest, but what about those who thought about winning?
I got in the 12th place and I was hoping so much to win, but they don't care about the top 25.

So you participated in a contest for a small chance to win a prize, and you're annoyed that you didn't win it on your first go?

That's the whole point of it being a raffle, it's not a contest. You're not guaranteed to win anything and if you're putting in all that effort just because you want to win a prize then you've got your priorities wrong.

I've been #1 every single month except I think one, usually with a large lead over #2, and I've only won one prize. I don't even care and I'm not in the slightest surprised since it's been explained from day 1 that it increases your chances of winning, it doesn't guarantee your winning.
jackishere21
<Member>
jackishere21's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2017 5:38am | Report
Mystral wrote:
I'm really disappointed.

I hope you know you had less then a 1% chance of winning even though you are 12, There are over 7000 people in the raffle with well over 20000 tickets
Juansun
<Member>
Juansun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2017 8:41am | Report
how do you get prizes in the raflles i am new and i would like to get a skin
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2017 6:23pm | Report
Juansun wrote:
how do you get prizes in the raflles i am new and i would like to get a skin

You can check out the details of the last raffle, but the short version is you just have to be active on the site during the month and you'll earn tickets. The more tickets you earn, the higher your chance of winning! You're automatically entered once you earn at least 10 tickets, which is pretty easily attainable over the course of a month.
Thanks to Minho for the sig!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2017 6:37pm | Report
Mystral wrote:
I'm really disappointed.

As others have said, this is a raffle which is based on luck. Earning more tickets gives you a higher chance to win, but by no means guarantees you a spot among the 25 winners for the month.

We also have annual guide contests (one is coming up soon) which are based on merit, so maybe something like that would be more up your alley. If you have more suggestions about how to make authors and other content creators feel rewarded, we're always looking for constructive feedback. The goal of the monthly giveaway is not to reward the same power users every month (otherwise Vapora would get way too many skins and we can't have that :P).

I know it's disappointing to gain a lot of tickets and still get passed over. Even though I can't win as an admin, this is actually the first month that my name's been pulled, even though I've been in the top 3 (I believe) every month since it started. If you keep at it, your chances of winning at some point are better than winning any individual month.

I just started playing league again, and I thought it would be fun to see how Mobafire was doing, and all I ever see on the MobaFire main page anymore is guide comments, with virtually zero posts being made in the forums.

This greatly saddens me where is everyone the discord server?

This wasn't really different before the giveaways were introduced. It's not like we killed the forums by introducing this raffle. Some users have commented on a LOT of guides (clearly for tickets), some breaking rules on spam, others not. More activity isn't a bad thing in general, even if the average comment isn't terribly insightful. Uninsightful comments aren't anything new - they've been a normal occurrence on the site for as long as I've been around - the only difference now is that sometimes people post a lot of them in a row.

Also some discussion that used to occur in threads is now moved to the Q&A, which isn't a bad thing.

The Discord server isn't super busy but it's not dead either. People mostly use it for the text channels, which isn't surprising to me considering how easy it is to make private Discord servers to talk with your friends.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2017 6:50pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

This wasn't really different before the giveaways were introduced. It's not like we killed the forums by introducing this raffle. Some users have commented on a LOT of guides (clearly for tickets), some breaking rules on spam, others not. More activity isn't a bad thing in general, even if the average comment isn't terribly insightful. Uninsightful comments aren't anything new - they've been a normal occurrence on the site for as long as I've been around - the only difference now is that sometimes people post a lot of them in a row.

Also some discussion that used to occur in threads is now moved to the Q&A, which isn't a bad thing.

The Discord server isn't super busy but it's not dead either. People mostly use it for the text channels, which isn't surprising to me considering how easy it is to make private Discord servers to talk with your friends.

I remember the site has always been prone to spam, and I'm not blaming the raffles entirely for the lack of forum traffic just wanted to know where everyone went, but it looks like most have just moved over to the Q&A section the only way to bring back the forums is to start some good topics, I will brain storm some stuff while at work the next few days, let's get some life back into the forums #BringMobaFireBack2Number1
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2017 1:00pm | Report
@ Ninja Trigger thanks, I'm excited to see what you come up with! It's hard to say what is the cause for the decrease in forum activity. There are plenty of factors, some of which could simply be that people nowadays like using forums less so there aren't as many new users checking it out. For people like you and me who are more oldschool, it definitely can feel like a strange change of pace. :P Definitely always have our ears open for suggestions though!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide