Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Plan for vintage Limited Edition skins

Creator: Mowen October 10, 2013 8:13pm
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2013 1:08pm | Report
i dont think you should compare a vintage car that there were only 100 made of to some data that can easily be copied
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
-NA- Veng Lmfao's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2013 4:40pm | Report
I don't own any of these skins OTG. I'm not being selfish. I'm trying to make a statement for other users.
I agree that they are NEVER seen in games anymore, but isn't it just fancy timing that they decided to re-release these skins with millions of people playing actively each week?

I'm calling greed.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2013 4:54pm | Report
Well, yes. it's an obvious grab for money. But then, so is release skins in general. Isn't it? They are a business, so don't hold them to morals when they are simply creating or releasing products to make money. be happy Riot is actually kind to their customers and listened to us when we all desperately asked for these skins to make a comeback. They weren't actually going to do this. It took a lot of asking and pleading and eventually they decided we should be allowed to have them once again.

If anything this is one of the more generous things Riot has ever done.
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2013 7:08pm | Report

aren't you making it too much a drama? i don't think you can compare a F1 car to a game thing. also, tell me, considering riot's post, how could you really enjoy theese skins. people dont even see them. i saw only once a nutcracko in dominion and 1 time Bewitching(or whatever she is called) Nidalee. I can't even think to the low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low low % of owners of theese skins there are, and even the % of people playing the champ with theese skins. And if you say it cause you want to let people know(i dont know why someone should give a f*ck to it) that you play since Season 1, riot didnt make only skins as a method to know. there are the frames in loading screen(at least for previous season) there are Summoner Icons, they can even check on some sites like lolking or lolnexus, and now they are even giving back rps for people who already have them, giving a cool(my opinion) vintage thing during loading screen and another summoner icon that let people know that you played while certain limited skins were out. Yourself said that u are gonna buy kitty kat katarina right? so second your logic you shouldnt even buy it, cause you are going againist your thoughts. Also, for talking again about limited skins that show that you played in a certain period of lol's lifetime, there are pax jax,pax twisted fate,championship riven,victorius jarvan,victorius janna,urf warwick and others. so. I dont really see what's wrong with that, and,as you can see, i didnt just say "its good cause i want them" and stop. At last i just want some of them, surealy not gonna buy them all just for have(no sense money spending) and if i buy some of them are just cause i enjoy them. That's only what i think, dont take it as if i said it thinking to be in the true and having right. as u said, we are having just a civilized discussion, no? :P

P.S. Sorry if you missunderstood something due for bad grammar or other.

K I think you're confusing me with Veng because I didn't say half of those things but if you're going to release something and saying it's limited edition and won't be sold after the initial period, why not stick to it? Also I thought the RP back was a return option but it's just free RP so I guess that makes it a bit better but still, I'm totally against this. I mean isn't this why we have legacy skins now? Legacy they said it could be resold, for these limited they said they won't, all I see is Riot wanting monies.

Also someone said we will never see the skins because people will buy them for champs they don't play but I think it will be more like they buy the skins on champs they don't play and then play those champs all the time just for the skin even if they suck with it
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2013 7:12pm | Report
I still don't think it's fair for the people that bought the skin originally, even if it's just to show off. It's not anybody's place to judge why the person owns the skin or wants to maintain its exclusivity and "showing off" things like this is a big part of making things limited edition. If it's so important that everyone can have access to these items even a couple of years after their time, why even make them limited edition? Why not just make them for the holiday but let them stay in the store like a normal skin? They actually did this with Bunny Teemo if I'm not mistaken.

It's actually not that bad since they make sure people know you bought the skin originally and give you back your money, but still I'm against it
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
-NA- Veng Lmfao's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2013 7:26pm | Report
There's a massive difference between being a business and being a greedy business. They are CLEARLY releasing these skins to make hundreds of thousands of dollars, not so "players can all have the opportunity".
Yes, I understand that they are a business, no I don't really give a **** if they do try to milk us, but this is blatantly obvious. They are not thinking of the players tbh.
These skins are going to become so common and they're not going to be looked at as rare and epic anymore. They'll be played as much as the default skin.

Well, I'm not going to pursue this further because it's a topic that never ends.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2013 8:10pm | Report
Quite honestly it will only never end because you're demon hunting Riot. I don't understand why you, or anyone has any reason to chastise them like this for giving you content to enjoy. You don't have to buy it, nor does anyone else. They are very generous for allowing us to play the worlds most popular multiplayer game for free. God forbid they charge for vanity things and create plans to get people to buy more skins. That's how they make the money to further develop the game you get to enjoy for free.

I really dislike when people go on a with hunt for game developers, especially companies like Riot that generally are very kind to their fan base.

Sidenote about the skins becoming common: No one really cares. If they really actually cared that someone else was now able to a skin that they owned that was "special", they simply have nothing of actual gravity to be upset about, so they're being upset over something that's utterly ******ed.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2013 8:13pm | Report

Quite honestly it will only never end because you're demon hunting Riot. I don't understand why you, or anyone has any reason to chastise them like this for giving you content to enjoy. You don't have to buy it, nor does anyone else. They are very generous for allowing us to play the worlds most popular multiplayer game for free. God forbid they charge for vanity things and create plans to get people to buy more skins. That's how they make the money to further develop the game you get to enjoy for free.

I really dislike when people go on a with hunt for game developers, especially companies like Riot that generally are very kind to their fan base.

Sidenote about the skins becoming common: No one really cares. If they really actually cared that someone else was now able to a skin that they owned that was "special", they simply have nothing of actual gravity to be upset about, so they're being upset over something that's utterly ******ed.

Normally your argument would be reasonable, however this time it doesn't apply. People bought the skins because they were limited edition, or at least that was part of the reason. They have a unique feel to them and that's what makes them mystical, cool or just awesome. With this, part of the magic is lost and that's what bothers people.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2013 8:16pm | Report
While I agree with you GMD, I still feel like if this truly bothers anyone, they simply have nothing better to do with their time then ***** at Riot over frivolous things.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2013 8:25pm | Report

While I agree with you GMD, I still feel like if this truly bothers anyone, they simply have nothing better to do with their time then ***** at Riot over frivolous things.

Well it bothers me, but I will still grab the chance to add more specimens to my collection.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide