Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Site Update] Forum Visual Update

Creator: Mowen August 31, 2017 5:47pm
1 2
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2017 5:47pm | Report

We've given the forums a facelift! There are no new features, but everything has been updated to match the new site style.

Please let us know what you think! We felt that the best way to gather feedback on this forum update is to let you guys try it out! We hope you enjoy it! :)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2017 6:05pm | Report
The signatures being compressed to a smaller size kinda blows. It kinda ****s up the quality.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2017 6:10pm | Report
The new max height of the signatures is 150px, we had height restrictions before but didn't enforce it in the actual signature box but some user's signatures have gotten rather tall. As long as you keep your signatures below 150px height it will fix the compression issue (though that would be with no text, so if you have text below try 140px height)
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2017 6:11pm | Report
Yea, I'm not talking about new ones, I'm talking about the 600 or so I've already made :P
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2017 1:07am | Report
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2017 1:17am | Report
Bring back the darkness, separate page numbers better, make signatures bigger.

Bigger avatars are cool though so, yea. That's something.

Also, make it so it doesn't ask me if I wanna post something. That's just odd.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2017 4:07am | Report
While the change initially was like, what, why, it has very quickly grown on me. I can't even remember what the old forums looked like ^^ Some feedback/suggestions:

> When I click "post" I get the message: "Are you sure you want to leave this page?"

> I don't like how the Quick Reply box doesn't extend all the way across the screen.

> Maybe it's the darker background, or my fatigue, but I'm finding it hard to read the text. Could MobaFire implement an option to enlargen text? Similar to sites such as Fanfiction.net etc. Just keep clicking the Aa button until the size is what you want. Also, signatures look more out of place than ever. What about adding them to the side when the post is too small/short to extend past the user info on the left? It'd also mean people's signatures can remain tall, or vertical sigs could come in! Dunno.

Also, I don't know if you changed the randomise code, but it's cycling much better now, super cool :)

Nice work, all in all, guys!
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2017 4:12am | Report
you can almost read vapora's signature which is banner made by me for his Lucian guide

yikes
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2017 7:21am | Report
Thanks for the feedback guys! Working on fixing these bugs:

- Get a warning when posting comments
- Mentions not working properly

@Vapora that's a totally fair reaction xD I'm sure it'll take some getting used to for all of us

@Jhoi re: the quick reply box dragging, there is actually an ad to the right of the box which is why it doesn't change width since when the ad is there and the width changes it moves around the ad funkily and it's pretty offputting. So I am assuming you are using adblock which is why it just looks like empty space to you.

Also I will look into the font size thing but I don't have a good idea at the moment whether or not it's doable. I totally get you though, it would be a nice feature.

Glad the new look grew on you pretty quickly!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2017 7:35am | Report
Yeah I have to admit it's grown on me pretty quickly too. I don't necessarily prefer it over the old one but I don't dislike it anymore either, like I did this morning.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide