Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Update: Lots of bug fixes, limit on public voting

Creator: Matt April 11, 2011 2:36am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 6:15pm | Report
How is it less trolling? won't trolls troll, no matter what? That's my experience on websites like this. I think this is a good idea, in order to give guides naturally accurate scores, but why does it lower the numbers of trolls?

I must say, that I'm more and more convinced that the idea really works x)
You guys have some nice arguments, but I still think that there might rise some problems. (Not sure, just a thought)
And I guess I have to bite your glorious *** Matt, you seem to know what you are doing x)
I'm not that familiar with systems like this, so thats why I'm asking questions and putting question marks to different things, which can seem to be critics, though it necessarily isn't.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 6:21pm | Report
Dotter wrote:

How is it less trolling? won't trolls troll, no matter what? That's my experience on websites like this. I think this is a good idea, in order to give guides naturally accurate scores, but why does it lower the numbers of trolls?

It doesn't lower the amount of downvotes, but people can no longer derive pleasure from giving -1s to people and watching their reactions. Many of us know the drama we've had over issues like that. This way, specific users aren't targeted.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 6:24pm | Report
Matt, I may have to quote that from you a few hundred times.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2011 1:25am | Report
Okay, then I get it.
That actually seems to be a good idea, since people tend to get pissed off from trollers (including me, since I find trolling to be a waste of life). xD
Tr4ce
<Member>
Tr4ce's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2011 12:29am | Report
I Guess people wont need a reason to down vote. yet, even when they down-voted they write something stupid like asdkasjdklsajdlkasj.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2011 1:56am | Report
exactly, and now people who are afraid to DV can easily.

The only downside I see to this is not knowing who voted, in case it was someone...known to DV a lot...or a spam account.

But, when you weigh the downsides and the benefits to this, I think it leans a bit more towards the benefits xD

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 8:11am | Report
What can I do about people downvoting then immediately deleting the "required comment"? because seriously, my guide has 6 downvotes but only two of them are explained by someone in the comments.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 8:29am | Report
If they delete the comment, the vote is deleted as well.

After getting 20 votes the c2v feture is automaticly disabled and no longer avaible.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 2:07pm | Report
Oooh ok
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 4:33pm | Report
However if you go over 20 votes, then enough people delete their votes to bring you back below 20 again, it will automatically activate. Basically any vote that ever occurs under the 20 count will be forced to show publicly with a comment.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide