Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Update: Lots of bug fixes, limit on public voting

Creator: Matt April 11, 2011 2:36am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 6:39am | Report
edit: no point arguing.
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 7:29am | Report
Well Boosh, if you've got something to say, say it.
Crazy Smurf
<Member>
Crazy Smurf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 8:57am | Report
Just realised something. What was the point of making new C2V system? Personally, i realized it was plenty wrong, not in the whole but in some cases. 1st standard C2V was leaving people with 2 options:
1. I don't care what people say, I just want votes.
2. I care what people say/might say, I want their comments.

Now you guys left people out with option:
1. Get 20 votes and then we don't care [Not to mention, the real comments start popping out when you get higher, but maybe not in the case of Vets/Mods as they are more popular]. Something like that. In a certain way you're leaving people no choice after all, it came back to the first voting system with a little "help". Anyway, seeing why people don't like my guides made my mind, I don't want anyone to be rampaging all free because they dislike some things I like (Anime to be certain). People didn't care about the guide, I even doubt they read it (probly Fate's one as it's getting nicely downvoted for "The hell I know" reason), they saw Anime Banners = downvote. Oh, one last opinion, everyone (I mean it), just everyone doing their guides are really posting them with such a kind, nice heart, kind of a cheap mind-breaker, scores count for everyone, and people care about them a lot, no matter what, you guys may be different, but majority of this communicity isn't all that nicely hearted and doing everything with a pure intention of being nice and helpful. If you get like 60% and your guide cannot be even seen by people becaus If you don't know about this' site reality, then sorry, I'm going back to moderate my old forum, the prioritets of the staff here are not up to be real and to be honest not understandable for most of people visiting this site.
Peace, I hope this site will be prospering in a better way time by time anyway:)
- Witcher 1 and 2 Collecter Editions - Best RPGs in tha World -
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 9:25am | Report
Xaioli wrote:

Well Boosh, if you've got something to say, say it.

no its been covered thanks Teen :) (Xaio Teen not kid noobs!)
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 4:59pm | Report
@Crazy Smurf, we just spent weeks and weeks proving that you cannot force users to post meaningful comments. Majority of the comments from public votes were useless. Many of those users were even annoyed that they were being forced to comment, because NO OTHER SITE DOES THIS, and would leave nasty comments as a result.

I'm sorry but if a guide hits 60% it's not because you had anime banners. I mean hell, look at the art for the game, it's really not that far off from anime to begin with. The reality is, if you get to 60%, it's because the general public did not find your guide as useful as others. You either need to figure out why and fix it, or stick to your guns and accept that your guide is on the fringe.

The score is not there to stroke the author's ego. We love our authors and we want them to be happy, but we also love our readers and we want the site to be as beneficial as it can for them. In order to do that we need honest scores so that we can rank the guides for our readers.

Public voting DOES NOT result in honest scores. It results in heavily padded and inflated scores. The padded scores give authors the illusion that it is weeding out trolls. Except it's not. We had nothing but fighting, paranoia, finger pointing, retaliation voting, it was a mess. The trolls will still troll, they'll just do it from another account. Except they had an extra tool, they could troll comment AND show a down vote, just to piss off the author a little more. The honest voters were afraid to down vote because of all that fighting, paranoia, finger pointing and retaliation.

And don't you dare say that "priorities of the staff are not real and honest". This site is our baby, you have no idea what we devote to it. We love this site and are doing everything in our power to make it balanced, fair and honest, for all our users, readers and authors alike. The current system is quite good. No more fighting and retaliation, more accurate guide ranks, and new guides still get that extra boost if they feel they need it through their first 20 votes. That's "real and honest".

/rant
Crazy Smurf
<Member>
Crazy Smurf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 11:16pm | Report
Actually my only main point here was that people like getting opinions and with such a system you made this request almost not makeable, as most of the opinions/thoughts/ideas were forced through the C2C system, now you get plain score with no further information because people simply don't care about things they don't have to do. Well, guess we can't understand each other.
- Witcher 1 and 2 Collecter Editions - Best RPGs in tha World -
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 11:29pm | Report

Actually my only main point here was that people like getting opinions and with such a system you made this request almost not makeable, as most of the opinions/thoughts/ideas were forced through the C2C system, now you get plain score with no further information because people simply don't care about things they don't have to do. Well, guess we can't understand each other.

Matt wrote:
we just spent weeks and weeks proving that you cannot force users to post meaningful comments.

I think Matt understands you quite fine. I don't think you understand though.

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 1:22am | Report
I don't feel like spending so many hours on a guide, like I did with my Urgot guide to see it drop from 81 to 74% in one day. I thought it would be higher, but I guess it's just not that good. (I'm not bitter, just wondering why people didn't downvote it when it required a comment - If they had a reason, they should feel free to tell me)

I can see the problem with people afraid of voting, but people should just write what they feel like and say "Screw the fact that I might be flamed, because I point out some problems with a guide). The problem is that people downvote without any reasons. Then how is a guide-maker suppose to improve his own guide?
Many upvotes and downvotes are just postulates without an actual reson why to upvote or downvote.
Surely it is nice to get high scores, but not if the only feedback is "Nice guide" "good looking".
I write it myself sometimes, but that's mostly when I don't have actual constructive feedback, because I'm new with the champion, which means I'm not in position to give advices on the champion build (In these cases I've tried the build with some nice success).
XLZ
<Member>
XLZ's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 12:48pm | Report
Since this stupid idea of allowing people to vote without "c2v" I have two more downrates on my main guide without a f.... comment. This is just pathetic.

So much time and effort spent on these guides which I love to do, sharing my thoughts with people, answering every single post and question... And one day I found that these ****s which love to downrate guides have free path to do so... Great guys!

/clap mobafire.
Who wants some?
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 1:06pm | Report
XLZ, down-votes will come whether you can see their comment or not. Trolls will troll. However C2V made fair voters afraid of down-voting in case of retaliation. If you don't have the nerves to take two single down-votes you shouldn't make guides at all. Do you make it for the score, or to help? If it's the first one MOBAFire isn't for you.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide