Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Update: Redesigned builder + new homepage +...

Creator: Matt July 19, 2010 6:19am
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2010 2:29am | Report
Ok on the edit part.

As i posted some time ago, i use chrome to create my space for build descriptions.
http://img833.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=45403866.jpg

1st pic is standard window for desc.
2nd pic is when you stretch it for more clear view of what your type, but i also always stretched it horisontaly. atm i cant as you see on 3rd pic.

it would be REALY usefull for me at least to organise the build more or less like on pic number 4.
That way i would be able to stretch the box both directions :)
a small favor i ask :PPP it realy helps me get a better overview on the build desc, and as you know my desc are far from beeing small :(

@ the mastery thing... it works now... i had to have a glitch or somethin.. hmm will test it out a bit to get the glitch again hmm wierd...
But, as i for example use a link:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/mastery-tree-planner#&tree1=1-0-0-3-4-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0&tree2=0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&tree3=0-0-3-1-4-1-1-3-0-0-3-1-3-0-1
The numbers from some masteries just dissapear and i cant see the 3/3 box on any browser (FF, Chrome, IE)
For example this 9/0/21 build has no number on the preservance and ghost, and it should have 3/3 and 1/1 there. It happens on 1st lane of 21/9/0 in def tree. o_O

PS. I love the new Wiki links. Is it possible to implement a version of this with pic's only and mouseover on pic only? and to be a small and big option in it?

Also, with the new comment stuff, you cant report comments anymore, you can't edit comments, and you cant delete your comments (in case of double post and such).
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2010 2:47am | Report
1) We'll take a look at rearranging the page. The main problem is that chrome's resizing feature does not handle the layers well. Maybe we can bump the text field's layer up so it goes over top of that text, we'll see.

2) Thanks for the mastery link, I see what's happening. We will fix it :)

3) We discussed having the wiki links themselves actually display the way you suggest, but decided to stick with expected wiki functionality and to use a separate tag for inserting straight icons. We'll come up with something that does what you want. It will probably be something like (icon item="Whatever" size="32"). Would that work for you? It would output the requested icon 32x32 pixels with appropriate tooltip and be linked if possible, but no text.

4) Yes, the old methods of handling that didn't work with the new layout. I'll be bringing the functionality back shortly, sorry for the inconvenience :)
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2010 2:50am | Report
Btw you might not have noticed since you're using chrome's own functionality, but the new bbcode editor has a built in vertical resizer :) It only goes vertically though.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2010 3:04am | Report
Yea just the pic, no text and a demanded size as additional input is perfect.

Yea vertical is ok but that horisontal thing is also needed in my case, that is why i like chrome so much.

Some time ago i didnt have any problems with resizing this box, but lately that text boxes on right side screwed this option :/ so now i can only resize verticaly :(.

Trying out the new wiki stuff and redoing my Warwick guide atm, so it benefits from " " tags. And testing other options :)

I am sick and tired of Leagueoflegeds.com and lol-europe.com sites constantly swapping paths to the damn pics, so i am taking the effort of linking to MOBAFire database now. I just hope you wont change the image paths soonish XD or i will hunt you and kill you. Remember the internet freaks are dangerous :P

Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2010 3:19am | Report
Hahah, no we won't change them. They are named that way for a reason. The (icon) tag once done, should help with that too :)
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2010 4:05am | Report
Once again realy realy realy thank you for those wiki style items.

It makes my life soooooo easier to update my guides now :) Like 3 times faster than normaly when pics ****ed up. It looks way better now.

You could also add "Total Build", where ppl could post endgame item list and it would additionaly count the cost of the build. Atm we only have item sequence, and if we want to be more precise there the overall stats are getting screwed.
Just a thought i had loooong time ago :)

Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2010 4:56am | Report
I added an icon tag :) Here are some examples, replace round brackets with square brackets. There is a minor issue with the icons getting linked to the image itself in comments when we don't intend them to (which breaks the champion icon from linking to the champion itself), but we'll figure that out shortly. If you don't specify size, it defaults to 16.

-> (icon=Xin Zhao size=64)
-> (icon=Crescent Sweep size=32)
-> (icon=Health Potion size=19)
-> (icon=Greater Seal of Evasion)
-> (icon=Flash)
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2010 5:17am | Report
just a small glitch your yellow collor adds an unnessesary "]"

(color=yellow)(/color)).

The big images work perfectly and this is the **** i wanted to have! You made panda happy :)

Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2010 5:20am | Report
DEWO wrote:

just a small glitch your yellow collor adds an unnessesary "]"

(color=yellow)(/color)).

Thanks, fixed :)
Dirty Goolash
<Veteran>
Dirty Goolash's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2010 2:46am | Report
I like the new homepage, but i definately don't think it gives newer builds as much exposure. Maybe you could put the box back in on the old homepage that listed the latest 10 or so builds along with the newer boxes. To look at new builds, you have to go to browse builds and newest, which I'm sure a lot of people don't do.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide