Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Update: Redesigned builder + new homepage +...

Creator: Matt July 19, 2010 6:19am
1 2 3
FlashJ
<Administrator>
FlashJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2010 9:23pm | Report
With the volume of builds created daily new builds lasted for a very short period of time on the old home page There were 10 new builds listed so any build was lucky to last on that list for more than half a day. The other two smaller boxes were dominated by the same builds day in and day out.

The intent with the new box is to showcase those new builds that deserve it long enough that they have a fighting chance to get traction and possibly compete with the older more established builds. The date range was added to allow users who prefer to "browse" from the homepage to change the range with which a guide was created including "all time".

As a way to help increase exposure of new builds we increased the number of the browse page results listed by more than double to help expose brand new builds a bit longer so they can try to gain enough traction to get into the top of the last 30 days. Again we added the age filter so users who wish to view shorter or longer time frames can do so but here we left it with the original "newest builds first" layout. This makes it very easy to see new builds or to resort all builds to see the best of the best.

We then added the legendary Builds so that the top 3 builds for each month would get permanent traction on the homepage to really compete for top spot.

Overall the focus of the new homepage was more exposure for more builds, but the ones that show some promise to become more. The focus for the browse page was more exposure for all but showcasing new builds.

*As a side note to the "all time" top builds. We do plan to add something to the homepage to show case those achievements.
"There's a joke here somewhere, and its on me."
Gimp Samurai
<Member>
Gimp Samurai's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2010 9:46pm | Report
I had an issue in copying a build where it would not allow me to change the order of the skills i chose for each respective level. Every time i would save the build it would revert to the way it was before.

Just a heads up.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2010 10:37pm | Report
idk if this just bothers me or not but as far as i know theres an item no longer available that you have still up, i believe it was like the sapphire ring or something, it was made of 2 sapphires... also removing promote from the list of spells would be good too...

im sorry i'm a stickler for some things.

EDIT: its called the sage's ring
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide