Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer, Revealed!

Creator: Mowen December 14, 2012 1:05am
Banishedd
<Member>
Banishedd's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2012 10:56am | Report
Ultimate over powered in 1vs1 fights, and at focusing dat carry. Will probably be nerfed if its damage is too stronk.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2012 10:59am | Report
She's already been nerfed twice on PBE guys :O
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2012 2:06pm | Report
I think she's fine now. She's a bruiser, consider all the other top lane bruisers out right now, then weigh them against Vi. She has no sustain, longish CDs early game, she can "nuke" but she is the epitome of a "brawler"
makapromaka
<Member>
makapromaka's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2012 10:22am | Report
We can say that this is new Jax, nice combination of damage in % of health points and bonus damage every second with 2 charges and cooldown with 1 second. Nice Overpowering charge attack and AoE damage behind target. Nice CC ulty. Like her so much.
bRUZZN
<Member>
bRUZZN's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2012 11:03pm | Report
tekken ult gg
Almogpas
<Member>
Almogpas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2012 10:16pm | Report
Sorry to disappoint you guys, Vi might seem OP but she is quite balanced because of her Cooldowns and her gapclosers.

Here is a list of her weak points:

1) CC Owns her hard.
2) CDR Does not affect E Recharging
3) Built tanky she has the initial burst of her Q R E W(Proc here)E |But left out without anything to do for 4 seconds because of her CD on Q and even there she will probably travel away from the fight.
4) Her shield charges every (12-May change) seconds OUTSIDE OF COMBAT and works for a fixed med amount (450~ lvl 18) + only 10% of her HP for the whole game (750~ health shield for level 18 with 3000~ health, that built a tanky bruiser) |And its kept for 6 seconds (Hitting a minion accidently and you lose the shield before the fight starts).
5) Her Q Has an impressive range of about 400-500 gapclosing but stops at the first enemy champion hit (Vi: Who put that malphite here :P)

Although that I must also point out the list of OP abilities she has:

1) Her R knocks you aside (Flashed in as rengar to help my carry over golem wall... she knocked me back aside with her R |T_T|)
2) Her burst is freakishly annoying when she goes AD, she R in, E E W(Proc) carry and can then Q out.
3) Uses trinity well because her E Isn't a proc, its an activate.
4) With AS she will destroy your tank (Like a vayne).
5) Epic clear times when taking E at start, wolves-blue at 1:10 already (Without leash with over half HP Without potions [With the correct runes/masteries/smite])
6) Her R is like a Lee Sin ulti + Amumu Q, you will get a knock back when she hits you and 75% of the damage (All the damage).
7) Her R is a knock up, unlike Warwick and Malzahar which their ulti is a surpress, Vi's ulti cannot be canceled by Cleanse, Truesilver or Mercurial Scimitar.

Note that the OP Side of her can only be achived after a large amount of practice, I'll point out here:

1) In order to execute Trinity Force correctly Vi must take sustain and time her burst right.
2) Her Q charges like Varus' Q, lose movement speed and less then 100~ range dash if toggled right away.
3) Her ulti has a great amount of CD, it was nerfed for 140/120/100 in the PBE like it should have been from the beginning.

Overall Vi is great but has high skillcap and requires you to micromanage and cooperate with your whole team, without cooperation you will lose (Funny since she likes working alone according to lore)

EPIC SIDE NOTES!:

When she R jayce she yells: "Hey Jayce, Power Slam!".
Personal taunt to Caitlyn: Drops a tea-cup (Confirms Cait is british).
She is a badass Hextech Masher.
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2012 10:53pm | Report
^A better analogy for her ultimate is a combination of Nautilus and Warwick ults.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
SkullzX
<Member>
SkullzX's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2012 10:53pm | Report
Almogpas
<Member>
Almogpas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2012 4:21am | Report
Zeprido wrote:

^A better analogy for her ultimate is a combination of Nautilus and Warwick ults.

I kinda disagree simply because Warwick "Teleports" to the target and puts a surpress (Cleansable) and Nautilus deals a flat amount to enemies hit by the waves, not a percentage.

Also her R has knockback it's not a knockup like Nautilus', with the right positioning Vi can use R to split the enemy team with a thin wall.

AND... her R is a single hit not a 5-hits-wise like Warwick's.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I've played LoL for just three months, chances are that I'm wrong.
RIPTUPcooler
<Member>
RIPTUPcooler's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2012 6:42am | Report
she sounds OP if played rite but at the sametime she sounds very easy to kite around

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide