Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Anonymous Threatens Facebook

Creator: Jebus McAzn August 11, 2011 7:33pm
1 2
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 11, 2011 7:33pm | Report
Copy-pasted from an identical thread on Smogon:

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXLxiMemYc0

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2390805,00.asp

Apparently Anonymous is at it again. This time Facebook is in its sights. I don't really know how to feel about this. On one hand I am rather pissed at them for even threatening to take down my main form of social networking. First Sony and now Facebook. It seems as though they are causing more harm to the people that they aim to "protect". On the other hand though, it would be interesting to see what exactly Facebook has been up to. Hopefully it is just a hoax. One thing is undeniable though; there has been a sudden rise in the hacking community. These group's actions, such as team poison's intervention in England, seem to be rather formidable and are becoming more and more frequent."

Thoughts?
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 11, 2011 7:54pm | Report
Facebook, while extremely convenient, is remarkably unsettling to me. To put it simply, I do not trust Mark Zuckerberg. Every time I see an interview with him, I get this gut feeling that if this man gains true power, something very bad will happen.
The thing that worries me is that he's a smart, dare I say, ruthless businessman who hides under the guise of an awkward nerd. But at the same time he IS an awkward nerd.
I cannot discern what his true morals and motivations are, but I'm not sure if the persona he puts up is completely a fraud. In other words, he's a black box, and god help us all if we open it and find out it's not what we expected.

For this reason, I can understand why Anonymous might be targeting facebook, because I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 11, 2011 8:18pm | Report
Erm, I may be wrong here, but as far as I know Anonymous was nothing to do with the attack on Sony.
Lazukin
<Member>
Lazukin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 11, 2011 8:21pm | Report
^ Some of his actions are very odd and he is very unsettling, but I don't really know why.

I make sigs, PM me if you want one :D (Thanks for the Nidalee sig, The_Nameless_Bard!)
gwadzila
<Member>
gwadzila's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 12:30am | Report
After watching the video, I felt compelled to clap.

Whether they go through with the plan or not, I don't really care. I have nothing to really gain or lose from it working or not.
Credit to jhoijhoi for this intense battle.
Whenever you +Rep me, a puppy finds a home.
My builds: Gragas Veigar Soraka
My Blog is f*cking important.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 1:06am | Report
i knew this stuff about facebook pretty much already. hence why im never on really.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 1:26am | Report
Bleeeh time to move to Google+
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 1:42am | Report

Bleeeh time to move to Google+

I'm not sure how much I trust google either, but I do trust them slightly more than I do facebook. Although Google+ has a long way to go before I consider using it fully.
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 4:47am | Report
I don't trust any social network and I am very happy that something is moving against Facebook.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 8:29am | Report
Who can honestly say they are surprised about the news of Facebook selling personal information? I sure am not. It bothered me, but seeing I'm not really posting nude photographs of myself wearing nothing but a mask under the name of "Chanel", and they threaten to expose my real identity, it didn't stop me from using it.

If I care about Facebook getting blown to smithereens? No. I have Skype, and I have "real life". Does. Not. Care :D

Will be fun to watch, though. By the way, LulzSec said that they are not taking part in the Facebook hacking. They said, and I quote: "We have bigger fish to fry".
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide