Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Any fun MMOs?

Creator: Bryun March 13, 2014 2:26am
28 posts - page 2 of 3
Out Of Pancakes
<Inhouse Addict>
Out Of Pancakes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2014 1:19pm | Report
Yeah Rift is f2p. But it becomes quite repetitive if you're playing alone. It's still a good one though.
I used to play Runescape but they made so many changes that I don't like it how it is right now.
Dragon Nest is really nice.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2014 1:32pm | Report
its not really much of an mmo but you could always give path of exile to try, its f2p and has no p2w elements.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2014 2:43pm | Report
OK SO I DL'D DRAGON NEST AND COMPLETELY INSTALLED IT.
I LOG IN AND TRY TO RUN THE LAUNCHER.
THEN IT JUSTS AUTO QUITS RIGHT AFTER HACKSHIELD LAUNCHER.
NEXON IS TOTAL ****, WHAT GAME DOES NOT START WHEN FRESHLY INSTALLED????

IF ANYONE KNOWS A FIX PLS TELL ME. FFS NEXON HOLY ****, THIS BRINGS ME BACK WITH ALL THE MAPLESTORY PROBLEMS.

Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2014 2:45pm | Report
Start it from the website.

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2014 3:14pm | Report
Janitsu wrote:

Start it from the website.

I did. ;_;
It literally loads all the way to the hackshield then nothing ever shows u after.

Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2014 3:24pm | Report
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2014 10:50pm | Report
it used to do the same thing to me and it was really annoying and i couldnt find i fix, you have to go in your dragon nest folder and find some file in there and use that to open it, i forget the file because it did that on my old computer not this one

btw dragon nest isnt -too- amazing, it got really boring even when you hit end game, especially since everything to gear yourself is never introduced to you so i had no idea what suffix/essence/whatever new thing they changed since the last patch was for or did(oh theyre removing the current system they have and replacing it with a new one when the level 70 patch hits with some weird season/moon thing)

plus some classes are strict pvp classes and others are mainly pve so it feels lame picking a class you like only to find out its only good as a pvp class when you want to be a pve player like myself (QQ no dark summoner for me)

that being said i might get around to playing it again once i get a computer than can handle it without drooling on itself everytime two people use a skill, and when the assassin class comes out

EDIT: also, it being a Nexon game, there is going to be some "pay to win" elements in it, but the only ones that are actually hindering to the gameplay is the fact that you have to use real money to buy extra storage space and extra on hand storage space which is stupid considering the huge amount if rare items it takes to upgrade your gear, and there being like 4 types of currency in the game that can only have 100 of each stack (each Epic Skill Crest costs about 3 stacks of dimension shards or more idr havnt played in a while), pets also cost real world money and are also limited so if you happen to be in a "get what you pick up" party and dont have a pet good luck getting any of the loot, and like most MMOs there are costumes that add ******ed stats but as far as i know those stats arent used in pvp, extra skill trees cost money, as do resets other than i think 3 resets you get through the quests, item protection jellies cost money as well so if you dont want to spend money youll have to deal with weapons being enhanced to +6 without risk of them breaking (and even with jellies they can still break)

so it does have some p2w elements but not nearly as bad as other games since they keep it out of pvp and who cares if you have wtf extra damage in pve
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2014 12:40am | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

it used to do the same thing to me and it was really annoying and i couldnt find i fix, you have to go in your dragon nest folder and find some file in there and use that to open it, i forget the file because it did that on my old computer not this one

btw dragon nest isnt -too- amazing, it got really boring even when you hit end game, especially since everything to gear yourself is never introduced to you so i had no idea what suffix/essence/whatever new thing they changed since the last patch was for or did(oh theyre removing the current system they have and replacing it with a new one when the level 70 patch hits with some weird season/moon thing)

plus some classes are strict pvp classes and others are mainly pve so it feels lame picking a class you like only to find out its only good as a pvp class when you want to be a pve player like myself (QQ no dark summoner for me)

that being said i might get around to playing it again once i get a computer than can handle it without drooling on itself everytime two people use a skill, and when the assassin class comes out

EDIT: also, it being a Nexon game, there is going to be some "pay to win" elements in it, but the only ones that are actually hindering to the gameplay is the fact that you have to use real money to buy extra storage space and extra on hand storage space which is stupid considering the huge amount if rare items it takes to upgrade your gear, and there being like 4 types of currency in the game that can only have 100 of each stack (each Epic Skill Crest costs about 3 stacks of dimension shards or more idr havnt played in a while), pets also cost real world money and are also limited so if you happen to be in a "get what you pick up" party and dont have a pet good luck getting any of the loot, and like most MMOs there are costumes that add ******ed stats but as far as i know those stats arent used in pvp, extra skill trees cost money, as do resets other than i think 3 resets you get through the quests, item protection jellies cost money as well so if you dont want to spend money youll have to deal with weapons being enhanced to +6 without risk of them breaking (and even with jellies they can still break)

so it does have some p2w elements but not nearly as bad as other games since they keep it out of pvp and who cares if you have wtf extra damage in pve

What class should I play? I like to deal lotsa damage, and level fast.
I wanted to play the assassin class because that's the class I always choose but it's not out yet. -_-

@Janitsu I'll try these fixes soonTM, thanks for helping <3

WHO WANTS TO PLAY WITH ME

EDIT: Yep, no matter what I do when it loads the hackshield launcher everything loads perfectly but nothing shows up after the hackshield launcher finishes loading. I used the manual launcher, and tried using adiff account.. everything ;_;.

I JUST WANT TO TRY THIS GAME, LOOKS PRETTY DECENT.

& I know asking nexon support for help is useless because they NEVER help.

xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2014 4:35am | Report
Assassin class will come out with 70 cap if I remember correctly, sorry I am playing on EU Dragon Nest, which is luckily hosted by the game devs themselves (Shanda Games) wuhu!.

If you want to level fast: Swordman/Mercenary (both level crazy fast and easy) Acrobats are super fast aswell.

Sharpshooter and Elemental Lords / Force Users are on a slower,
then Priests and Paladins (zzz, main Full Support Priest here, plis, gear farming D:).

Edit. Oh and Kali (both jobs) are similar to Acrobats.

Edit2. And getting Jellys is no hard thing.
I still have 1500 Jellys to make my set at least +10 :p
Once you figure out how to and join some good guilds, money will be flowing to you like crazy. Even as a Full Main Support Priest I made like over 20k gold a week.
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2014 5:29am | Report
xIchi wrote:

Assassin class will come out with 70 cap if I remember correctly, sorry I am playing on EU Dragon Nest, which is luckily hosted by the game devs themselves (Shanda Games) wuhu!.

If you want to level fast: Swordman/Mercenary (both level crazy fast and easy) Acrobats are super fast aswell.

Sharpshooter and Elemental Lords / Force Users are on a slower,
then Priests and Paladins (zzz, main Full Support Priest here, plis, gear farming D:).

Edit. Oh and Kali (both jobs) are similar to Acrobats.

Edit2. And getting Jellys is no hard thing.
I still have 1500 Jellys to make my set at least +10 :p
Once you figure out how to and join some good guilds, money will be flowing to you like crazy. Even as a Full Main Support Priest I made like over 20k gold a week.

Which ones do the most damage?
I like assassin type gameplay so I'll definitely play that when it comes out, but for now I just want to get used to the game.

& if anyone has an updated version of the HShield folder, can someone send it to me? I figured out that the folder has to do with me not being able to play the game, and it the one that comes with the DL is causing mine not to work.

I think your folder will work for me if you could! The region shouldn't matter. :p

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide