Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ashamed of Being Human

Creator: CrimsonSkyz December 24, 2012 11:01am
80 posts - page 8 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Raptor4790
<Member>
Raptor4790's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2013 9:53am | Report
This discussion went downhill rapidly, heh.
I dunno - it's not exactly a 'human' problem. I'm sure that other beings or animals on our planet or others end up killing or causing insane pain just because they are confused, scared or simply mentally ill. It's more a problem with natural and the universe as a whole, rather than just humanity. Humans, generally, are good.... maybe
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2013 10:47am | Report
FireLord wrote:

so agresive, i guess you like to play games were you shoot people too, right?

You should read the second sentence from my post.

I live in germany, so there's no NRA faction in politics.
The moment the first kid started a shoot-out at his local school and it went public that he played CS, ALL politicians started to bash on ANY KIND of video game that included any violence, calling them "killer games" and that those were the reason ppl become violent...

What a HUUUUUGE pile of garbage.

ALL of those old douchebags admitted that they NEVER played any kind of video game, most of them didn't even know how to start a PC let alone install a program.
They even bashed on stuff like WoW simply because you can "throw grenades there", what you actually do in this game, you think they had any clue...?

They simply wanted to buy cheap smyphatie telling lies, abusing current events (like they always do).

All kids who started a shoot-out at their schools played CS = CS makes ppl violent
All kids who started a shoot-out at their schools ate bread = Bread makes ppl violent!

Maybe violent ppl like playing shooter, but ppl don't become violent BY playing them, that's why it's simply garbage what you said earlier.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2013 12:03pm | Report
Darcurse wrote:

you thing they had any clue...?

No, I do not thing they had any clue whatsoever.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2013 12:10pm | Report
Changed to make you look like a dirty little liar!

U HAPPY NAOW??!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2013 1:56pm | Report
Strategy wrote:

I think TH really explains it well:

Spoiler: Click to view

Yea, but um.. it's TB. TH is just a channel name, he goes by TB.

Quoted:
Spoiler: Click to view

Jillette really tried there. He really, really tried. Following our angry Brit, this is a clear example of the media trying to pin down the games.

The jump from real weapons to fake weapons in a game and brainwashing of children was, in the only way I can describe it, wrong.

By following that logic, a person that played Shaco for 3 years would not be thinking of anything else than stabbing his friends with knives.

Yes, silly things were said. I'm sad that women like that are famous in the media when all they do is talk bull just like that.
Thanks for the video. It was fun seeing an intelligent person in mainstream media(assuming it is) for once.
Quoted:
Also, was I the only one thinking of an atheist in a 1 vs 3 match?

Nah, it was more like a ton of random ******** and blame being put on anything with a remote connection to the subject. The only things with actual coherence that were said were said by Penn.
Quoted:
In any case, my current point of view is that the media might have started a new wave of murders and shootings, including the murder of these firemen.

The media most certainly has part of the blame. Probably a big one too.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2013 2:21pm | Report

Well I never really gave much thought to that. What is there to discuss? :o
Usually if I just make an article the reader's just discuss whatever pops into their head first.

Nothing wrong with that. Do try to promote discussion more in later topics tho. Try to bring up interesting points on the subject.
This was more of an outburst of feelings over some news.

sirell wrote:

You can be ashamed of being human, but there is no need to be ashamed of yourself (at least, not in this case). After all, it is not you who shot the firemen. There is no crime by association.

Also, you don't have to be ashamed of being human. Even though this article shows something someone probably should be ashamed of, there are also plenty of other charitable stories elsewhere which shows how or why you can be proud to be human.

After all, we are but human. So why not take pride in the great things we can do?

I like you. There's a sense of logic in what you say, quite unlike the masses.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2013 2:21pm | Report
sirell wrote:

What makes you think there's always a reason? It's not an inconceivable idea to do something for its own sake. You may claim I have ulterior motives, but if I, to myself, say that I do its for its own sake, then who are you to say otherwise? Yes, this argument can work both ways to say that there is always an ulterior motive regardless of what I say to myself, and who are you to say otherwise. But that just makes one point as logically valid as the other.

So it makes you feel dominant, but then what is the reason for that? At the end of it all, you find... a non-justifiable ultimate reason. We do it simply because we feel like doing it. At the end of all that rationing, there is no actual reason why we do it. You can always ask 'but why?'.

Nice post.
I am however a firm believer that everything has a reason, however convoluted, crazy or stupid it may be.

Quoted:
But seriously, if you restricted firearms, there'd be a whole lot less gun crime. After all, if you do not have access to a gun, then how do you shoot someone...?

To use the words of a fellow person on this forum:
"Gun laws won't protect people from being shot.

Nor do they protect people from purchasing weapons legally then making illegal modifications.

Nor do they prevent people from purchasing illegal fire arms."

This same person then went on to compare guns to alcohol.
To which someone made a response they actually thought through before posting; "There's a big difference between alcohol and guns. Alcohol is harmful to yourself, guns are harmful to others. You decide when and where to get drunk, not when and where you get shot. Also, everyone knows how to make beer, I can make it at home if I want to. Making a gun is a lot harder."

Needless to say, this person was American.

I hope this sparks some debate! :)
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2013 2:29pm | Report
god searz quit spamming 8D
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2013 2:38pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

god searz quit spamming 8D

You called?

Being ashamed of being human -> shoot your brains out and it's all over.

YUP; SOLVES EVERYTHING

Trust me, I'm talking from experience.
Quoted:
humans are evil by our own standards which is kind of ironic if you think about it.

I dunno about "evil" since the definition can differ greatly, but humans are selfish, that's a fact.
Quoted:
P.S. You might wanna do something about your spelling.

Pheyniex is not that bad.. I've seen a lot worse on this site. Need I mention... TheJohn? (aka Mr.Brazil)
  • Germans were responsible for the holocaust.
  • Dutch caused terror, suffering and were responsible for mass murder in the East Indies during the 1700's. Also of course the occupation of Indonesia till it became independent in 1949.
  • French caused death and struck terror in europe during the time of Napoleon.
  • Spanish had Francisco Franco, a dictator who was in office from 1936 to 1975. Amongst many other things he supported the Nazi's during WWII; granting them weapon test sites, free access into Africa and they could use Spanish harbours.
  • Russia has its fair share in violence as well. Oktober revolution, Iosef Stalin, extremely poor treatment of PoW's during WWII.

Now I only covered a few European countries. But this list is endless. Do not put this on Americans. The reason we often hear this coming from America is because it makes up for a large part of the world and due to their gun laws, the means are easier acquired.

But you forget that it's a very big difference between these the things you mention and the things happening in America. Key word being HAPPENING. That's right, the things you mentioned have already happened, they are not going on right now. What is HAPPENING in America is still going on and needs to be stopped. That is the reason people are complaining and discussing this. You can only change the present, the past will forever be the past.

what makes you think it's for no reason? There's always a reason.

The same obviously goes for killing. Your logic isn't exactly infallible here..
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
DemonSovereign
<Member>
DemonSovereign's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2013 10:44pm | Report
Well someone is really into this thread lol
Thanks TinyStar for the amazing sig<3
Care to check out my Mordekaiser guide? I'd appreciate it :D
Dark Metallica-Rocking With Mordekaiser
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8