Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Best rumor I ever heard

Creator: caucheka April 27, 2012 2:47am
12 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 2:47am | Report
Quoted:
Shares of Electronic Arts Inc. got a boost Thursday after rumors floated that a Tokyo-based online game company was thinking about buying the U.S. video game maker.

Quoted:
THE SPARK: Bloomberg said in a report citing South Korean business daily Maeil Business Newspaper that Nexon Corp., a South Korean company with headquarters in Japan, contacted EA about a possible buyout. Both EA and Nexon issued statements saying they don't comment on rumor or speculation.

Quoted:
BACKGROUND: Though not widely known in the U.S., Nexon is a large online game company with more than 3,400 employees. It pioneered the free-to-play business model for online games that's now used by Zynga Inc. for its popular Facebook games. Nexon's games, mostly played in Asia, are more immersive and complex than your typical "FarmVille." The company makes money by charging for virtual items and experiences in its games. In 2011, it earned 25.7 billion yen ($256.9 million) and revenue of 87.6 billion yen ($1.13 billion).

EA, whose fiscal year ended in March, is expected to report revenue of $4.17 billion for the full year.

Owen Mahoney, Nexon's chief financial officer, had previously worked as a senior vice president at Redwood City, Calif.-based EA, where he was responsible for acquisitions among other things.

SHARE ACTION: EA's stock rose 91 cents, or 6.1 percent, to $15.92 in afternoon trading. If Nexon did want to buy EA, now might be a good time — the stock has been trading near its 52-week low of $14.48.

Still, it would be tough. Nexon is larger than EA but not by much. EA's market cap is about $5.3 billion. Nexon, which trades on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, has a market capitalization of about $8.5 billion.

HAHAHA, DEAR GOD. THIS IS JUST.. THANK YOU BASED GOD.

for those who don't know, nexon is a company that makes tons of free to play cash shop (usually with pay to win ****) mmos. most notably maplestory.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 9:39am | Report
So basically 2 ****ty companies joining forces?
I bet they'll release a completely new level of **** onto the market.

Like F2P games with DRM. That would just be hilarious.
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 10:20am | Report
^ Exactly

Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 5:37pm | Report
Searz wrote:

So basically 2 ****ty companies joining forces?
I bet they'll release a completely new level of **** onto the market.

Like F2P games with DRM. That would just be hilarious.

Nexon isn't THAT bad.
MasterShorty
<Member>
MasterShorty's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2012 3:04pm | Report
yes....they really are. Pay 2 win....sucks sooo hard. And their games arnt that good anyway...
JUNGLE AMUMU BAYBAY!!!
davidcarl
<Member>
davidcarl's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2012 8:34pm | Report
SO TRUE!!!
To think they said all that stuff.
What's red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet at the same time? Rainbow
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2012 3:15pm | Report
This will be interesting.....
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2012 4:53pm | Report
As intriguing of an offer as this is, there's no way in Hell EA would give up their independence.
ShiftyCake
<Member>
ShiftyCake's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2012 5:01pm | Report
Nexon isn't Pay 2 win, They are F2P. There shops are available for all the impatient poeple in the game and are not required to be able to complete the game.

I admit that quite a bit of Nexon's "cool stuff" originates in their shop and yet it's not all that expensive to buy and is't required to buy. any people seem to diss the F2P genres, not realizing that they do in face need money just like the rest of the companies.

Yes, you can complain about it not being entirely free, but then you didn't read the words properly. Free 2 Play. A totally free game doesn't exist and, for those people poorer then the rest, having a genre that doesn't require payment to play is very comforting and useful. In fact, if you search for long enough, you can find games that are totally F2P. As in, you can buy everything from the item mall with in-game money. It's just way more expensive, is it once again comes down to impatience.

F2P only becomes P2P if you don't know how to be patient.
thanks Hogopogo for the banner :D
MDC
<Member>
MDC's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2012 3:05am | Report
People dissing free to play while playing LoL, so much irony.
On the other hand, I'll check out, how f2p are Nexon games, before judging.
Cho is MEGAZERGLING!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide