Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Dirty Bomb anybody?

Creator: Searz July 15, 2015 7:01am
19 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2015 7:01am | Report
I've been playing a lot of this lately.
It's hectic objective-focused FPS fun.
The loadout system is a little weird, but I guess it helps with balancing since you can't just pick the best perks and weapons.

Anybody feel like hitting me up and playing some? (preferably decent players :D)
I'm thinking of trying to get a bit competitive with the game.

Here are two freebies that are currently going on.
This one is for a Merc (the equivalent of a champion in LoL).
And this one is for two max level loadouts (lvl3/Bronze).
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2015 8:57am | Report
Toshabi wrote:
Splatoon is better.

The main reason why the Wii-U jumped to the top of my next console to purchase next list
Sig by The_Nameless_Bard
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2015 9:07am | Report
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Elusive Ferret's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2015 9:11am | Report
Splatoon isn't on PC though...
I can't take back the words I never said
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2015 9:27am | Report
Splatoon isn't on PC though...

It was never meant for PC. The way the game works and controls, I'm GLAD it ain't on PC.
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2015 9:42am | Report
b-but why are you mentioning it here, in a thread talking about a PC Shooter? :D
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2015 10:13am | Report
b-but why are you mentioning it here, in a thread talking about a PC Shooter? :D

Here's the thing though:

People are talking about motion controls being the set meta for Splatoon as opposed to using stick. Honestly, both have their advantages and disadvantages and I'll explain why.

1. Motion Control Aiming.

Like with stick aiming, you can control the sensitivity of movement/screen speed by adjusting it in options while you're playing. The benefits of motion aiming have to come primarily with people who use charges, only because people are finding that it's easier/more accurate to line up shots with your hand movements on the wii U gamepad as opposed to a jittery stick. I'd have to bring up the topic of "WELL IN CALL OF DUTY WE GOT 360 NO SCOPES", but that's just the thing: Snipers in Splatoon require you to charge a shot before you fire for maximum kill potential.

It's a lot like how it is in TF2, the only difference is it affects power AND distance of the shot. That's not bad, but if you have to stay aimed at a target while it's charging, steadiness is key. For most people, being able to follow a target with the subtle movement of a gamepad helps to line up headshots much easier, allowing you to OHKO anyone you line up a shot with.

My main concern with using motion control comes with basic movement. If you're a guy that has shaky hands or does the controller move while you're moving yoru character around, you'll run into some slight problems with your character slightly drifting off course, which in some instances can get you killed.

2. Moving with a stick

Now this is the most traditional means of console aiming out there. I don't have to do too much explaining with this one.

The burden and benefit of stick aiming is the power to quickly turn your character by way of stick sensitivity. I find that when I'm using a splattershot pro/blaster or heck, even a teknat splattershot, this is my most preferred method of aiming. But the real killer? When you take a charger with you, sometimes getting an accurately aimed shot can prove to be a challenge with how quickly the cursor moves. Sure, you can just adjust the sensitivity to fit your playstyle for the charger, but that also hinders your turning speed.

In conclusion, it all really comes down to personal preference, but when it comes to using the charger, I find that it's very make or break if you use the motion controls over the stick motion controls.

IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2015 10:22am | Report
Strange guy!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2015 11:58am | Report
Oh I'll gladly discuss control methods with you Toshabi... IN ANOTHER THREAD.
Please do make one.

As for the actual topic, anybody care to join me?
Also, I edited the comment to make the freebies part visible, because links are somehow still broken after embed tags here on Mobafire...
"Moral justification is a powerful disengagement mechanism. Destructive conduct is made personally and socially acceptable by portraying it in the service of moral ends." - Albert Bandura

"Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren't just ceding control of our rights to government, but our futures." - Edward Snowden
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide