Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

EA CEO on gaming microtransactions

Creator: caucheka March 19, 2012 10:26pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2012 1:57pm | Report
^ Wow really? It's that bad?

I heard it was awesome except for having the worst ending in the history of games.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2012 1:59pm | Report

Day one dlc is fine. So long as it is free to people who buy the game new.

But it sucks big time when day one dlc costs money and they sell the game for full price...

"Sequels are fine, so long as they are free to the people who bought the first game new.

But it sucks big time when you have to buy a sequel, and they sell the first game for full price."

The day one DLC of ME3 was developed entirely between the day that the game was finalized and the time the game shipped.

Would it be different if they waited a month?

Why would it be different?
Tri lane for life.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2012 2:00pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

^ Wow really? It's that bad?

I heard it was awesome except for having the worst ending in the history of games.

No, that's just how bad the ending was.

Basically, it throws all of your ME1/2 choices out the window, and just gives you a different colored explosion at the end (Literally...) for the three different choices at the end.
Tri lane for life.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2012 2:52pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

"Sequels are fine, so long as they are free to the people who bought the first game new.

But it sucks big time when you have to buy a sequel, and they sell the first game for full price."

The day one DLC of ME3 was developed entirely between the day that the game was finalized and the time the game shipped.

You make no sense. You can't compare it to a sequel. A sequel is actually a game on it's own, and not apart of the games that came before it. What are you even trying to say? ;s
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2012 2:53pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

But how could they have made it when the game was finished if they had audio files from the DLC teammate a year before it was released?
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2012 3:51pm | Report
And even IF it was done after the main game was done (that's a big If.) They could just give it out for free like they did with there other games...
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2012 5:32pm | Report
All I read was

"we agree to disagree"

or something close to that....

I still don't really care...I have the power to purchase a game if I wish, I'm not forced to. Have I bought ME3 yet? Nope cuz I dont have the money or time to devote to it (as much as I wish)

but overall this thread had some interesting points across the board...Carry on.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide