Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Favorite Game of 2011?

Creator: caucheka February 12, 2012 11:42pm
82 posts - page 4 of 9
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Favorite Game of 2011?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 8:53am | Report
Zoki wrote:

You say that indie games are better than Skyrim, because more perfected. Has it ever crossed your mind that its harder to fix and find bugs in open world with mega scenarios and randomization, don't start about damaging anyone which isn't there in many RPGs than any indie game like Bastion.

That last sentence makes 0 sense.

Oh, and my "many" isn't really correct. What I meant is that a few of the core mechanics in the game are bad. That makes for a lot of frustration.

Let's compare how I experience the 2 games:

I play Bastion until I complete everything, spending ~15-20 hours on it while having a lot of fun 95% of the time. The story is something I will probably remember for the rest of my life.

I play Skyrim, messing around and having fun most of the time for ~10-20hours, then giving up due to frustration over bad game mechanics.
The story is good, but nothing special. The combat is good, but nothing special. The overall experience is positive, but nothing special and not very memorable.
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 8:58am | Report
Searz wrote:

That last sentence makes 0 sense.

Oh, and my "many" isn't really correct. What I meant is that a few of the core mechanics in the game are bad. That makes for a lot of frustration.

Let's compare how I experience the 2 games:

I play Bastion until I complete everything, spending ~15-20 hours on it while having a lot of fun 95% of the time. The story is something I will probably remember for the rest of my life.

I play Skyrim, messing around and having fun most of the time for ~10-20hours, then giving up due to frustration over bad game mechanics.
The story is good, but nothing special. The combat is good, but nothing special. The overall experience is positive, but nothing special and not very memorable.

IMO, Skyrim's not fun until you play on Master. WHen you play on Master diffiulty, the game all makes sense. Battles are hard, sneaking is hard. Everything is a lot harder (AKA more fun, for me at least). Start a new character and play him on master without lowering the diffiulty. That's when this game becomes fun.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Blowfeld
<Editor>
Blowfeld's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 9:02am | Report
Mass Effect 2 is a great game, one of the best.

But it came out early 2010 ;)

Would be on my list of my most liked games 2010 though...
Fox Rage wrote:
Blowfeld. Best Party Wrecker Worldwide.
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 9:02am | Report
inb4 Searzfanhaterage that he played on master and it still sucked

€: Because if there is a big "fanboy"-base, there's also a big "anti-fanboy"-base that's as clueless as the fanboy's(and if they have a clue, the fanboys see the game with rose-tinted glasses while the anti-fanboys do the opposite and both is bad...)
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 9:14am | Report
Searz wrote:

It's more like:
Did you play many games?
I thought you were a gamer. But maybe you only played like 3 singleplayer games this year.

I don't play that much singleplayer, pretty much only multiplayer.
And I actually enjoyed Skyrim quite a lot. :P

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Blowfeld
<Editor>
Blowfeld's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 9:22am | Report
Just read through this thread completely and it's amazing that some people who claim to be open minded are actually quite narrow minded.

Won't spoil names...
Fox Rage wrote:
Blowfeld. Best Party Wrecker Worldwide.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 9:41am | Report
Wintermond wrote:

I don't play that much singleplayer, pretty much only multiplayer.
And I actually enjoyed Skyrim quite a lot. :P

Ya, I figured.

Skyrim is pretty enjoyable, but if you've got nothing to compare it to you're not saying much when telling others that you enjoyed the only singleplayer game you played this year(or so).
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 9:43am | Report
Yukimaru wrote:

inb4 Searzfanhaterage that he played on master and it still sucked

Lol, someone doesn't understand my comments :P
It's not about difficulty. Changing it does not change core game mechanics.
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
iBradlee
<Member>
iBradlee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 9:55am | Report
Searz wrote:

Still, it's not a bad game by any means. It's good, just not close to great.

In your opinion.

Opinion, being the key word here.

If someone thinks a game is great, and they get multiple hours of enjoyment from playing said "great" game, who are you to tell them otherwise? The thread's called "Favorite Game of 2011", after all. It's absolutely, 100%, based on one's opinion.

As for me,
I don't play games all that much. I think the only games I really invested any time in, during 2011 were:

League, obviously, even though it wasn't released in 2011.
Skyrim. Played a bit, though nowhere near as much as much as most people. Still enjoyed it.
and... uhhh...
Borderlands, Game of the Year Edition (I THINK was released in 2011?). I put in a good amount of time playing this with a friend, MUCH earlier in the year. Found it to be lots of fun. I thought it was quite dull, trying to play it by myself, but with a friend I thoroughly enjoyed it. Probably the most I've played any console game in a loooong time.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 10:08am | Report
Yukimaru wrote:

I played Bastion myself, it achieves the thing's it want's to achieve, the game is not bad, that is not what i wanted to say. But there are many other game's out there who have way more to offer then Bastion, even if its not 100% "polished" like Bastion mostly is(maybe not because i was only playin it for 6-8 Hour's so i wasnt seeing everything), but that games still offer more then Bastion, also for what Bastion is mostly praised are the Storytelling/feeling y'know what i mean? You could apply this logic as i alrdy said on Tetris, Tetris is "100% polished", it achieved what i wanted to achieve, but that doesnt make it the best game in Year 1XXX or something.

Also your example is bad, because drawing a picture, if we talk about real art, only goes down into drawing skills. Big Firms have a bigger budget, so they can spend more "Working Time" into a Game to bring something greater, but, sadly i need to agree, that this "greater" nowadays is mostly bout Graphics to satisify the new Generation of Gamerppl who just look at noone cares graphics.

Sure, my example is kinda bad, but your comparison to Tetris is terrible :P
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide