Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Favorite video game top 10's

Creator: Ninja Trigger October 18, 2014 11:50pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2014 4:56pm | Report
I've played a bit of everything, but mostly PC.

1. The World Ends With You (NDS)
2. Final Fantasy X (PS2)
3. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (3DS)
4. Skyrim (PC)
5. Left 4 Dead 2 (PC/Xbox 360)
6. Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
7. Pokemon
8. Dynasty Warriors (probably liked 4 the most, cos you can customize your own character - PS2)
9. Cytus (mobile device)
10. Oblivion (PC)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2014 5:02pm | Report
Searz wrote:
So you want me to **** off? Noted, I will not bother you any more as long as you stay out of the conversation.
I'm allowed to like different things than you and not be told I'm stupid because you personally dislike them. The topic of this thread is innately subjective, if you want an objective discussion start one yourself.

And thank you for taking what I said out of context.

But hey, let's start a discussion about table-top games and we'll see if you like any systems I can pick apart for the fun of it. :P
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2014 5:08pm | Report
10: Pokemon Black & White, NDS
9: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, PS3/Xbox 360/Wii U/PC [note: I'm sorry]
8: The Binding of Isaac, PC
7: Dark Souls 2, PS3/Xbox 360/PC
6: Rogue Galaxy, PS2
5: Demon's Souls, PS3
4: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, NDS
3: Shin Megami Tensei IV, 3DS
2: Bioshock Infinite, PS3/Xbox 360/PC/Mac
1: Dark Souls, PS3/Xbox 360/PC
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2014 5:31pm | Report
am I like the only person here who hasn't played 5000 games

LOL here's a few I really liked:

League of Legends
Osu!
Ib
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
Perfect world: Descent (Also the later expansions but mostly on private servers cause original servers are greedy as ****)

yeahh... I've played soooooo many games 8)
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2014 5:59pm | Report
Quoted:
Eh, I dunno about that. I have 200+ hours played without mods.

I should probably more accurately say that its combat mechanics overstay their welcome by 70+ hours. Skyrim has a lot to offer other than its combat mechanics, I'm aware, but the game doesn't really give you the option of not interacting with its combat mechanics, so them sucking is kinda' a big deal.

Lugignaf wrote:
Oh and Dark Souls 2. Damned if I can't beat it yet, but it's great.

Man, I really wish I could like Dark Souls 2. While it's definitely an improvement over the mechanics of Dark Souls, it really misses the essence of what made Dark Souls great. The boss design is exceedingly tired (see: Vendrick, Ancient Dragon) and it just doesn't feel as... Tightly put together as the first half-ish of Dark Souls (all the stuff you can do before getting the Lordvessel). And while the combat mechanics are improved, in a strict sense, the combat difficulty doesn't feel quite as finely tuned, resulting in enemies that take quite a few hits but aren't actually dangerous in any way. Most damningly, however, it just lacks the oppressive atmosphere that Dark Souls the first creates; it doesn't feel like every single object is in the exact place it is for specific lore-related reasons (no matter how opaque some of them are).

Don't get me wrong, I think Dark Souls 2 is the place to go for Souls PvP. It's got the most matured version of Souls game combat and suffers from comparatively fewer major balance issues. But in spite of being a mechanical improvement over Dark Souls, it fails to provide a holistic experience on the same level as its immediate predecessor.

But hey, let's start a discussion about table-top games and we'll see if you like any systems I can pick apart for the fun of it. :P

Oh man, can we? I only really have intimate knowledge of a handful of systems, but I'd definitely love to pick some apart.

Also, in spite of Searz being an ***, you really should play Dark Souls. It's tough, aggravating, and sometimes slightly unfair, but it's a really, really good mechanical RPG. It can take a lot of work (and time) to get into, but I firmly believe that it's worth it. There have been very few games (i.e. one) that have made me feel, deep in my gut, like I didn't want to advance because I didn't think that exploring was safe. Which is a feeling that I wish I could get back.

XeresAce wrote:
am I like the only person here who hasn't played 5000 games

Yes. We have all played ALL OF THE GAMES. Don't worry, though. Everyone starts somewhere. If you want to post what platforms you have and what games you've enjoyed (assuming the above isn't a full list), we can maybe even give you suggestions.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2014 6:01pm | Report

Not really. Mirror's Edge was a failed gimmick.
I think it was pretty good. In most of those kind of games you feel like "OMFG I WANTED THIS I TYPED THIS AND THEN YOU DO THAT WHAT THE HELL MAN GG NUB GET REKT SCRUB FITE ME IRL @ BARON PIT NO SKILL CHAMPION". And then you play Mirror's Edge and it doesn't happen that often at all. It really gives me that feeling you get a little if you outrun people by far for example. The story isn't terrible and the animated cutscenes are really nice, somewhat like Torchlight 2's intro but multiple times. The background is decent, the city has some "this is where runners operate" feeling and the added details like advertisers in the lifts are something a lot of games lack.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2014 6:29pm | Report
Quoted:

Yes. We have all played ALL OF THE GAMES. Don't worry, though. Everyone starts somewhere. If you want to post what platforms you have and what games you've enjoyed (assuming the above isn't a full list), we can maybe even give you suggestions.

uhhh

I played some of the megaman games (mostly the NDS ones)
Pokemon red, crystal, fire red, leaf green, ruby, sapphire, emerald, diamond, platinum, pearl, heartgold, soulsilver, black, black 2
I also played super mario

yeah that's about it LOL kind of contemplating whether to play the fate/stay night series
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2014 7:12pm | Report
I am very happy to see a lot of MegaMan Fans here I use to play MegaMan Battle Network 1 and 2 for days. I have never played the StarForce games though I watched the StarForce Anime that one time they aired it on Cartoon-network they left on a cliffhanger but the series never took off on Cartoon-network
Sig by HogoPogo
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2014 7:18pm | Report
I am very happy to see a lot of MegaMan Fans here I use to play MegaMan Battle Network 1 and 2 for days. I have never played the StarForce games though I watched the StarForce Anime that one time they aired it on Cartoon-network they left on a cliffhanger but the series never took off on Cartoon-network

I only really liked Megaman X. I didn't like the originals or any other series of megaman. Megaman Legends (Or 64) was ok, but it was still not the same for me. :/
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2014 7:39pm | Report

I only really liked Megaman X. I didn't like the originals or any other series of megaman. Megaman Legends (Or 64) was ok, but it was still not the same for me. :/

I prefer the Megaman X series over the original any day of the week, but I still enjoy the original series.

And even though I am a huge MegaMan Legends buff I will never touch the awful 64 version such a bad port.
Sig by Emikadon
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide