Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Final Fantasy XIV

Creator: ZioSerpe January 29, 2012 5:13pm
77 posts - page 6 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 10:18am | Report
Guys, **** Final Fantasy. Valkyrie Profile 2 is better than all FFs
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 10:58am | Report
And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him all at once.
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 11:44pm | Report
Quoted:
Also also, a lot of the reason why many hatred FFIX was because the style jumped back into the traditional FF style of cartoony like characters and set the time frame back to a more fairy tale like time. This was the era when weebos jumped on the FF bandwagon when ff7 came out, hence all the negative feedback for FFIX's style. :V

I played FF1, 2, 4, 6, and chrono trigger looong before I played 7, and 8, so no that is not why I dislike FF9

I dislike FF9, because all the characters are incredibly boring, and literally don't have backstories, I hate the ridiculously slow battles, I hate the fact that no one does any damage, and that almost all of the trances are useless. I hated having two of the same character, and I hated that ridiculous way you had to learn your moves. "Oh, I wanna learn this ability, and all I have to do is equip this AWEFUL weapon for 2 HOURS, and then to top it all off, in order to use it, I have to get rid of some other ability I'm using. I also hated how disgustingly easy it was, I don't even remember dieing once that whole game, and I'm the kind of person who never grinds ever, and sometimes intentionally skips out on experience, in order to make the game funner, and more of a challange. And as far as I can remember, the soundtrack was basically just bad versions of older FF games ones wasn't it? I know at least the main battle theme was a terrible version of the FF4 one...

On top of all that, there wasn't really anything to do in the game, except the main quest. Sure you could go play with chocobo's for 16 straight hours, and get 1 good item out of it, or you could play the wierd ****py version of FF8's card game, but other than that, there really wasn't a whole lot to do.

Hell, regardless of how linear it is, I could find more to do on pulse in FF13 than there was to do in FF9.

@Zio, Really? I was unaware you could get FF5 for GBA, I'll have to find it somewhere. But finding FF3 is gonna be a while, I've already spent hours looking, maybe I'm just looking in all the wrong places o.o
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2012 1:06am | Report

@Zio, Really? I was unaware you could get FF5 for GBA, I'll have to find it somewhere. But finding FF3 is gonna be a while, I've already spent hours looking, maybe I'm just looking in all the wrong places o.o

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-III-Nintendo-DS/dp/B000GABOTU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328173528&sr=8-1

I also find it funny how everyone who hates 8 loves 9. Vice versa too. SO WEIIIRRDDDDD
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2012 7:51am | Report

I dislike FF9, because all the characters are incredibly boring, and literally don't have backstories

The characters in 9 were a billion times better than any of the characters in 8. Like, I honestly can't think of a single character in 8 that wasn't a completely ******ed/annoying ***hat. And the only one I can think of in 10 is Auron, who is badass. The plot makes considerably more sense, too.

I also hated how disgustingly easy it was, I don't even remember dieing once that whole game, and I'm the kind of person who never grinds ever, and sometimes intentionally skips out on experience, in order to make the game funner, and more of a challange.

It's way harder than 8 at any rate. As I said before it's literally possible to 2 or 3 shot bosses in FF8 if you actually use the magic refining system, or by abusing the Aura spell. Besides, FF games have never really been particularly hard. FF6 and FF7 aren't really very hard either.

Hell, regardless of how linear it is, I could find more to do on pulse in FF13 than there was to do in FF9.

This is an outright lie. There's nothing to do on Pulse except run around killing recoloured versions of normal monsters for no real reward.
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2012 10:19am | Report
First of all Toshabi, I knew about that, but I'm looking for a translated version of the original one, I don't wanna play some silly remake >.< (also I have no ds, and am cheap :3)

Tbh, I said I enjoyed 8, but imo it is nowhere near FF4 or FF7, and actually now thinking about it, I liked 6, and probably even tactics more as well O.o

I do still like the game however, but I guess I made a mistake in saying it was my third favorite, I was sleepy. I do agree that the characters could've been a lot better, but they have a reason to be together at least. Other than Rinoa and Irvine, they're all from the same place, and are sent together on a mission, they don't need reason to join up with each other etc, because of that.

9's characters do have a need for it, yet they don't really seem to have reasons...

Zidane: A thief, who is planning on kidnapping Garnet for a ransom. He then discovers she's hawt, and decides he'd follow her to the end of the world and die for her.

Garnet: A princess who decides to join up with zidane for absolutely no reason at all, she then discovers her mother is a terrible person, and decides to stay with him.

Steiner: A knight who is supposed to protect garnet, so he blindly follows her without any real objection.

Vivi: Again, simply follows you for no reason at all.

Eiko (I think?): Woah, garnet had a sister all along, and she decides to come with you. She actually makes sense, Unfortunately, she is literally Garnet with a different model.

(Can't remember the names past here)

That rat dragoon chick: I can't really remember, I'm assuming she just came with you for no reason like everyone else, was she friends with someone in your party maybe?

That white thing: Follows you because you have good food, and he wants it. Even if he had a backstory, he still shouldn't be a character, what the hell is he even!?

That other thief guy with dreadlocks: Oh great, now I have two white mage summoners (shouldn't even exist btw, Vivi should summon, or Garnet should have black magic) AND two thiefs! How awesome! What was this guy's gimmick, couldn't he throw stuff, and heal himself or something? Either way, didn't he just come with you because you were strong enough to beat him or something?

I can't remember, some of these characters, because from the way I seen it, you pretty much had to use Zidane, Gsrnet, Vivi, and Steiner, otherwise your team would lack damage, a healer, or it would lack vivi, and who wants to play FFIX without vivi?

I agree that the characters in X were pretty bad as well, I hated Tidus sooo much, but although I didn't really like them, I didn't mind Yuna, and Rikku really(maybe cause yuna never did anything, and I liked rikku cause no one else liked her, and cause she was so OP :P), everyone loves auron ofc, but yeah, everyone else was pretty bad. Even characters outside your party were bad O.o

No FF game has as bad characters as XII though, that game disgusted me, I couldn't even play it :/

I don't expect FF games to be hard, but I don't expect them to be easier than super mario world O.o A lot of Final Fantasy's are the same in the fact that they can give you a good challange IF you decide not to do anything special/abuse an easily abused mechanic. In FF7 for example If you ONLY did the main quest, and skipped out on all the last weapons, and limits, never grinded, messed up getting ultima, and refused to abuse the HP + materia (I've done all this to see if it'd be a challenge) From what I can remember, you get to sephiroth around level 40 or so, and your highest level spells are (I think) comet, and neo bahamut. That considered, its a decently hard fight, you have to constantly pop barriers, hastes, regens, etc, and heal constantly so he doesn't 1 shot you.

The same can be said about 4, or even 10, try beating Zeromus, or Jecht without any of the last weapons, or summons, it's damned hard. 8 is the same way, if you don't abuse how sadly easy to abuse it is. I think it's a good game, but I agree with you that it is very, very, broken.

9 however, is just easy by nature, I didn't have to abuse a single thing, and it was still easy. Then again, since there really isn't anything to do, I guess you could say it's harder as well, because there isn't anything special to help you out really (Zidane's final trance doing the same thing as a basic attack ftw!).

I dunno, it really doesn't matter, you guys will like your games, and me and zio will like ours. This whole thing is incredibly pointless, and I'm done with it :3

Oooh and I lold at the last sentance, haha, it is kinda true xD
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2012 10:34am | Report
Well I kinda see your point, but the 9 characters are much better developed throughout the game and frankly just more likeable than anyone from 8 or 10. I'll grant you that Quina/Jar-Jar is completely random and doesn't really relate to the story at all, and Amarant is pretty pointless and doesn't get any development. Difficulty isn't really why I play FF games.

My problem with Yuna (and everyone in 10 really...) is that she is a complete irritating moron.

Other than Rinoa and Irvine, they're all from the same place

Don't even get me started on how ******ed that plot twist was. xD
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2012 11:10am | Report
stop this wall of textes pls
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2012 11:19am | Report
No one is forcing you to read it lol.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2012 1:57pm | Report

That rat dragoon chick: I can't really remember, I'm assuming she just came with you for no reason like everyone else, was she friends with someone in your party maybe?

Excuse me? What the **** did you just say? I don't care if you have a beef with FF9, but you do NOT ****ing forget FREYA's ****ing name or her ****ing race (Burmecian). She is the most ****ing sexiest thing to ever come out of a ****ing final fantasy game (Other then FF7's Cid and Edge from FF4). Show some goddam respect when you speak about the almighty Freya and don't you EVER ****ing forget her name again you low life, lying, two-bit, half-wit, nit-wit, dim-wit, scum bagging, dirt napping, crab hustling, hopeless, ****less, brainless, four-flushing, sack of monkey ****.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide