Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Final Fantasy XIV

Creator: ZioSerpe January 29, 2012 5:13pm
77 posts - page 4 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 3:54pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

Well, your name is kind of VAAN so yeah.... I never would've guessed you liked ff 12 :V

also, I'M CAPTAIN BAASCH FON ROSENBURG OF DALMASCA!

That guy from the video, he got mental problems, doesnt he?
The Cloud video, on the other hand, is pretty interesting
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 1:36pm | Report
Sorry for the late reply but I was damn into FFXIV these days.

I'll try answer some questions

Yeah when FFXIV came out it was absolute utter ****, because they released it in alpha state. After a while they fired everyone responsable for that ****, and fixed the game. Rite now they're upgrading and fixing small things that are barely noiceable.
As an apology for the bad start they made the game free 2 play until the release of version 2.0 (no monthly fee till that happens)

For those who liked FFV class system, 1st it was way better in FFIII, 2nd FFXIV has it, rite now it's based on weapons but by the end of feb it will be updated to add the initial advanced jobs (will be pladin, warrior, monk, dragoon, ranger, black mage and white mage), as the game is now depending on what weapon you're equipping you're a certain using a certain class and you can switch whenever you want.

The game is grind based with barely no good quest leveling, exept for the main ones that happen when you get to a certain level and are basically the final fantasy XIV storyline (game actually has a plot with cutscenes and stuff like a normal final fantasy)

Also, whoever said FF9 was good, I hope you were drunk
I've played all FF up to XI, and tried 12 and 13.
I'm the proud owner of a pair of records:
I ended ffVII 47 times and FFVIII 32 times
I also ended all FF up to X
I gotta say my personal fav is probably VII, with IV and VIII as runnerups. I don't get the excitement about FFVI personally tho I consider it to be a good game
I belive every final fantasy up o X is good and what's best is really personal preference.
Also, FF12 and FF13 are just not final fantasy, they made random games and tried to use the brand, they suck balls and if they keep this pace are gonna kill the franchise.

I ended FFIX only once but i really disliked it, chars are really unoriginal (zidane is a complee ripoff of Locke for example) and the battle system was kinda slow. But it's still a decent game.

Anyway if you like MMORPGS and liked the FF classes I can say it's worth the 5$ on amazon to try FFXIV out (price of the game)

Also 1 last note
I heard chrono trigger, yeah **** was amazing. But the best game Square ever did is Xenogears for PS1, if you haven't played it, YOU HAVE TO!

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 2:05pm | Report
I agree with zio, 4, 7, and 8 were the best imo, of the ones I played (most of them)

I also agree that 9 was no good, it was incredibly boring, and I could hardly believe it, after all the things I had heard.

I will say though, that as much as I dislike the battle system, and boring linear path of XIII, I still enjoyed the game for the story. It was more like a movie than a game anyway >.<

All that being said, I've yet to play 3, or 5, simply because I do not know how to. They have remakes on the NDS or something don't they? I don't wanna buy one just for them though.

I've also spent loooong periods of time looking for a translated rom of FF3, but everything I ever found was sadly just the american release of ff6 :(

So, while we're on the topic of FF, I'd like to ask if anyone can direct me to a source where I can play english versions of both FF3, and 5. If so thank you, and heres cookies (::) (::) (::)
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 2:27pm | Report
Oh jesus where to start.

ZioSerpe wrote:

Also, whoever said FF9 was good, I hope you were drunk

I also agree that 9 was no good, it was incredibly boring, and I could hardly believe it, after all the things I had heard.

*Shakes head sadly*

Clearly, some people are incapable of appreciating true brilliance.

ZioSerpe wrote:

Also, FF12 and FF13 are just not final fantasy, they made random games and tried to use the brand, they suck balls and if they keep this pace are gonna kill the franchise.

Agree. They wouldn't be thaaat bad if they were other games, but for FF games they are horrible.

I will say though, that as much as I dislike the battle system, and boring linear path of XIII, I still enjoyed the game for the story. It was more like a movie than a game anyway >.<

Yep, but if they wanted to make a movie they should have made a movie instead of making me push the left stick forward and repeatedly hit X for 20+ hours. I actually just watched the opening of XIII-2 and it looked pretty cool, but the battle system is exactly the ****in' same and the storyline seems worse if anything.

Quoted:

VIII as runnerups

8 were the best imo

VIII was...not that good. It wasn't all that bad but the terrible magic/combat system and completely nonsensical plot kinda ruined it. When there's a fan theory that the main character died at the end of Disc 1 and the entire rest of the game is his wild imaginings as he's dying and it actually sounds like it might be legit, you know something is wrong.

It reads like all the writers sat in a room for two days getting high for the entire time they were writing it.
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 2:54pm | Report

I agree with zio, 4, 7, and 8 were the best imo, of the ones I played (most of them)

All that being said, I've yet to play 3, or 5, simply because I do not know how to. They have remakes on the NDS or something don't they? I don't wanna buy one just for them though.

I've also spent loooong periods of time looking for a translated rom of FF3, but everything I ever found was sadly just the american release of ff6 :(

So, while we're on the topic of FF, I'd like to ask if anyone can direct me to a source where I can play english versions of both FF3, and 5. If so thank you, and heres cookies (::) (::) (::)

You can play FFV on a GBA emulator, there's a remake of FFIV on NDS that has FF7-like graphics, and is kinda cool, as for 3, you need a NES rom and emu, I remember searching a lot for it before finding it.

@Luther
See, the prob with FFIX could be the same that FVIII has. it takes time to be appreciated.
When I 1st ended FVIII I was kinda disappoined, then I ended up playing it again because it was the only decent game I owned for a certain period of time, and I ended up loving it.
I tried to play FFIX again (even recently) but I don't own the original game anymore and any roms I found crashed rite after the introductive battle. I think it also sucked because I had the italian version and the translation has some truly sad moments (the members of the crew use italian dialects, SOOOO BAD, SOOO SOOO BAD).
Also, bigger problem of FFVIII was magic to be actually usless in combat, and summons were kinda usless aswell. That and the fact you actually need 1000 exp to lvl up, ALWAYS. In 1 of mt many games with it I actually took squall to lvl 100 before getting Ifrit.

I'd also like to mention FFX as being very underrated game. The story ain't half bad. The combat system is effective and you the sphereography is a nice system.

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 3:01pm | Report
IX was obviously the best.

Vivi was in IX.
Tri lane for life.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 3:05pm | Report
Funny thing in VIII is that levelling up is actually bad for you. Enemies level up with you and you can equip any spell regardless of level, so the best way to play the game is gain as little experience as possible and equip the best spells you can find to your attributes.

I watched an LP of the game where the guy very easily was able to 2-3 shot every boss in the game with normal attacks without using exploits or grinding because he avoided levelling up and played the card game to get powerful spells.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 3:55pm | Report
This thread makes me wanna watch spoony again...
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 3:57pm | Report
Funny thing, I actually watched part 1 + 2 of his reveiw again last night. :P
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 5:48pm | Report
ZioSerpe wrote:

I ended FFIX only once but i really disliked it, chars are really unoriginal (zidane is a complee ripoff of Locke for example) and the battle system was kinda slow.

Also, how can anyone say that FFVII was their favorites when it...

1)Lacked a story
2)Has cliche galore
3)has every character model based off of popeye
4)DOESN'T EVEN MAKE ****ING SENSE!

Only good thing that FFVII had going for it was its music and a decent battle system. If you say you love final fantasy Vii for the stories and the characters then you're obviously full ****** or have very low standards for stories.

Also, I can't believe you put yourself through FFViii that many times. That is torture. I don't know whether to congratulate you for still being alive or condemn you.

Also also, a lot of the reason why many hatred FFIX was because the style jumped back into the traditional FF style of cartoony like characters and set the time frame back to a more fairy tale like time. This was the era when weebos jumped on the FF bandwagon when ff7 came out, hence all the negative feedback for FFIX's style. :V
jhoijhoi wrote:

Also, I think the levels of immorality in this thread are astounding. You'd really throw a child off a boat for your own luggage? Wow.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide