Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

gears of war 3 difficulty

Creator: caucheka September 16, 2011 2:59pm
22 posts - page 1 of 3
1 2 3
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2011 2:59pm | Report
holy damn what is this. certainly not something i expect from a blockbuster aaa title.

http://www.gamesradar.com/video-play-gears-war-3-hardcore-normal-it-virtually-plays-itself/
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 8:27am | Report
Holy ****, popular game franchises are becoming easier and easier? Didn't see this coming.

Then again, I played the first mission on the original Gears of War, died about ten times, ragequit and haven't played it since. Probably cuz I kept trying to run up and melee things.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 9:46am | Report
Wow, the game ACTUALLY plays itself.
"Doing something, almost being done, then parents come in and don't let you finish.
Yes, I had a rough childhood." - devdevil
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 11:00am | Report
I have it pre-ordered as a birthday present from my mom. I'm still excited to play it, and whoo 1 little video and everyone's reading like they're butt hurt about it...Games need to be challanging not impossible...Although making your AI team mates PLAY like they're actually specially trained killing machines going up against a frenzied bunch of aliens who prefer to Banzai charge rather than use the cover (specifically created as a game mechanic) gets an A+ for realism. XD

Gears 1 and 2 were controller throwing, Xbox punching, kitten raping, balls of fun and rage all in one....
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 1:20pm | Report
right. allied ai could always be better but when they make it this much better they need to bump up enemy ai to compensate.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 1:29pm | Report
Of course, but I think with this installment their primary focus was on creating a satisfying multiplayer experience. Improving upon fan favorites like horde mode adding more QoL things as well as upgrading the arsenal.

The single player is meant to be a rewarding play through, I played Gears 1 and 2 (their campaigns) once or twice to help flesh out my list of achievements. So I expect playing Hardcore to unlock UNREAL/INSANE mode (or whatever their secret difficulties have been called in the past) will, albeit be easier this time, but none the less I want to get through the game without spending hours attempting to complete Chapter 5 Act 4 because of a wonky mechanic...(Reminds me of the media center in MW1 I spent forever on the hardest difficulty because of the OPFOR's magical player seeking grenades.)

But yes, enemy AI needs to be competant or greater than your friendly AI, of that I agree with completely.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2011 3:17am | Report
Microsoft turning a once hard franchise into a multiplayer "buy-these-addons and play it just for the multiplayer" game? Nope. Didn't see that coming. They most certainly didn't do that to halo!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2011 9:55am | Report
Calm down. Everyone always *****es when a company makes a descision based on monetary gain. Like that's something new, it's called buisness strategy. We all love single player campaigns for games, but how many times are you going to replay through a 50 minute mission, on the hardest setting when you've already done it 2-3 times before? (Flash Point Red River or whatever the new one is, is a perfect example of this...Fun campaign but not the greatest franchise to date SUPER long missions upwards of 45 minutes each)

So in the interest of providing a high quality game that players will get the most out of, campaigns have been made less of a rage quitting slug fest (most are still challanging but, we've played games like this before, we've certainly gotten better..I'd hope). Why? Because we beat the single player once or twice maybe a few more than that, and THEN we play the multiplayer. Multiplayer is the hook, campaigns are filler. Would you prefer grueling campaigns and lack luster multiplayer? I'd prefer a mix of both tbh.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2011 11:00am | Report
i'd prefer a good, long single player game over a game that focuses on multiplayer with a quickly stapled together single player.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2011 11:19am | Report
Why settle for one or the other? Plenty of games offer both. I'm sure GW3 will still be rewarding in single and multiplayer. I know I'll enjoy it, and then I'll enjoy the multiplayer. Simple as that.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide