Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Halo Reach

Creator: PFP November 3, 2010 7:28pm
20 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
PFP
<Member>
PFP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 3, 2010 7:28pm | Report
Makes me cry. I can't even stand Xbox 360 anymore.. I have no patience for single-player ********, and all the new multiplayer games take no skill and add more and more auto-aim over time.

I used to play MLG for Halo 3 and I'm a level 50 in all playlists besides Team SWAT (Team Host). That game took skill, and was the last of it's kind for Xbox 360. Posting my Xbox up for sale this weekend and will probably save up for a gaming PC soon (I play LoL on a piece of **** comp with lowest settings at my house). I generally just go to a friend's house to play premade with him on his expensive Alienware o.O

Anyone here play Xbox Live and have any thoughts on the whole experience now? It's still very fun I just feel the skill and knowledge gaps in games are decreasing rapidly.
Shrillex
<Veteran>
Shrillex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 3, 2010 8:12pm | Report
PS3!!!
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 3, 2010 8:31pm | Report
From seeing the games coming out these days (CoD, etc.) and even trying it out for myself, I'd have to agree that so many of the games being played require little to no idea of how to actually play. PC FPS gaming is easier to control but harder to play.

Dirty Goolash
<Veteran>
Dirty Goolash's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 3, 2010 8:34pm | Report
I agree. I hate to be "that guy" but I feel like Bungie sold out. I mean, they removed features. Why would anyone remove features in a sequel? The only reason I play it anymore is for the Custom Games, which have endless fun. I have countless many memories from Custom Games with my friends. I must admit I'm dissapointed with Reach. the credit system was a horrible idea. It just led to tons of people playing campaign all day to achieve a rank that doesn't matter, and making me feel inadequate because I'm not as high as them.

TL;DR
I only play for Custom Games now. Bungie sold out just like Call of Duty and all those types of games.

I'm looking forward to Black Ops just cause I loved World at War, not to mention zombies. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is coming out the 16th as well.

Honestly, console gaming is a bit of a joke nowadays. So many stupid features are implemented, and games don't even care about Single Player anymore. That's why I love the few rare hidden gems like Borderlands.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2010 4:52am | Report
Can't really comment on halo reach (PS3 VTW!)

but my experience with VPS's is pretty bad. i played Cod mw2 vor about a month. Talk about a wasted month...

think i will stick to good games vrom now on! (god ov war 3 on titan mode!)
PFP
<Member>
PFP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2010 7:00am | Report
I've heard Fallout New Vegas is good, so I might give single-player games another go with that. Or maybe Fable 3. But after I finish one of those I'm definitely selling the Xbox.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2010 7:10am | Report
Lol I'm always venting about PC vs auto-aim handicap console :) So many companies are abandoning their PC roots, to the point where series that were born on PC are now console-exclusive, or PC users get a ****py port if they're "lucky".

There was an article a while ago, I just can't find it, about past attempts at cross-platform games and how it failed because the console players couldn't compete against the PC players without serious handicaps. There's a reason why the majority of multi-player console FPS do not allow you to play with a mouse and keyboard :P

P.S. John Romero is making Facebook games now.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2010 8:40am | Report
i play both pc and consoles.

and i don't really play vps games. when i do its either single player or co op with a vriend who is in the same room as me.

also i'd rather be the general than the god-marine who somehow can't die but can kill like 5million enemies.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2010 9:27am | Report
Well I have nothing against consoles, I grew up on consoles and I'll probably own another at some point. Just have a few pet peeves about it ;)
Dirty Goolash
<Veteran>
Dirty Goolash's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2010 2:47pm | Report
PFP wrote:

I've heard Fallout New Vegas is good, so I might give single-player games another go with that. Or maybe Fable 3. But after I finish one of those I'm definitely selling the Xbox.

Fallout New Vegas is basically Fallout 3.
And as for single player, I can't really play it. I get bored way too fast. I have to at least be talking to a friend. That's why i love Borderlands. It has co op which is an awesome feature for an RPG.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide