Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Halo Reach

Creator: PFP November 3, 2010 7:28pm
20 posts - page 2 of 2
1 2
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2010 4:52pm | Report
Yeah i played borderlands a while on pc. But it gets repeditive. really fast. ok cool to collect guns. but it is like 5 enimes in total. 1.bandits 2-5 diffrent types of monsters
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2010 9:33pm | Report
I would have liked Borderlands a whole lot more if I knew anyone that played it. Going online with random people sucked, and it felt like none of the classes are great at soloing. Maybe if they structured the online so it was a little more streamlined... Like you are in-game solo and you can switch to multi-player without quitting, and it will automatically group you up with people that have at least one of the same quests as you. To kinda force people to work together, or something... Otherwise it just devolves into everyone doing their own thing, and the loot smash and grab... Or maybe I just didn't give it enough tries.

Agree with Potatis too, the game is kinda boring in general. I got into the second major zone of the game and was too bored to go further. The gun idea was neat but in the end, it just isn't as good because none of the guns are specifically tuned and play-tested to be fun. L4D for example, every gun in that game is really fun, balanced and effective... Borderlands you just never know what you'll get, then when you finally do get a good gun you have a hard time replacing it even once it starts to get weak. You'd think the RPG and loot elements of Borderlands would increase its play time but I've spent 50x more hours in L4D :P
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2010 8:23am | Report
oh here comes matt the valve-fanboy....
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2010 7:00pm | Report
Who ain't a "valve-fanboy"? They did the greatest game off all time (portal) Greatest team based fps off all time (tf2) Greatest zombie co-op (L4D) and to not mention halv life the birth giver off so many games (Counter-strike)
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2010 9:04pm | Report
Well then replace L4D with your own favorite FPS that doesn't have randomly generated weapons ;)
LandoChronus
<Member>
LandoChronus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2010 10:01pm | Report

Who ain't a "valve-fanboy"? They did the greatest game off all time (portal) Greatest team based fps off all time (tf2) Greatest zombie co-op (L4D) and to not mention halv life the birth giver off so many games (Counter-strike)

Not that I didn't enjoy Portal, but what makes it the greatest game of all time ? Unless I just played the wrong version or something...
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2010 10:36pm | Report
im not a valve fanboy.

i havnt played anything by valve. there i said it.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 6, 2010 10:16am | Report
@caucheka Really? That's too bad :( And kind of surprising. Not even Counterstrike? You can get pretty much all their games for change from Steam, especially when they have sales on bundles. In fact they GAVE AWAY Portal for free a while ago. If you like FPS you should give their games a go :) FPS is pretty much all they do though.

Portal is definitely one of my all time favorite games... While the mechanics of the game are brilliant and extremely fun, it's the humor and atmosphere that make it so great. I get bored easily and rare finish games all the way through, but Portal I've played start to finish 4 times now :)

I'll spare you similar fanboy rants about the Half Life series and L4D :D Needless to say I've been dying for HL2:EP3 for years. VALVE SO CRUEL!
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 6, 2010 10:19am | Report
Matt wrote:

Needless to say I've been dying for HL2:EP3 for years. VALVE SO CRUEL!

This!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 6, 2010 11:04am | Report
Matt wrote:

If you like FPS you should give their games a go :) FPS is pretty much all they do though.

see theres your problem. i don't think you heard me in similar threads but

a) i don't really like fps
b) when i do play fps, which is rare, i don't on my computer.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide