Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Heroes of newerth on sale.

Creator: PotatisFarfar July 15, 2011 12:08pm
103 posts - page 4 of 11
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 3:29am | Report
I kinda like the graphics, but they are mushy and hard to distinguish at times :/

@Tats
There's no point. Posting things about HoN on a LoL site will always end up in a conversation where the 2 are compared..
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 3:41am | Report
LOOL HoN has so much animations I seriously dont know what the **** is going on.. did you see that new hero Reve whats his face, he summons so many blue ghost that fly all over the places its so hard to focus x.x..

Screw HoN, I mean sometimes I get lost and I cant find my own character in LoL.. I have NO CHANCE in HoN
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 3:55am | Report
Hmm.. Perhaps I should try out HoN, though I doubt it can stop my addiction to LoL, but you never know.
I think the graphics in HoN are just fine, I've seen a friend of mine play it.. That didn't look weird or muddy to me. :)

What are the main differences between HoN & LoL?
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 4:34am | Report
I played HoN on it's free week a bit ago.

I hated it.

For one, it's a LOT less skill based, and a lot of things tend to one shot you (see the Puppetmaster or whatever and his "One Shot Trick" or the Devourer or whatever their names were).

It's a lot more farm based too, I'm pretty sure you get XP from last hitting too.

It feels more "dark" and not as light hearted as LoL, which you can tell by the colours.

Matchmaking doesn't work very well at ALL - even worse than LoL's! My first game had me thrown into a game with experienced players (think of it as Ranked throws you in at 1200 Elo, but for normals.)

The game is extremely unforgiving for new players AND if you're not having a good game, hell, it took me a few games to realise I couldn't buy certain items at the shop - and I needed to find a shop elsewhere. Buying parts of items was a trick I still didn't master.

Imo it's a bad game. I see it as an improvement on DotA, whereas LoL tends to be a "DotA 2" or whatever. You can try it if you want - but don't expect much.
Brynollf
<Member>
Brynollf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 6:51am | Report
I dont like Hon therefore i play Lol, Like many others here i find the graphics waaaaay to dark and muddy and all that.
Thanks to Xiao for the awesome signature!
Please +Rep me if i helped you.
Soronto
<Member>
Soronto's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 7:41am | Report
Xenasis wrote:

The game is extremely unforgiving for new players AND if you're not having a good game, hell, it took me a few games to realise I couldn't buy certain items at the shop - and I needed to find a shop elsewhere. Buying parts of items was a trick I still didn't master.

So true.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 11:30am | Report
Xenasis,

see, you only played a few games, so you don't really have much of an idea of what you are talking about, tbh.

1. It is actually a good amount more skill based that LoL, EVERYTHING in the game hits harder, so you have to work around that with items and placement, etc.

There are also many more in-depth things that LoL would never do, for one knocking down trees, 2. controlling runes, 3. creep pulling, 4. denying towers, creeps, and allied heroes, 5. Stats upgrades and 25 levels, and 6. A LOT more micro, for instance you can buy an item to control creeps who most of them have their own abilities; ie some creeps can stun, some slow, some heal, etc.

2. You get XP from last hitting in LoL too...T_T

If you mean EXTRA XP, no. But you get LESS if you get denied.

3. Yes, it is not as light-hearted as LoL, and rightfully so since a game about killing other people isn't generally light-hearted.

4. Matchmaking and stat games is the equivalent of ranked in LoL...normals would be = to no stats, so join a non-stat server when you are new and you will see the difference, much easier just like with LoL xD

I made that mistake too when first starting out and got OWNED xD They should make that a bit more clear, but meh.

5. More unforgiving if you start out in no stats (see above).
As for the different item shops, there are 3 shops in the game:

Base one.

Outposts so you can get items without going B in lane, they sell less items than the main shop but everything there is in the main shop. You can also use couriers to bring you back stuff from the base shop when you are in lane.

The secret shop, located off top and bot lanes, one on each team's side of the map. There you use to be able to buy items that are expensive, and are ONLY located THERE. Many final items required you to buy one or more of these items to finish the item. This has been removed, now EVERYTHING is at the base shop, and the secret shop is now converted into a ward shop so you can buy wards on the go.

See, MUCH more micro.

They also revamped the shop, so it is more new player friendly, since the old one was easier to access items in if you knew where they were, but the item shop now has multiple categories with labels so it is easier to find what you are looking for.

With this newfound knowledge, I recommend you try the game again.

Also, this site I find really helpful for builds, since for many heroes I still don't know how to build them the best way (only played 100-200 games of HoN)...

http://www.nigmanoname.com/prodex.html

Nigma is the one who makes these guides, he is basically a pro player that works for S2 Games, kinda like Phreak but more pro, per se.
Bloofyre wrote:
May a squadron of beautiful vaginas find their way to your crotch by day's end.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 1:24pm | Report

Xenasis,

see, you only played a few games, so you don't really have much of an idea of what you are talking about, tbh.

1. It is actually a good amount more skill based that LoL, EVERYTHING in the game hits harder, so you have to work around that with items and placement, etc.

There are also many more in-depth things that LoL would never do, for one knocking down trees, 2. controlling runes, 3. creep pulling, 4. denying towers, creeps, and allied heroes, 5. Stats upgrades and 25 levels, and 6. A LOT more micro, for instance you can buy an item to control creeps who most of them have their own abilities; ie some creeps can stun, some slow, some heal, etc.

3. Yes, it is not as light-hearted as LoL, and rightfully so since a game about killing other people isn't generally light-hearted.

4. Matchmaking and stat games is the equivalent of ranked in LoL...normals would be = to no stats, so join a non-stat server when you are new and you will see the difference, much easier just like with LoL xD

I made that mistake too when first starting out and got OWNED xD They should make that a bit more clear, but meh.

Base one.

Outposts so you can get items without going B in lane, they sell less items than the main shop but everything there is in the main shop. You can also use couriers to bring you back stuff from the base shop when you are in lane.

The secret shop, located off top and bot lanes, one on each team's side of the map. There you use to be able to buy items that are expensive, and are ONLY located THERE. Many final items required you to buy one or more of these items to finish the item. This has been removed, now EVERYTHING is at the base shop, and the secret shop is now converted into a ward shop so you can buy wards on the go.

See, MUCH more micro.

They also revamped the shop, so it is more new player friendly, since the old one was easier to access items in if you knew where they were, but the item shop now has multiple categories with labels so it is easier to find what you are looking for.

Also, this site I find really helpful for builds, since for many heroes I still don't know how to build them the best way (only played 100-200 games of HoN)...

Nigma is the one who makes these guides, he is basically a pro player that works for S2 Games, kinda like Phreak but more pro, per se.

Yeah, I did only play about 5 games, it was terrible.

It did seem a LOT less skill based, there were countless champions that could one shot me - Devourer, for example, was a mix of Cho'Gath and Blitzcrank. I was dominating him for the first 5-10 minutes, but he landed his hook, used his ultimate and stunned/killed me. The ability to chop down trees doesn't make it more skill based, if you can kill people without them having time to react (Puppetmaster, for example) then it just ruins it. Hell, I played one champion, Moon Queen, I think it was. She was a ranged AD carry that could essentially one shot people with her ultimate...

If games about killing people shouldn't be light hearted, explain how TF2 is doing so damn well...

If they have no matchmaking system in place for non-ranked games, they should make that clear, and get one in there.

I can't comment on the secret shops, as when I was playing I had no idea where they were and they sold items for big items (I assume like Needlessly Large Rod equivalents) but I could never find one...

I was, however, playing AFTER the shop overhaul. It was terrible, and nothing was clear where anything was or what was good for your champion. I'm pretty sure they overhauled it for the week it was free.

I would try it again, but honestly, I'm not spending money on a game that was terrible the first few hours I was playing it.
Shrillex
<Veteran>
Shrillex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 3:25pm | Report

You srs have only one email...

T_T

Yes, I only have 1 email. I feel there is no reason to have more than 1. Anyways I bought it for 10$. I had to unclick the 20$ tokens to change it to 10$ for my trial account.
Shrillex
<Veteran>
Shrillex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 7:11pm | Report

Xenasis,

Base one.

See, MUCH more micro.

+rep.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide