Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Low cost PC

Creator: Searz May 25, 2012 9:41am
15 posts - page 2 of 2
1 2
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2012 1:19am | Report
Warlemming wrote:

So you basically are going to use it as a tiny HDD.

I still think it's silly lol, you're better off paying the little extra to get some actual space.

Nope. It would be silly not to do it.
He doesn't use his HDD for ANYTHING. The he probably won't even use 5GB.
USB sticks are half the price of normal HDDs and they're(the one I'm looking at) a LOT faster.

@knuckles
The parts you mentioned are not available anymore. They're way too old. You must've got it so cheap because the parts were old. Those parts are roughly 8 years old now.

And yes, it's possible get windows running on a USB. I think there's this one-click-utility that pretty much does it for you. You can also do it manually by formatting it and configuring it like a hard drive. I've never tried it though.
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2012 11:42pm | Report
If what you are saying is right knuckles, you do know that the USB ports directly connect to the motherboard...right? So are you saying you would need a female USB to female USB header cable or something?

*meep*

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 1:30pm | Report
He changed his mind. He asked what a computer with some speed would cost.

So I put together a computer with i5 3570, an ITX chassi+MB, CD reader, 8GB RAM and an SSD.
It totaled 700bucks.
The cheapest one I suggested woulda cost ~300, but this PC would have a **** load more performance.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 5:14pm | Report
integrated graphics?

and do you mean atx?

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2012 2:33am | Report
Yes, obviously.
Intel HD graphics 4000 OP, NERF NAO.
It's actually pretty decent. I think it can run LoL in medium settings with a good framerate. Getting a real GPU would have been a huge waste.

No, silly you. I'm building a mini ITX platform, not standard ATX. Mini ITX is 17×17cm. Standard ATX is 30×25cm.
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide