Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 150 of 334
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2013 10:10am | Report
i am no anime expert but FMA:B is at the top of my list.

lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2013 10:16am | Report
XeresAce wrote:

Just finished kokoro connect. Wouldn't recommend it to so many people as I think my opinion of it is ridiculously biased just because I could relate a lot to the show.. but eh, if anyone is looking for a slice of life with a little psychological themes and stuff go for it C:

Kokoro Connect was one of the better non-comedy slice-of-life anime I've seen in ages. There just aren't many dramas coming out these days, and many of them suck anyway. So, yeah, anyone looking for a high school slice-of-life drama with some supernatural elements would probably enjoy it. It comes recommended as pretty good anime, under the Official Lifebaka Anime Rating SystemTM.

What is FMA: Brotherhood like? I have seen people describe it as the greatest anime ever and people describe it as overrated and on the same thread/ in the same conversation poeple are saying that about Clannad and others still are saying it about One Piece so I was wondering whether I could get an unbiased opinion from someone (please say it was bad if it was not just coz you didn't like it).

I wouldn't watch it unless you've watched the original FMA or read the first quarter-ish of the manga. It kinda' assumes that you're familiar with a lot of the earlier events and breezes over them. After that, its main issues are the same that the FMA anime had; a small number of enemies over a large number of episodes means that a lot of fights end inconclusively with one side or another running away. Still, it has a much better understanding of how stories progress than most anime and a much better understanding of what makes dark story elements impactful than most other anime, so if you're interested you should absolutely give it a go.

YayaFTW wrote:

I'm starting to think that the 8.6/10 on myanimelist is probably well deserved, that is if it doesn't fall off towards the very end.

It's got one of the best anime endings I've ever seen, honestly. Although I personally feel like an 8.6/10 is lower than it actually ought to be, compared to some of the anime above it. (I'm looking at you, Code Ge*** R2 and Fate/Zero Second Season.)

MrCuddowls wrote:

Such as?

You provided several examples yourself, and that's all the examples necessary for my point. Rather than dumping large lists and making unilateral statements about the quality of the list, how about we discuss anime individually?
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
PNBlack
<Member>
PNBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2013 10:20am | Report
I currently watch One Piece, Watamote and Attack on Titan.
Alea iacta est.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2013 10:57am | Report
Searz wrote:

Please provide reasoning to back up your statement. Otherwise it's empty and doesn't mean anything.

Liked the anime version more due it's changes, nothing else to it.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2013 2:36pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Please provide reasoning to back up your statement. Otherwise it's empty and doesn't mean anything.

The anime adds characters that weren't in the manga and succeeds as the characters are well thought out and memorable.

1500 get
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2013 4:41pm | Report
PNBlack wrote:

I currently watch One Piece, Watamote and Attack on Titan.

Unless you have a preference for animation rather than comics I'd recommend that you start reading One Piece instead.
Attack on Titan is also better in manga form, but the anime doesn't suck like many other anime adaptations.
Watamote seems to be a pretty good anime adaptation from what I've heard, so there's no need to bother with the manga for that, unless you really want to.
YayaFTW wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, I actually just finished the 8th episode of Madoka, and I am actually very impressed. I'm starting to think that the 8.6/10 on myanimelist is probably well deserved, that is if it doesn't fall off towards the very end.

Yeah.. no. I would never trust the ratings on myanimelist. I've seen complete garbage have above 8/10 and mainstream **** is often highly overrated.
Joxuu wrote:

Liked the anime version more due it's changes, nothing else to it.

Nice motivation...
MrCuddowls wrote:

The anime adds characters that weren't in the manga and succeeds as the characters are well thought out and memorable.

1500 get

Cool, but as a general rule I don't trust Cuddles.
It's nothing personal.
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2013 7:14am | Report
Started watching Elfen Lied. the contrast between sadistic and kawai is strong in this one...

As requested to GMD himself.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2013 8:27am | Report
That anime really keeps coming back ^^ The intro is a true masterpiece in my opinion. I just had to know the plot after that.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2013 8:50am | Report

That anime really keeps coming back ^^ The intro is a true masterpiece in my opinion. I just had to know the plot after that.

i think its good but not sure about masterpiece. Anyway, I've always liked Klimt.

Sig made by elenah
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2013 9:13am | Report
Finished "Black Lagoon"

Revy makes or breaks it...the rest of the cast is decent. Rock is also a big factor. In any case, i thought it was pretty one dimensional and there wasn't much depth of character. Just another action anime really...difference this time is the main action hero is a hot chick who likes to drink a ton of booze and murder people. prolly give it a 7/10.

Started "Steins;Gate"

Pretty quirky so far and nerdy. I can see potential, but it hasn't exactly hooked me yet.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide