Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 163 of 334
IShouldGetALife
<Member>
IShouldGetALife's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2013 1:44am | Report
Would you be the guy that commented? and is there a dub? still probably gonna get it subbed or maybe both.
If I have helped in anyway at all a +rep will be appreciated lots
Thanks to LaCorpse, Hogopogo and JhoiJhoi for the amazing sigs
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2013 1:53am | Report

and is there a dub? still probably gonna get it subbed or maybe both.

**** dubs, they're often weird or just flat out bad.
I mean, Japan and Japanese is a very different language in both tone and the way of talking. Adapting that to English makes it really awkward in my opinion.
It's for that same reason I am so against using English in everyday Swedish language, because it sounds damn ******ed, just like it does in Japanese songs with English phrases, for example.

Btw, the one I linked has like 4/10 in video, if you want 10/10 you'll need torrents at ~23GB.

IShouldGetALife
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2013 2:15am | Report
I like some dubs coz they are good and some coz they are so bad its funny, the reason I watch mostly dubs though, is because it just feels off watching something in a different language, and I find the dubs more reliable than subs most of the time. for example I have Sekirei dual audio with dubs from some website I don't know and in episode 10 or 11 of season 1 there is a conversation and then it just in the middle of the conversation says something along the lines of "that isn't even proper Japanese", completely out of context with what is going on.

I might have to get a bigger download for Ergo Proxy coz I usually use a HDMI cable connected to a TV so low quality is really not gonna work for me. Probably gonna get the sub version after some thought because I don't like either of the main voice actors that I've heard of.
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2013 3:03am | Report
I am halfway through Ikkitousen. I tried to count how many fanservice scenes/panty shots/boobies/adult scenes/punches-that-torns-clothes-apart-to-expose-boobies scenes there are.

I lost count at episode 2.

I'm still watching it till the end, however bad it gets :P

Surprisingly enough, it could have been a great shonen if the main plot was in the hands of a more "serious" production studio :P

I mean look at this gif for example:

The fighting animation is quite decent. If they get rid of the heavy amount of ******ed fanservice, rework the art/animation to have it be up to date, and target a slightly older audience, It would be a very decent action anime.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2013 3:09am | Report

the reason I watch mostly dubs though, is because it just feels off watching something in a different language

Native English speaker then I presume?
As English isn't my native language and I've grown up watching English stuff I don't really have any trouble with other languages, so it's hard to put myself in your position, but I really do think you should try to diversify yourself there. Because there might be many cases where value is lost in translation.
Many dubs have completely different meanings compared to the original simply so that they fit in the allotted time-slot and sync with the mouth-movement.
Quoted:
and I find the dubs more reliable than subs most of the time.

That is definitely not the case.
I don't have enough experience to make a wide-reaching probability statement, but I can however state that it's all about the translation groups. Some groups focus on translating as close to the actual meaning as possible (like Coalgirls), while others focus on translating it so that it fits better with the English culture and language, but at the loss of some of the original meaning.
Quoted:
I might have to get a bigger download for Ergo Proxy coz I usually use a HDMI cable connected to a TV so low quality is really not gonna work for me. Probably gonna get the sub version after some thought because I don't like either of the main voice actors that I've heard of.

Get the Fixed Color one then. It has dual audio.
I haven't gotten it down yet cuz ridiculously internet and 26GB, but it seems the best from the ones I've looked through.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
IShouldGetALife
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2013 3:21am | Report
Yes I'm native English speaker, I found coalgirls and Horrible subs to be pretty good and Commie to an extent but some of the ones I have are just terrible same goes with some dubs but as long as they aren't horrendous I can sit through them although the Kanokon dub made me cringe for the first episode or 2 just coz the high pitched voice of the main (male) character but I didn't have dual audio so I was stuck with it. I am also starting to watch a lot more sub only anime so that is a start I suppose.
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2013 9:10am | Report
finished angel beats. prolly a 7/10 from me. had potential in the story but botched it.

Spoiler: Click to view

the humor was really good though so that keeps it at a 7. and the episode with the tension meter was very funny.

MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2013 2:01pm | Report

finished angel beats. prolly a 7/10 from me. had potential in the story but botched it.

Spoiler: Click to view

the humor was really good though so that keeps it at a 7. and the episode with the tension meter was very funny.

Ok watch Aria now

Tips:

Sit down, relax and drink some warm tea while watching it.
IShouldGetALife
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2013 2:38pm | Report
What is this aria? I'm assuming it isn't Hidan no Aria (Aria the Scarlet Ammo) so I'm curious.
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2013 2:43pm | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

drink some warm tea while watching it.

Don't listen to this sissy girl talk Bio, get a 6-pack of good beer and it'll feel much better :3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide