Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 296 of 334
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2015 3:43pm | Report
LOL
From the 90 chapters I read I would never come to that conclusion. Maybe 2013 was a bad year. Not that I think it's not enjoyable, but it felt pretty cheap frequently and it's not for everyone in my opinion. Too much of a niche pick for a general award I'd say. And too much panty shots. I'll never forget about the superiority of ***-men though. That was a great performance.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2015 3:47pm | Report
Prison School has some enjoyable ******ed comedy tho lol

So apparently Tokyo Ghoul Season 2 doesn't follow the manga, as
Tokyo Ghoul √A means
Tokyo Ghoul Squareroot A =
Tokyo Ghoul Root A =
Tokyo Ghoul Route A =
Tokyo Ghoul Route Aogiri
Tokyo Ghoul √A

Reddit detective level **** right here
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2015 5:37pm | Report
So I FINALLY decided to finish Koe no Katachi (A Silent Voice).

I gotta say that I'm honestly kind of disappointed in the ending.
After some truly amazing chapters, I can't help but feel like the last ~9 chapters aren't up to the same standards.
The only part of the last 9 chapters I really liked was the movie, other than that it felt kind of unnecessary. I understand the message, and why there was a need for a build-up toward it, but I don't find it to be a fitting ending to the story.
Spoiler: Click to view

It's still a great series and well worth reading, in fact I thoroughly recommend it, but I was really let down by the ending. If the ending was as great as the rest then it would have taken a pretty secure spot in my top 3 manga of all time(which is quite the achievement, I've read hundreds), but the way it played out I can only place it in the top 10 or so.

Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2015 6:54pm | Report

All in all I'm still partly behind the statement made some time ago about the fear of the story losing its "momentum".

Recommended by me too.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2015 10:00am | Report

Well, yeah, but that's kind of the point. One does not need to resolve every single piece of the plot, in fact, one might want to refrain from doing so to provoke thought. (but it obviously needs to explain most things, either visually or through dialogue. You can't intentionally avoid answering questions, like Maze Runner did) Some of the most effective endings I've ever seen have been in medias res. I recently saw a movie with the exact same problem: The Book Thief.
It would have been PERFECT to end it during the air raid, but then they padded the ending for like 10 ****ing minutes! Holy **** was that a drag. The movie wasn't exactly in need of any kind of padding, it was already 2 hours long and pretty slow in pace. It would have been perfect to end it with a bang right at the end of the build-up, but it went bang and then echoed out for 10minutes.
It literally had like 3 different endings packed into one, over the course of 10 minutes. It was soooo bad. It could have been a great movie with the "first ending", but it turned out to be merely decent.
Of course The Book Thief's ending was considerably worse, but it does illustrate the same problem pretty well.

Want a movie that did this correctly? Go watch Edge of Tomorrow. It's an all-around fantastic movie and the ending resolved most plot points while leaving some open. I debated internally over whether I'd have liked it more if they ended it earlier, leaving even more open, but I feel like they struck a good balance.
Quoted:
Then again, I would've been all cheers even if they started dancing with fluffy unicorns for a few chapters.
[...]
All in all I'm still partly behind the statement made some time ago about the fear of the story losing its "momentum".

... you're kind of contradicting yourself here..
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2015 12:24pm | Report
Sadly Edgoe of Tomorrow flopped and they renamed the BR to Live. Die. Repeat or something.
Apparently the name ''Edge of Tomorrow'' wasn't appealing enough or maybe just too generic. Nontheless, when I actually do compare Manga to Movie in this case, I liked the movie more. yes.
MrQzo
<Member>
MrQzo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2015 3:54pm | Report
I watched a lot... I can recommend:

Mirai Nikki

shingeki no kyojin

Death Note

higurashi no naku koro ni
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2015 4:25pm | Report
xIchi wrote:
Sadly Edgoe of Tomorrow flopped and they renamed the BR to Live. Die. Repeat or something.
Apparently the name ''Edge of Tomorrow'' wasn't appealing enough or maybe just too generic. Nontheless, when I actually do compare Manga to Movie in this case, I liked the movie more. yes.

Well, no wonder, the manga was a disappointment. It was nothing more than okay, I was hoping for more. The movie is waaaay better.

What does BR stand for? I know that's the tag-line the movie used, but I can't quite connect BR to something related to "tag-line".

It ****ing sucks that good movies like Edge of Tomorrow and Pacific Rim don't do well financially, while **** like Transformers thrive. Consumers need to change their consumption behavior, because it's a ****ing tragedy for bad movies to be rewarded while good movies barely get by.
"Doing something, almost being done, then parents come in and don't let you finish.
Yes, I had a rough childhood." - devdevil
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2015 4:46pm | Report
I was just too lazy to write out Blue Ray
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2015 6:07pm | Report
xIchi wrote:
I was just too lazy to write out Blue Ray

Erm.. Blue-ray is commonly referred to as BD, not BR...
(as in Blue-ray Disc)
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide