Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 297 of 334
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2015 11:08pm | Report
Searz wrote:

What does BR stand for?

Brazil :^)

(The face is spreading)

MrQzo wrote:
I watched a lot... I can recommend:

Mirai Nikki

shingeki no kyojin

Death Note

higurashi no naku koro ni

Mmmm, they're definitely very good starter anime for people wanting to get into the anime medium (with the exception as Higurashi, I probably wouldn't start with that (Still a good series though)).

Consider Code Ge*** and Btoom! I believe they may cater to your interests.
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2015 11:06am | Report
Searz wrote:

Erm.. Blue-ray is commonly referred to as BD, not BR...
(as in Blue-ray Disc)

Welp, sorry.
I think germans refer to it as BR, at least I got this term from somewhere. But BD is indeed what I might have been looking for.

Today I looked it up on Amazon and it is indeed called ''Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow"
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2015 9:39pm | Report
Okay, so I'm currently giving "*** Class" (a hilarious way to shorten the title down) a chance.
And I arrive at this page:
bato.to/read/_/113691/assassination-classroom_ch2_by_utopia/8

A person asks if the assassination attempt on THE "PERSON" STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM SUCCEEDED.
I'm facepalming so hard right now.

... probably dropping this pretty fast.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2015 12:52am | Report
I managed to get through 10 chapters of "*** Class"... but that was barely.
It's pretty bad. Below average art. Loads of unnecessary dialogue/information dumping, even repeated instances of the same info. Like for example the extreme over-use of "mach 20", like an attempt at trying to be cool or something. Name-dropping a term describing a very high speed does not in any way make you seem cool *** Class..
There are lots of instances where it tries to be clever, but it ultimately falls flat because of how utterly dumb the execution is.
It has occasionally funny humor, but never got more than a chuckle out of me.
And considering the length of time between the jokes... the payoff is nowhere near worth the drag of reading the complete dredge that the rest consists of.
Dropping this so hard it leaves a hole in the floor.

I found this instead:

This is far better comedy. Go jump off a bridge *** Class.
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2015 5:54am | Report
What you are saying reminds me so much of the time I was watching ''trash''-Movies with a friend.
We then decided to watch Megashark vs Mechashark.
And it wasn't trash... it was just plain boring and bad. (As when you talk about trash Movies, they at least stay true to their name and are enjoyable).
BUt Megashark vs Mechashark was just filled with senseless Dialogue. My favorite quote was:
''I have him in my sight!" *gets tackled by shark* "NERO WHAT HAPPENED"? - R u srs?

But idk what you would expect from a shounen. Deep engaging dialogues :/?

Edit: Whao ****, I actually watched the same video some time ago lol xD
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2015 7:43am | Report
xIchi wrote:
But idk what you would expect from a shounen. Deep engaging dialogues :/?

This is quite the silly statement. You are implying that dialogue can't be or is very rarely good in shounen. That's a disservice to the genre and the good series that actually exist in it. There are series with very clever dialogue like Shingeki no Kyojin in the shounen "genre". Even comedies like Onepunch-Man has far more clever dialogue (and far less waste-of-space dialogue). I love the redundant names in OP-M for example: Speed Of Sound Sonic. That's pretty clever. Edit: ops, OP-M is seinen, nvm. But I'm sure there are other examples if I actually went looking. Too tired to do so atm tho.

Shounen is honestly less of a genre and more of a demographic, so generalizing such a wide "genre" is a little silly.
"Doing something, almost being done, then parents come in and don't let you finish.
Yes, I had a rough childhood." - devdevil
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2015 4:28pm | Report
Going a bit nazi again huh.
Just implying that this particular shounen can't have much of a clever dialogue. Same for countless other shounens.

Obviously, there are exceptions. But what I am referring to are those with petty, irrelevant random talk to fill the bubbles (which are too many most of the times already).
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2015 11:59pm | Report
Anyone know a web comic or something with an artstyle similar to the artist PenguinFrontier? I was randomly browsing the net and stumbled on some tokyo ghoul artwork which was amazing and decided to look up the artist... art wise, I can't say I was disappointed but I wasn't quite ready for the content of the art... lmao.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2015 12:10am | Report
wtf is with the triple posts
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!
JccmSaysNom
<Member>
JccmSaysNom's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2015 12:37pm | Report
Gonna mention a slightly less known name here, in case somebody has read it or might end up reading it:

Imawabi no Dakini

It is a 15 chapter manga with possibly my favorite art style of all time and a short but enjoyable plot and some shounen-like moments.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide