Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 298 of 334
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2015 4:32pm | Report
Imawabi no Dakini

Hmm..
Art looks nice, only 3 volumes. Giving it a read.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2015 8:43am | Report
Read it.
The end is kinda meh, but apart from that it is a tad too shounen-ish.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2015 12:30pm | Report
Sup weeaboos (I say this with luv<3)

So I started watching Attack on Titan in English (Cause the Japanese version made my ears bleed).

Aaand I actually kinda like it now. After 7 episodes. It was slow as hell at first but now theres a lot more going on.

The English version is still super screamy though. Kind of annoying, but less so in English.

Questions:

Is Aren psychotic? No normal child would act like that.

Why does the intro sequence show all those characters when I've seen like 3-4 of them get eated?

Also, no spoilerinos plz. only on episode 8.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2015 12:53pm | Report
Is Aren psychotic? No normal child would act like that.

Possibly. He's quite brutal, aggressive and rash, but I think it makes him an interesting character. Especially so because he's very consistent over the course of the story, while at the same time getting developed as a character.
Quoted:
Why does the intro sequence show all those characters when I've seen like 3-4 of them get eated?

No idea. Why even watch it more than one time? I never bother watching intros to series after the first episode.

Worth noting about Shingeki no Kyojin (original title), is that the manga is a lot better, A LOT better when it comes to the storytelling aspect. The anime makes a load of changes to the story, the great majority of which are bad or just flat out stupid. If you want the story like it should have been told then the manga is the way to go. The art is a bit lackluster in the manga, but if you can get over that then it's definitely the superior version in my opinion.
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
JccmSaysNom
<Member>
JccmSaysNom's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2015 1:08pm | Report
xIchi wrote:

The end is kinda meh

Definitely agree with you on that, I personally prefer shounen-ish things but dislike the naruto-like-shounen.

How about Onanie Master Kurosawa? it's story and MC turn the most people away at chapter 1 but if you haven't already read it try giving it a shot. it is also more of a seinen.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2015 1:33pm | Report
Definitely agree with you on that, I personally prefer shounen-ish things but dislike the naruto-like-shounen.

Try to avoid using the terms shounen and seinen to describe genres. This is a common mistake even I have made in the past. They are a target demographic. Shounen being roughly teenage males and seinen being adult males.
Quoted:
How about Onanie Master Kurosawa? it's story and MC turn the most people away at chapter 1 but if you haven't already read it try giving it a shot. it is also more of a seinen.

Yeah, it's pretty good. Have you read Molester Man? It's by the same author, and I consider it to be the better of the two.
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
JccmSaysNom
<Member>
JccmSaysNom's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2015 2:22pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Yeah, it's pretty good. Have you read Molester Man? It's by the same author, and I consider it to be the better of the two.

I use the terms shounen-ish and seinen like, because the term teenage male and adult male blend together at some points but I will take your advice to heart.

Yes I have read it, to me both were equally as good in their own respective rights, and having lurked a lot on 4chan I could easily relate to a 2chan story.
And there is just something about the unrefined way the art is that really hits a soft spot in me.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2015 3:27pm | Report
I still think it's fairly accurate to use seinen/shounen/shoujo to point out obvious stereotypes that define this kind of style aiming at said demographic.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2015 4:14pm | Report
I just finished Imawabi no Dakini.
It was so-so. Storytelling was just a mess with several instances of exposition dumping.
The fights were really lackluster and shallow. And many of them resolved in a pretty dumb manner.
The art is ultimately what saves it from being bad. I'm not sure I'd call the art great, but it's definitely good and it has a pretty unique style, which I like.
I would not recommend giving it a read. There are far better series to read in those genres.

Fullmetal Alchemist and Shingeki no Kyojin being the first ones that come to mind. Both are kind of similar in style, just a lot better.

Also, I just read chapter 65 of Shingeki no Kyojin. Holy ****. Something big is going to go down.
SNK ch65

I use the terms shounen-ish and seinen like, because the term teenage male and adult male blend together at some points but I will take your advice to heart.

Yeah, try to use terms like action/adventure to describe series.
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 4:58pm | Report
Ana Satsujin (manga) is nearing it's end and the author keeps throwing flashbacks at us q_q.

Btw, for those who still watch Log Horizon...

I had this feeling since S1, but now it's even stronger... Why the **** waste so much time on those little **** brats? For real, they were needed to show the corrupt beginning of the new fantasy world.

But why waste so much screentime/background etc on them. They don't seem relevant in any way and are just in to add a really annoying and unrealistic love interes for Shiroe zzzz.
(Cept for the new skill he made for Rudi, but that coulda been any NPC, instead they put thos brats in the highlight).

The only reason I can think of is to explain the world to outsiders, as we people who are reading/watching don't know as much as Shiroe, and instead of just having the Characters explain stuff, they let those brats do ****.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide