Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Monitor

Creator: Booshido May 31, 2011 3:02pm
39 posts - page 2 of 4
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 7:52am | Report
no i will not use (for now) the 3D thing. I am rather VERY VEEEERY demanding person in case of monitors and tbh none of "newest" LCD's were even close to oldie CRT (ofc not ordinary CRT for price of 50 bucs 8 years ago.)

The 2450 monitor is not going to be a good choice... NOT AT ALL...

Responsivness of that monitor is way below averange. The input lag is great on the other side. Colors are very dark and dimmed, while the black to white scaling is very good.

A way better choice would be 2494HM. Way better responsivness, non existant input lag, plenty outputs (even audio in!) HDMI included.
The sideeffect is the viewing angles ofc like on all other TN's.

I can go like this forever. Please be specific on what you demand. Make a list of things you want to have.
Write what it will be used for. Where it will be used. and so on. My knowledge on monitors is very fresh and quite accurate. Seeing "store specifications" only as a thing you are looking into is quite foolish since they can write whatever they want. For example 2ms TN will have worse results than a 6ms S-IPS for example.

If you provide enaugh info i think i will be able to help you in decidint which one to take. Just be VERY VERY specific on what you want. Dont just look, hmm this is ok and buy, imagine your dream LCD and paste it here i'll think i will be able to find you one :P
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
orochinagi
<Member>
orochinagi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 7:55am | Report
DEWO wrote:

no i will not use (for now) the 3D thing. I am rather VERY VEEEERY demanding person in case of monitors and tbh none of "newest" LCD's were even close to oldie CRT (ofc not ordinary CRT for price of 50 bucs 8 years ago.)

The 2450 monitor is not going to be a good choice... NOT AT ALL...

Responsivness of that monitor is way below averange. The input lag is great on the other side. Colors are very dark and dimmed, while the black to white scaling is very good.

A way better choice would be 2494HM. Way better responsivness, non existant input lag, plenty outputs (even audio in!) HDMI included.
The sideeffect is the viewing angles ofc like on all other TN's.

I can go like this forever. Please be specific on what you demand. Make a list of things you want to have.
Write what it will be used for. Where it will be used. and so on. My knowledge on monitors is very fresh and quite accurate. Seeing "store specifications" only as a thing you are looking into is quite foolish since they can write whatever they want. For example 2ms TN will have worse results than a 6ms S-IPS for example.

If you provide enaugh info i think i will be able to help you in decidint which one to take. Just be VERY VERY specific on what you want. Dont just look, hmm this is ok and buy, imagine your dream LCD and paste it here i'll think i will be able to find you one :P

And thus we can see that 401 takes his monitors quite seriously... :P
36. Just because you're losing doesn't mean you are the best on your team, it means you are losing, too.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 7:59am | Report
Believe me i am :)
2 intense weeks of reading nothing exept monitors reviews, techs, displays, resolutions, inputs, cables, and much much much more...

orochinagi
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 8:04am | Report
DEWO wrote:

Believe me i am :)
2 intense weeks of reading nothing exept monitors reviews, techs, displays, resolutions, inputs, cables, and much much much more...

I'll try to remember that whenever I plan on changing my monitor :)
7. Shouting Demacia, either irl or in /all, has been known to improve your game play.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 8:11am | Report
I can also help on the usual PC hardware to :) I just bought a whole new PC today, waiting for shipping now so i am kinda "on the flow" with the trends now. :)

orochinagi
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 8:14am | Report
DEWO wrote:

I can also help on the usual PC hardware to :) I just bought a whole new PC today, waiting for shipping now so i am kinda "on the flow" with the trends now. :)

Even tho I work in IT... I usually don't follow up the trends and such... at least not on hardware related stuff...

Anyway, that's always good to know ;)
61. When in doubt, ward.
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 10:01am | Report
Any good?

i want about 22" - 26" LED with dvi and hopfully HD port as well and I want it to look sexy
and around £170 :/

which is better out of the 2 ive linked

edit:
Samsung SyncMaster BX2350 LED LCD 23" HDMI Monitor
LG W2363D 23" TRUE 120Hz 3D Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black
Samsung S23A550H 23" Widescreen Ultra Thin LED Monitor

the LG one is pretty sick, and the cheapest (but not sexy Samsung QQ)

does LCD and LED backlit LCD's one make a big difference when it comes to monitors?
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 11:32am | Report
or i could get the same one as you DEWO , one left....this.
only one dvi connecter putting me off tho, im leaning to wards the LG one now...
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 3:58pm | Report
Well since we are on this topic.

DEWO, what would you say is currently the best graphics card in terms of performance, lag, and compatibility with upcoming, better graphic games as well?

I plan on building my own computer soon :3

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 4:23pm | Report
YO I WANT THE RIGHT MONITOR U WANT SOME REP 401?!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide