Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official Mobafire PC thread

Creator: Vynertje August 3, 2015 11:59am
541 posts - page 10 of 55
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2015 2:41pm | Report
Ah, the good old mediaserver bug. The phone gets stuck scanning for music and video. Can't remember what triggers it. Might be whenever you connect the phone to a PC and move files or something like that.
That bug is looong fixed in recent versions of android. Have you tried updating your phone? (Settings->About Phone->System Updates)
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2015 3:53am | Report
Okay, problem solved! I rebooted my phone after an update and charged it's battery to 100% and it looks like it's fixed. Thanks for the help ;)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2015 3:12am | Report
The area right around the fan on my laptop seems to be getting really hot lately. Nothing else is getting even a little warm, but what should I do to try to alleviate this issue?
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2015 3:25am | Report
The area right around the fan on my laptop seems to be getting really hot lately. Nothing else is getting even a little warm, but what should I do to try to alleviate this issue?

how are your cpu and gpu temps?
Thanks to IPodPulse for this <3^
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2015 3:29am | Report
how do check?

EDIT: downloaded a program to monitor that, among other things.
mastrer1000
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2015 3:50am | Report
Do you have any programs besides that one open?
Did you do anything that would bring your temperatures up before starting to measure them?
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2015 3:54am | Report
I have programs open and even if I close them there'll still be loads of processes running (which thoroughly annoys me), because this thing has always had loads of **** running in the background even after I uninstalled all of Acer's bloatware nonsense and ran ccleaner (and some other things to try to clean up processes because it's enough that googling each one individually is generally a pain) about a dozen times. I also got the outside to cool off at least before I even posted about this, but I'll close everything and then screenshot it again.

EDIT: after I closed ****, but I was running ccleaner (which I closed) when you asked that, so that probably doesn't help anything.

unrelated, but I'm checking if my hard drive needs to be defragmented.
mastrer1000
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2015 6:43am | Report
I have programs open and even if I close them there'll still be loads of processes running (which thoroughly annoys me), because this thing has always had loads of **** running in the background even after I uninstalled all of Acer's bloatware nonsense and ran ccleaner (and some other things to try to clean up processes because it's enough that googling each one individually is generally a pain) about a dozen times. I also got the outside to cool off at least before I even posted about this, but I'll close everything and then screenshot it again.

EDIT: after I closed ****, but I was running ccleaner (which I closed) when you asked that, so that probably doesn't help anything.

unrelated, but I'm checking if my hard drive needs to be defragmented.

How are your temperatures under load? The idle temps seem pretty high, but that might just be your room temperature or something.
Thanks to IPodPulse for this <3^
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2015 6:48am | Report
it's actually much colder down here and I have no idea how my temperatures are anything xD

Also, what do you even mean by "under load"? Like, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to hardware, you're going to need to dumb down anything you ask me about that kind of stuff to a level I can actually understand.
mastrer1000
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2015 7:23am | Report
by "under load" I mean to get your cpu load as close to 100% as you can(typically by running a stresstest or something like that). I just saw that you have 54°C at 83% load though, so I guess that 100% would be around 60-70° which is fine. It can't hurt to check though.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide