Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official Mobafire PC thread

Creator: Vynertje August 3, 2015 11:59am
541 posts - page 25 of 55
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2015 12:40pm | Report
Joxuu wrote:
I tried the socket in the back and the problem remains. There's quiet but clearly recognizeable "white noise" when listening to music for example. It's almost like the headset is trying to boost some background noises louder which otherwise would be left unnoticed.

3.5mm jack's electromagnet noises are gone, I think I didn't plug the headset properly but now that it's correctly plugged in, I hear the "white noise".

I checked some threads and it seems few others have same problem

I checked this thread and so far possible solutions seem to be not to use the ****le or to plug it into an usb 2 instead of an usb 3 port.
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2015 1:18pm | Report
Joxuu wrote:
I tried the socket in the back and the problem remains. There's quiet but clearly recognizeable "white noise" when listening to music for example. It's almost like the headset is trying to boost some background noises louder which otherwise would be left unnoticed.

Well, if you didn't hear it with your phone then it probably has something to do with the fact that it uses 4 pins instead of 3 for a combined audio/mic jack. Most PC motherboards lack support for this. And it seems that the USB soundcard that comes with it might be of questionable quality.
Ya shoulda went with version 1 like I told ya :P
You should probably just return it and get a version 1 instead. You should have sufficient justification in complaints about the noise.
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2015 1:35pm | Report
My keyboard(cherry mx-board 3.0) has a loose connection. I already tried a different cable, so it has to be something with the keyboard itself, which pretty much means that I'll have to get a new one. I have my doubts about getting another mx-board 3.0 because my problem seems to be fairly common.

This means that I'd like some advice. I need a mechanical keyboard with a german(qwertz) layout. For switches, I would prefer mx reds. I tried browns and blacks and didn't like them and a have yet to try blues(I didnd't really like the tactile feel on browns so I doubt I will like them). I would prefer having a numpad. Additional hotkeys would be nice but are not necessary. I wanna spend around 100€(spending more isn't too much of a problem if you give me a good reason).

I personally greatly enjoy my Corsair K70 (non-RGB, brown). Corsair stuff is always on the expensive side but this keyboard hasn't disappointed me at all. I really dig their media hotkeys and no-nonsense look.

Searz wrote:

Well, if you didn't hear it with your phone then it probably has something to do with the fact that it uses 4 pins instead of 3 for a combined audio/mic jack. Most PC motherboards lack support for this. And it seems that the USB soundcard that comes with it might be of questionable quality.
Ya shoulda went with version 1 like I told ya :P
You should probably just return it and get a version 1 instead. You should have sufficient justification in complaints about the noise.

Perhaps not specifically an answer to the problem, but it could be that getting a cheap (20€) soundcard also helps greatly, + it greatly increases audio quality over onboard options.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2015 1:38pm | Report
im using corsair k70 non rgb red switches. I've been using this for a little over two years and its been working pretty well.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2015 1:43pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:
Perhaps not specifically an answer to the problem, but it could be that getting a cheap (20€) soundcard also helps greatly, + it greatly increases audio quality over onboard options

Do you know how common 4-pin support is on these soundcards?
And 'greatly increases audio quality' is probably an overstatement.
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2015 1:50pm | Report
Nope and to be honest, I haven't ever heard of the 4-pin support issue before. I just suggested it because it has solved white noise/emi issues for me before.

Either way, compared to most entry-level motherboards it really is a great increase. I've used an Asus Xonar DG (20-25€) and Essence STX (150€) so far and both offered a substantial upgrade over onboard audio on a 100€ motherboard.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2015 2:14pm | Report
I've done some research.

Apparently I should have gotten a CloudII firmware/driver when I plugged in the headset but I haven't gotten anything. Many have said firmware version 5 has fixed the noise. Can I just go to their website and download the firmware and it should be activated or what?

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2015 2:31pm | Report
According to the thread I linked earlier, the update is still in beta. You can apperently get it by contacting their support or by downloading it from a link on page 3 of the thread(I didn't check it or anything, there were no complaints in the thread so I guess it is save. I'd still try getting it from the support just to be complatly sure though). It seems like you can also fix the issue by not using the usb soundcard(I think you have to use a splitter cable instead). You obviously don't get any benefits from it if you go that route.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2015 3:15pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:
Either way, compared to most entry-level motherboards it really is a great increase. I've used an Asus Xonar DG (20-25€) and Essence STX (150€) so far and both offered a substantial upgrade over onboard audio on a 100€ motherboard.

Erm.. FYI: many PCI sound cards actually reduce sound quality, even compared to internal soundcards.

Why?
1. Because they commonly have higher output impedance.
2. Because they convert to analogue audio inside the PC case. The moment you convert the audio to analogue is the moment that signal becomes sensitive to interference.
The only real benefit of a PCI soundcard over internal soundcards is that they have more powerful amps. This is useful with high-impedance headphones, like those you have (Sennheiser 650, I believe). Such headphones require much more power than most, and internal soundcards often have trouble driving them properly. With the increased power the "signal" part of signal/noise increases, making noise less problematic, even if the noise level is higher than that of the internal soundcard.
But his headphones aren't 300Ω. They are 32Ω, which is standard. So he would likely get worse audio from getting a PCI soundcard.

I'm not an expert on this, so I may be wrong, but:
I believe most PCI soundcards use digital volume control (I know most integrated ones do). This could potentially be another thing that boosts noise (or rather: noise remains the same, while signal decreases at low volume, effectively meaning higher noise). With external soundcards you can control the volume with a proper knob (potentiometer), gaining lower noise at lower volumes.

USB is the way to go. That way you avoid both the high output-impedance and the interference problems inside of a PC case.
I've been eyeing the O2 headphone amp for a while now myself. Requires no drivers and is pure, clean audio fidelity, without any kind of coloring. There is sooo much snake-oil in the audio business. An objective approach (measurements) to audio is necessary for the best sound.
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2015 3:19pm | Report
Joxuu wrote:
Apparently I should have gotten a CloudII firmware/driver when I plugged in the headset but I haven't gotten anything. Many have said firmware version 5 has fixed the noise. Can I just go to their website and download the firmware and it should be activated or what?

Oh. Well, yeah. Do that and see if it works.

Also, don't use the "7.1 surround sound" outside of a select few games. It's mostly just distortion unless a game has real proper support for it. Which isn't too common.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide