Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official Path of Exile Thread

Creator: caucheka October 25, 2013 1:04am
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2013 4:25pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

just because d3 is newer than d2 doesnt mean its better.

Maybe it isn't about a game being "better". Maybe it's just about a game being old or not. Old games are hard to get into for gamers who are used to modern UIs and control setups.

Searz wrote:

I'm also a firm believer in fair comparison. While loads of people go around claiming that Red Alert/*insert random old game here* is great I claim that it in fact isn't, because it has a ****-ton of problems. Problems that they ignore because it's an old game.
I do not think it is okay to excuse problems because something is old. That places unfair bias in the older product.

Similarly, I know that I wasn't talking about the comparative qualities of the two games. I don't figure Veng was, either. Rather, we were just talking about whether or not people like a given game. And I think we can both agree that people don't necessarily like only good (or otherwise comparatively better) things.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2013 5:55am | Report

I don't think he is saying D3 is better because it's newer, he didn't play D2 when it was fresh and new so his immersion into experience in the game would be different playing it after experiencing D3.

Some games don't age well, not saying D2 aged bad but for someone who didn't play it when it was new and fresh they will for sure have a completely different experience playing it today then someone who played it when it first came out.

Fixed.
*raises hand* I didn't play D2 when it was new either. Yet I still think it's superior to D3 and Torchlight 1 too, for that matter.
Quoted:
I love D2, and Path of the Exile is shaping up to be a great game. And that's the great thing about gaming. Someone may Love Pokemon Red and Blue but for someone who has only played Black and White, Red and Blue may seem unfinished/bland or just slow, aka the immersion experience is different

I don't think immersion means what you think it means...

I've basically been trying to say that D2 is an older game, whilst D3 is much newer.

Nope. You're either lying or too stupid to realize what you're writing. Either one is about equally bad.

Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2013 11:19am | Report
so i just died on a 61 scion on nemesis (missclicking on the X button on the top right to close the client in a huge pack of mobs). Anyone feel like rerolling with me? preferably someone who's experienced with the game since it is nemesis after all.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2013 12:42pm | Report
Khazem wrote:

so i just died on a 61 scion on nemesis (missclicking on the X button on the top right to close the client in a huge pack of mobs). Anyone feel like rerolling with me? preferably someone who's experienced with the game since it is nemesis after all.

Yeah.. You don't go out much..
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2013 12:59pm | Report
?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2013 1:00pm | Report
Don't you get the reference?
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2013 1:02pm | Report
I do not
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2013 1:07pm | Report
Change is gooooood
Picture by: My valentine; jamespongebob <3
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2013 1:15pm | Report
oh.........

right
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2013 3:20pm | Report