Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official Path of Exile Thread

Creator: caucheka October 25, 2013 1:04am
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2013 5:41pm | Report

I'm a Diablo 3 fan.

get out.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
-NA- Veng Lmfao's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2013 7:54pm | Report
Nothing wrong with enjoying any game (unless it's Day One Gary's Incident)
Keep in mind I'm 15. I wasn't around to play D2. D3 is a completely new game to me, and I don't consider it a equal (although since '98, they should have made the game practically flawless).
But yes, if I DID play D2 originally, then I would consider D3 a failure. But I haven't, so I can't criticize it in comparison to D2.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2013 8:19pm | Report
yeah I agree with Veng D3 holds up on it's own but it's no D2, and so many things that made D2 so great didn't end up in D3. So for new players it's not a big deal but for veterans they screwed it up, D3 is decent game, but it could have been better.

On a side note I got to level 4 on path of the exile, and I'm loving it ♥
sig by jhoijhoi
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2013 8:57pm | Report
only level 4? dang. what class?
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2013 9:02pm | Report
I only played it for an hour or 2 so far, I'm playing as a duelist
Sig by HogoPogo
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2013 10:12pm | Report

On a side note I got to level 4 on path of the exile, and I'm loving it ♥

I got about that far before uninstalling. I was playing a Witch, and definitely enjoying it, but I don't see much reason to play Path of Exile over Torchlight II, which I've already put substantially more time into.

Path of Exile is really, really good, don't get me wrong. But Torchlight II feels a bit crisper in its controls. And while I like Path of Exile's skill gem system better than Torchlight's skill trees, I just find Torchlight II to show much more polish in how its controls feel. Probably has something to do with the slight differences in the camera angles the games use. I also kinda' hate games that bind middle mouse button to anything; it's too hard to use without also turning the mouse wheel, and also just plain too hard to use.

Of course, I also didn't play Diablo II, so the stylistic differences between the two games really isn't something I care about. Which is something to keep in mind.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2013 11:38pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

get out.

ABLOO BLOO BLOO! I HATE YOUR VIDEO GAME SO YOUR OPINION DOESN'T MATTER! BLOO BLOO BLOO!
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2013 2:57am | Report
Toshabi wrote:

ABLOO BLOO BLOO! I HATE YOUR VIDEO GAME SO YOUR OPINION DOESN'T MATTER! BLOO BLOO BLOO!

Abloo?

Nothing wrong with enjoying any game (unless it's Day One Gary's Incident)
Keep in mind I'm 15. I wasn't around to play D2. D3 is a completely new game to me, and I don't consider it a equal (although since '98, they should have made the game practically flawless).
But yes, if I DID play D2 originally, then I would consider D3 a failure. But I haven't, so I can't criticize it in comparison to D2.

He's implying that anybody that enjoys the game is an idiot because of how Blizz broke the game with the always-on DRM and the Auction house.
Which is kinda silly. But they were REALLY detrimental to the game. I do hear that they're getting removed, so D3 might yet turn into a good game.

From what I've played of D3 (beta), Torchlight 2 and D2 I can say that D3 is the weakest of the lot. Go play D2 and T2 instead. Both games should be fairly cheap too.
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2013 6:14am | Report
Not only DRM and auctionhouse...

They screwed the very core mechanic of a Hack&Slay: The loot.

What affected ppl to do endless Baal-Runs and stuff like not killing him until you reached a certain level since his first loot was of better quality, was the fact that they strifed for loot.
Finding Uniques, Set items or simply some rather good yellow (I forgot the term... was it epic?) ones was thrilling.

What you got in D3 therefore?
Legendaries were complete **** 90% of time (they tried to fix that but doesn't rly matter) and finding a great item was mostly disillusioning thanks to your class needing 2-3 stats at best and everything else would mean dead weight.

In addition stuff like failing to test Inferno mode or balancing overall terminated the leftover interest ppl with a bit of taste had.

Seeing how the freaking Game Director of D3 Jay Wilson insulted the very CREATOR of Diablo (and Blizzard founder) David Brevik after he commented that D3 "wasn't the game he would have designed" (simply saying "It's ****" in a very polite way), something in my head told me that Blizzard ultimately went down the drain.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2013 6:18am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Not only DRM and auctionhouse...
They screwed the very core mechanic of a Hack&Slay: The loot.

What affected ppl to do endless Baal-Runs and stuff like not killing him until you reached a certain level since his first loot was of better quality, was the fact that they strifed for loot.
Finding Uniques, Set items or simply some rather good yellow (I forgot the term... was it epic?) ones was thrilling.

What you got in D3 therefore?
Legendaries were complete **** 90% of time (they tried to fix that but doesn't rly matter) and finding a great item was mostly disillusioning thanks to your class needing 2-3 stats at best and everything else would mean dead weight.

In addition stuff like failing to test Inferno mode or balancing overall terminated the leftover interest ppl with a bit of taste had.

I never got that far and I'm almost happy I didn't. Man, what a waste of time..
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide