Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official Path of Exile Thread

Creator: caucheka October 25, 2013 1:04am
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2013 9:31am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Not only DRM and auctionhouse...

They screwed the very core mechanic of a Hack&Slay: The loot.

What affected ppl to do endless Baal-Runs and stuff like not killing him until you reached a certain level since his first loot was of better quality, was the fact that they strifed for loot.
Finding Uniques, Set items or simply some rather good yellow (I forgot the term... was it epic?) ones was thrilling.

What you got in D3 therefore?
Legendaries were complete **** 90% of time (they tried to fix that but doesn't rly matter) and finding a great item was mostly disillusioning thanks to your class needing 2-3 stats at best and everything else would mean dead weight.

In addition stuff like failing to test Inferno mode or balancing overall terminated the leftover interest ppl with a bit of taste had.

Seeing how the freaking Game Director of D3 Jay Wilson insulted the very CREATOR of Diablo (and Blizzard founder) David Brevik after he commented that D3 "wasn't the game he would have designed" (simply saying "It's ****" in a very polite way), something in my head told me that Blizzard ultimately went down the drain.

this. plus loot drops were severely gimped in order to push people to use the auction house. hang on i need to find something here. ah here it is.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2013 7:33pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

this. plus loot drops were severely gimped in order to push people to use the auction house. hang on i need to find something here. ah here it is.

I had no idea D3 end game was that bad.
Sig by Emikadon
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2013 7:45pm | Report
i remember the old inferno pre nerfs.

everything one hit you. EVERYTHING. so barbs and monks were literally worthless. and even then you had to kite everythign.
-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
-NA- Veng Lmfao's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2013 10:20pm | Report
@Searz

I do play Torchlight 2 aswell. I don't enjoy it as much, as once you get to level 100, there's nothing to do.
If I was to play D2 now, I would probably dislike it, simply because D3 has better graphics, and it's the game I've played first (which is why D2 is better than D3 for most)
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2013 10:28pm | Report
**** this game, go play Skylanders: The Death of Spyro: The rebirth of Gauntlet: The Wallet Killer.
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

SkidmarkD
<Member>
SkidmarkD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2013 12:39am | Report
*Goes off to not die AGAIN on the original Prince of Persia*
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2013 4:30am | Report

If I was to play D2 now, I would probably dislike it, simply because D3 has better graphics, and it's the game I've played first (which is why D2 is better than D3 for most)

That's an incredibly narrow-minded and ignorant view.
Just in this thread alone there are several examples of why D3 is significantly worse than the other games.
Read the things written in this thread and then google a bit more if you still require reasoning as to why.
Because people don't hate on D3 because they played it after D2/T2. That's just ******ed.
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2013 3:25pm | Report
i would of said just because muh grafix
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2013 5:53pm | Report
Searz wrote:
Because people don't hate on D3 because they played it after D2/T2. That's just ******ed.

WHY ARE YOU REFERRING TO ME AS ******ED SEARZ!? WHY ARE YOU DISSING MY OPINIONS!? I hate D3 because it's clearly not D2. So EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME SEARZ!

Totally - repping you.

But I actually like D3, only because I got it for free and it looks so pretty up on my shelf. Have I played it? No, but I sure am excited for it! The flash version that was released on blizzard's website was so addicting, so how can the actual game fail?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2013 3:56am | Report
Toshabi wrote:

But I actually like D3, only because I got it for free and it looks so pretty up on my shelf. Have I played it? No, but I sure am excited for it! The flash version that was released on blizzard's website was so addicting, so how can the actual game fail?

<3
Never gets old.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide