Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Official Skyrim Thread

Creator: OTGBionicArm July 1, 2014 10:51am
542 posts - page 47 of 55
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2015 12:22pm | Report
I haven't played skyrim since I build my new pc in sebtember(?) and modded a bit too much(prohably full vram, I REALLY needed those new leaf textures to be 2048*2048)

my view on paid mods is that some modders deserve money for their work(I'd pay 10€ or something like that for falskaar for example), but it has to be voluntarily. I really like the way the nexus has done it.
Thanks to IPodPulse for this <3^
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2015 12:55pm | Report
I'm all for paying for really great mods, but I think the system was poorly implemented, and they were trying to get too many highly sought after mods to be involved.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2015 1:06pm | Report
I'm all for paying for really great mods, but I think the system was poorly implemented

Yup, I strongly support paid mods as long as it means great mod creators get to work on their content full-time, but only getting 25% of that money sucks. It's also made worse because they didn't set any criteria for mods to be paid. Something they could've done is that the author must have at least one mod with a x amount of downloads and x score before they can set any mods to be paid.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2015 1:18pm | Report
Well, I think it also lies in the fact that they attempted to be lazy with it by having mod authors sign up. It's not that hard to go to nexus and see which authors have the most endorsed and most quality work.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2015 3:44pm | Report
So I was randomly scanning the kitchen thread when I suddenly read

• PREPARE YOUR OVEN.
and I remembered this thread.

Is anyone up for some Nuzlocke-like thingy on Skyrim? No mods, permadeath (also for followers), only autosave or save in safe buildings / towns and no reloading save files (to try a fight that started badly again), on some difficulty. We could set a quick-to-achieve goal like "Join the Legion". Sounds interesting?

EDIT: And summarize your adventures every time you manually save the game in this thread.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
mastrer1000
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2015 4:04am | Report
I'm in if this is happening. I only need to get my skyrim going again(redownload and some essential mods).

We should discuss what mods to take though.

-should we require the use of SkyRe or some other overhaul?
-Mods that add weapons and/or magic(might be imbalanced)
-follower mods(op and/or multiple followers)
-minor stuff like increased duration of khajit/vampire nightvision

also what is our stance on fasttravel/carriages?
Latest Legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2015 5:16am | Report
I'd say no game-changing mods since it's most easy to set up. Something like realistic middle finger nail polish remover brush hairs shouldn't be a problem though. I think we should also play without DLCs since crossbows are #op and it wouldn't be fair if only a few of us would get their *** kicked by random vampires or cultists. (not everyone has all DLCs)

Unless you have a list of easy to get mods you can't do without, I never played with game-changing mods or full overhauls so I have no idea.

I don't mind carriages (I like playing without fast travel but with extra carriages) but I wouldn't mind playing without. Could make for some funny horse stealing stories. Inb4 people get killed by the cutthroat on the road to Winterhold.

So, yeah, post your ideas, I guess. The only rules I would very much like to keep are the rules about where to save, no reattempts (unless the game starts flipping tables) and permadeath.

I'm going to be so bad at this xD
mastrer1000
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2015 8:07am | Report
no dlc?

but muh vampire overlordfor of ultimate destruction :( (seriously though, no random encounter from the dlcs is impossible to beat, so dlcs should be up to everyone IMO.
I think the most game-changing mods I want are predator vision and better fast travel. I would count both mods as QOL stuff, but I am not sure about the predator vision part of the first mod. What do you guys think?

also master or legendary difficulty? expert is too easy IMO. if we are doing adept my character will be naked besides gloves and weaponless.

edit: what about autoswaves when waiting?
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2015 8:10am | Report
If you aren't going to take in a combat rehaul mod, it will be very, VERY easy.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2015 9:15am | Report
Yeah I'd opt for legendary difficulty too. I love better fast travel, if we do that I would forbid fast travel using the map though.

I don't think it's fair if some of us can use vampire overlord and some of us can't, but then again it depends on how tryhard this is going to be.

Janitsu wrote:
If you aren't going to take in a combat rehaul mod, it will be very, VERY easy.
Even at legendary difficulty? I went to riverwood, stole some basic armor and a mace, killed a wolf and got rekt completely by the first imperial guard I "met". I suppose it depends on how you play though.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide