Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official Skyrim Thread

Creator: OTGBionicArm July 1, 2014 10:51am
542 posts - page 45 of 55
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2015 8:18am | Report
That moment when you start a destruction mage character at master difficulty, start the college at level 1, get through Saarthal with some college clothes, Flames and Firebolt, including 1v1'ing a Draugr Wight, face the boss battle at level 2, and realize that the boss is resistant to fire.

My options: some bow with a few arrows and one iron dagger I picked up along the way. This is gonna take a while.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2015 2:33pm | Report
Whoops I tripped and set the game to beginner difficulty!
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2015 3:05pm | Report
That moment when you start a destruction mage character at master difficulty, start the college at level 1, get through Saarthal with some college clothes, Flames and Firebolt, including 1v1'ing a Draugr Wight

How long did that take? haha
Also, are any of the skyrim DLC's worth buying? I'm quite stingy with my money - especially when it comes to buying DLCs for games
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2015 3:10pm | Report
utopus wrote:

Also, are any of the skyrim DLC's worth buying? I'm quite stingy with my money - especially when it comes to buying DLCs for games

Imo the only one not worth buying is hearthfire
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2015 3:17pm | Report

Imo the only one not worth buying is hearthfire

Depends, it doesn't add any extra quests but personally I love customization in Skyrim and being able to customize your house is like heaven to me.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2015 3:28pm | Report
Idk the houses are kinda sucky (in terms of location (one in the creepy swamp where you can't always fast travel cuz "enemies are nearby", one where giants and bandits spawn and kill your livestock)) and tedious/expensive to make. It is cheap though iirc, so why not.

I think Dawnguard is the best one and worth getting, but Dragonborn is still goodish.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2015 3:32pm | Report
I love Dawnguard, crossbows are freaking awesome. And overpowered, lol.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2015 3:34pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:
I love Dawnguard, crossbows are freaking awesome. And overpowered, lol.

They do make bows rather obsolete without mods.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2015 3:40pm | Report
Here's what I cared about:

by jhoijhoi
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2015 4:49pm | Report
utopus wrote:

Long x)
In short, there's like some huge balcony with stairs on both sides and I used that to "kite" with the bow. I almost died to freezing magic but when he was around half of his HP Bethesda saved me by making his AI hang and I finished him. Luckily I had enough arrows.

After I killed him I found there's a staff on some table in the room dealing 25 per shot. Would've probably made things a lot easier.

I haven't played all that much of the DLC yet (all unfinished) but I think that Dawnguard and Dragonborn are definitely worth considering, mostly because of the new environments. Dawnguard added some pretty interesting dungeons (yes, interesting dungeons) if you ask me. And I think that they both feature more interesting NPCs than those that can be found on the main game, though that might just be because I've seen there faces too much.

The crossbows are insane for a sneaky play-through and it feels like the Dawnguard dungeons were made for it, actually giving sneaky characters a chance to complete them without continually having to walk around a corner and be surrounded by three Thalmor footmen you're never going to kill in close combat with those specs. Also I played a bit with the werewolf perk system and it made using the werewolf mode fun again, and not feel like "if I would kill them in another way I might actually raise some stats".

Dragonborn seems nice, I've strolled a bit around Solstheim and it was enjoyable. Only downside is that I'm stuck in a quest where some bad guy is sucking my souls away in front of my very eyes, and I'm not going to destroy him in a long time with that character. There's plenty to explore and new materials to craft. But as I said, haven't seen much yet.

I haven't done anything with Hearthfire yet, mostly because I got annoyed by all the digital homeless kids mocking me over and over again.

The only things I'd like to add to MissMaw's goodies summary would be a horse that can be summoned by a spell (Dawnguard) and another creepy *** place which if I'm not mistaken is the tutorial ground of Skyrim online. Oh, and a Lusty Argonian Maid Folio I did discover during my time on Solstheim. Priorities, priorities :^)
********'s a pretty good fertilizer

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide