Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Planetside 2 has Launched!!!

Creator: EvilDice November 22, 2012 9:15am
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2012 9:41am | Report
Yah it's really not pay to win, the only thing I have issue with is how useless the aircraft are with the default loadout. Everything else seems to be sidegrades or minor upgrades that won't make up for skill (much like extra runepages). Also, the draw distance in really large battles is absolutely atrocious. Like, I walk forward a few steps and suddenly 20 Vanu appear out of ******* nowhere. That's pretty BS.

Here's mah system cause why not:

Intel I5 duo 2.67 GHz
4GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT 420M (with latest beta drivers)

As I said, it's playable but only just.

Wat server/faction are you guis on?
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2012 10:02am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Yah it's really not pay to win, the only thing I have issue with is how useless the aircraft are with the default loadout. Everything else seems to be sidegrades or minor upgrades that won't make up for skill (much like extra runepages). Also, the draw distance in really large battles is absolutely atrocious. Like, I walk forward a few steps and suddenly 20 Vanu appear out of ******* nowhere. That's pretty BS.

Here's mah system cause why not:

Intel I5 duo 2.67 GHz
4GB RAM

As I said, it's playable but only just.

Wat server/faction are you guis on?

I am running:
i7 (8 cpu) at 3.4 Ghz - hasn't been overclocked yet
16 GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6900

but again, my setup can handle pretty much anything... SC2 settings default to ultra :P

agreed that the stock air weapons are pretty weak. as far as running into 20 barnies at once, you probably just ran into a platoon :P. im not quite sure what you mean by "draw distance".

currently im playing on VS.. redownloading the game so i can use it on steam but between rl friends and game friends im going to be spread kinda thin on factions. i recommend that the EUs all decide on a server/faction and same with NA. im not sure how latency is between servers.

when picking a faction its best to try them all out.. pretty much this is your decision:

TR - Order and empire: high rof, low damage weapons
NC - Rebels: low rof, high damage weapons
VS - Futuristic Technology: accurate, medium damage weapons

you will probably get very connected to one faction. in the first game i was a TR. this game probably gonna move between NC and VS tho.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2012 10:04am | Report
What I mean is I was standing there looking at a spot about 20 feet away, nobody was there. Then I walk forward and suddenly 20 enemies that I should have been able to see literally appear from nowhere on my screen. Had this happen a lot in large battles and it's very annoying.

The latency is not a problem at all, I've been playing mostly on the East NA server and I can barely tell the difference. Also, VS suk. I can't decide between NC and TR, I like the NC's overall feel and vehicles but TR are cool too and their weapons seem a lot better.
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2012 10:07am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

What I mean is I was standing there looking at a spot about 20 feet away, nobody was there. Then I walk forward and suddenly 20 enemies literally appear from nowhere on my screen. Had this happen a lot in large battles and it's very annoying.

ahhh.. yea that hasnt happened to me much yet but i wouldnt doubt that this kinda stuff happens. in all honesty SOE kinda rushed this game out there to get players... but right now it's basically in the "open beta" phase.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2012 10:17am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Doesn't that GPU lag on Tetris?

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2012 10:19am | Report
lol wat

It's a pretty good GPU for a two year old mid-range laptop. I can play GW2 and Witcher 2 with no problems.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2012 10:22am | Report
EvilDice wrote:

when picking a faction its best to try them all out.. pretty much this is your decision:

TR - Order and empire: high rof, low damage weapons
NC - Rebels: low rof, high damage weapons
VS - Futuristic Technology: accurate, medium damage weapons

Ah, thanks. I'm probably gonna be playing VS. TR looks kinda cool too though.

How are the servers set up? Can EU people play with US people? Does it require different accounts?
Do weapon unlocks count for all characters? (I'm assuming you can make several characters in different factions on the same account)
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2012 10:23am | Report
Searz wrote:

How are the servers set up? Can EU people play with US people? Does it require different accounts?
Do weapon unlocks count for all characters? (I'm assuming you can make several characters in different factions)

-Yes but you need to make a new character for each server. You can only have three per account and they aren't transferable.
-No and you can only have one character on each server, presumably to prevent organized cheating by switching factions.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2012 10:29am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

lol wat

It's a pretty good GPU for a two year old mid-range laptop. I can play GW2 and Witcher 2 with no problems.

I didn't say it was bad for a laptop, it's age or it's price, it's just that I'm very surprised it can run modern games like PS2, GW2 and Witcher 2..
"every now and again you come across a game that has so little emotional connection to who you are that you end up standing there, gazing at the screen and saying "I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning,"" - Colin Campbell
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2012 2:50pm | Report
downloading it now

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide