Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Post Whatever You Want (and Stop Posting ****...

Creator: Mowen October 22, 2013 7:50am
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2015 7:53pm | Report
And then you completely ignore me. "it was worth it I got 2 minions"

by jhoijhoi
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2015 3:47pm | Report
That awkward moment when you are in a mirror match and you and your opponent do nearly the exact same thing.

I was playing teemo, we both flashed past each other, q'd and ignited then just sat and aa'd each other. i won by aaing first by just a bit, also i was maxing q he was maxing e

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2015 1:15pm | Report
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2015 2:42pm | Report
Hoooooly ****, this is so freaking cool:
http://vimeo.com/108613669

Especially for those interested in photography. Just try taking a photo or film in moonlight with your standard camera or phone. Good luck getting anywhere near the footage in the video.
Any phone would basically produce a nearly black indistinguishable mess.
"Doing something, almost being done, then parents come in and don't let you finish.
Yes, I had a rough childhood." - devdevil
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2015 3:03pm | Report
Wow. If this is real that would be awesome. Or we can just wait for sunrise :^)

I wonder what we're actually witnessing though. Isn't this just an a bit more light-sensitive sensor? I have no knowledge on the whole scene so I don't know how hard it is to produce such a thing.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2015 7:11pm | Report
Wow. If this is real that would be awesome. Or we can just wait for sunrise :^)

I wonder what we're actually witnessing though. Isn't this just an a bit more light-sensitive sensor? I have no knowledge on the whole scene so I don't know how hard it is to produce such a thing.

Yes, this is real.

No. ISO is the sensitivity setting of a digital sensor. 100ISO is the default, lowest sensitivity. At this setting you'll get the darkest image with the smallest margin for error (i.e: highest quality). Then for each step up from that you are doubling the sensitivity of the sensor, and thus doubling the light in the image, but at the same time doubling the margin of error. And sooner or later you get to a point where the margin of error is almost as big as the signal, which pretty much makes the image unusable.
So you see that simply turning up the sensitivity doesn't get you anywhere.

A sensor is divided into pixels. 12MP means 12 million pixels, or mega pixels, since mega is short for 10^6. Then divide the total area of the sensor by 12million for the area which captures the light for each pixel.
This leads us to two conclusions:
1. Less pixels equals more light captured.
2. Larger sensors equal more light captured.

So to maximize the light captured you would want a large sensor with small, or relatively small numbers of pixels. Which is exactly what the Sony A7S does. It goes from the average 24MP of a fullframe camera down to 12MP, which along with the very latest in sensor technology roughly doubles the area which captures light compared to other cameras with the same sensor size.
This jump in captured light allows the camera to double the ISO to about 25600 compared to others in the same size while maintaining decent quality.
And when you're pushing the limits of what can be captured in video that difference is a pretty big deal. 24FPS in video forces a shutter speed of at least 1/50 of a second. At that speed you need really high levels of ISO to get a visible image on the screen in moonlight. 6400 and 3200ISO are close to black and going to 25600 is not an option due to the blurriness caused with other cameras.

That on its own isn't truly amazing. It's the fact that it's a consumer-grade camera for 2000$ with ISO-performance close to that of the crazy 10 000-100 000$ equipment used in top-tier movie production.

And for the comparison to phones: fullframe sensors have a total area about 50 times larger than the average phone sensor. If the phone is assumed to have 12MP and use the same technology then the A7S would capture 50 times more light (but this is not the case, phone sensors are more advanced since they are smaller and thus cheaper to make, the real difference is roughly half of that: 25 times).
When phones get to 800 ISO they start turning blurry due to loss of detail, because the signal strength of the light hitting the sensor isn't enough to capture detail.
Meanwhile full-frame cameras can go to about 12800 ISO before they start having the same problems, which means 25600 for the A7S. (educated guesses, not scientific numbers)

Here's a nice image that illustrates the difference between phone sensors and large camera sensors. Fullframe is the very biggest (on this chart) and phones are usually close to the very smallest.

I have an 18MP ASP-C camera myself. It's a few years old, but it does take decent shots in the dark.

I'm probably making a thread on this soon. And after a week or so, maybe, I'll post a pictures thread.
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2015 8:01pm | Report
not that anyone likely cares...but I broke 500 followers on Twitter without even realizing it.

Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 4:14am | Report

Just noticed my league name, lol wtf
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 8:32am | Report
Thanks for yet another wonderful explanation! I'd be interested in a thread. I wonder what original pictures will show up once people start using this with the relatively low price it has.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 4:32pm | Report
AskReddit asking the important questions.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide