Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The Humble Jumbo Bundle

Creator: Searz December 11, 2013 9:00am
15 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 9:00am | Report
https://www.humblebundle.com/

A pretty good bundle.
Natural Selection is one of the best teamwork-oriented games I've played so far. It has a rather huge learning curve though, so be warned. It's an FPS with a lot of unique ideas. Definitely worth a shot.
Magicka, Sanctum 1&2 and Orcs Must Die! 2 are all just coop fun. Magicka being a... an isometric magic simulator? and Sanctum and Orcs Must Die! being action tower defense games(where you're actively killing enemy units).

Also 3 more games I have little to no experience with. Somebody else here might be knowledgeable on them tho.
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2013 11:54am | Report
Garry's mod is really good from what I hear. It's an open world game similar to minecraft.

drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2013 11:54am | Report
It is nothing like Minecraft at all.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2013 12:01pm | Report
drakon136 wrote:

It is nothing like Minecraft at all.

It's similar in that you use materials and what not to build your own world. They're both sandbox games.

Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2013 1:28pm | Report
Imagine all props used by Valve in the hl2 engine(tf2, l4d, half life, portal). Imagine being able to spawn those props and creatures(of the games you own) in any of those maps yourself. Imagine being able to create spawners to spawn npcs(violent or not). Imagine being able to change a fair amount of properties of npcs and props. Imagine cars. Driving. Cars. That's the basic idea of Gary's mod I guess. I haven't really played it though, so I'm not really accurate. There are also servers and in those servers it's of course possible to play the weirdest game modes because everyone can make up things themselves.

Most of the old Machinama-like videos have been "acted out" in Garry's mod, if that gives a basic idea. Imagine players moving those objects and movements etc. using a "gravity gun"(modified gun that shoots some sort of strings to move stuff around) and property menus.

Minecraft is an exploration game in which stuff just happens. In Garry's mod you make the game and nothing happens if you don't want it to.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2013 1:42pm | Report

Imagine all props used by Valve in the hl2 engine(tf2, l4d, half life, portal). Imagine being able to spawn those props and creatures(of the games you own) in any of those maps yourself. Imagine being able to create spawners to spawn npcs(violent or not). Imagine being able to change a fair amount of properties of npcs and props. Imagine cars. Driving. Cars. That's the basic idea of Gary's mod I guess. I haven't really played it though, so I'm not really accurate. There are also servers and in those servers it's of course possible to play the weirdest game modes because everyone can make up things themselves.

Most of the old Machinama-like videos have been "acted out" in Garry's mod, if that gives a basic idea. Imagine players moving those objects and movements etc. using a "gravity gun"(modified gun that shoots some sort of strings to move stuff around) and property menus.

Minecraft is an exploration game in which stuff just happens. In Garry's mod you make the game and nothing happens if you don't want it to.

lol, it's the same premise in Minecraft. You create whatever you want - houses, cars, characters, etc. I also believe stuff doesn't just happen - you can make it so that nothing happens that you don't want to, I believe.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2013 2:42pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

lol, it's the same premise in Minecraft. You create whatever you want - houses, cars, characters, etc. I also believe stuff doesn't just happen - you can make it so that nothing happens that you don't want to, I believe.

No, give it up already.

Garry's Mod is a sandbox. It's not a game, it's a sandbox in which you can create games.
Minecraft is a survival sandbox game in which you can build things.
There's a pretty large difference.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2013 10:02pm | Report
For once, I have to say that Searz is right. I think it's time for me to go to sleep.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2013 7:48pm | Report
Searz wrote:

No, give it up already.

Garry's Mod is a sandbox. It's not a game, it's a sandbox in which you can create games.
Minecraft is a survival sandbox game in which you can build things.
There's a pretty large difference.

sandbox game

sandbox game

not similar at all

ok

Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2013 9:24pm | Report
they are very different but creative mode in minecraft could be viewed as similar to sandbox mode in gmod
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide