Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

The Veterans on this Site are an Old Boys Club

Creator: FatelBlade October 25, 2016 7:54pm
1 2
FatelBlade
<Member>
FatelBlade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2016 7:54pm | Report
Does anyone else feel that the veterans are an elitist club? If you check the off topic forum a majority of the posts are either by a vet or responded to by a vet, and I think this locks other people out for posting. The vets act like they're "the ****" when all they really do is flood different forums with things that inhibit growth.

Want to post to off topic? Sorry! some jackweed decided to make a post that will span tens of pages or even more. Anyone that wants to open a new, informative post would be drowned by the multiple too long post.

They also act like they own the site for no discernible reason. They treat this site as their walking grounds and think they can be major trolls even if it makes new members leave the site.

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

Pic of Off Topic. Notice the green.
Thank you Jovy for this bomb *** sig!
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2016 8:16pm | Report
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2016 12:10pm | Report
FatelBlade wrote:
They treat this site as their walking grounds and think they can be major trolls even if it makes new members leave the site.

umm I can only think of a few cases where vets have actually tried to run new people away from the site with the biggest one being Sirnikolai, which a lot of non-vets also tried very hard to run him off the site until his own arrogance got him banned.

I think people just have a hard time joining in on conversations since the Vets and other regulars just seem to bounce off of each other really well, and starting a new conversation when so many topics have already been discussed with great detail in the past just makes it that much harder for new people to come in, so yeah it's a slight issue, but an easy remedy is to just make a very specific thread Example My thread about the New Nintendo Switch

So far the people who have posted are, one non-vet, a scout, and a vet thus far, and as of now anyone can come in and post anything to add to it.

I don't think that there is a major problem here, and as far as a majority of the off topics posts being started by veterans or controlled by vets? It's just that no-one is posting anything in Off Topic right now, nor is there anything worth posting about. I have been absent from the site for a while now, since I basically quit League almost 100% to play Overwatch and I'm kinda sad that the off topic section is really lacking right now.
Sig by HogoPogo
jokersprank
<Member>
jokersprank's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2016 12:21pm | Report
I agree with Ninja Trigger. It can be really hard to join a conservation between vets because you're the stranger and they are "best friends" since forever. However, it is mostly because they are more often online/active and the topics are then already discussed while you came back from school or another game. And honestly, I never visit the off topic forums. I look out for new guides that could be the replacement for outdated guides (no updated lux' guides for a while) or just want to learn something. That is what most people want to see on a guide site.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2016 1:57pm | Report
*Insert grandpa voice here* Back in my day, everyone used to interact! We called them normal members we did, now they are no good green veterans!

Honestly, I would absolutely love it to see more threads pop up where just new members interact with each other and all the veteran interactivity would be with the new members rather than always within their circle. Sadly though, with the less activity in the guide comment section and blogs the attention given to newer members has decreased severely. (And vaps got a huge ego now which takes up most of mobafire)
Another reason is that some people with bad behaviour got banned which used to cause a lot of interesting and fun drama for everyone in the past.

I also agree with Ninja Trigger that the offtopic ***** is very unactive right now. All people talk about on the website at the moment is league and things related to the computer. There isn't even a *****torm thread about Hillary vs Trump lal.

Since less interesting things are happening on the website, less people interact and those who do are the ones that always did, the veterans. If we want to change this, then we need to either discuss more interesting stuff or give more attention to guide/blog creators.
Change is gooooood

Je suis le bee
~ Meiyjhe ~
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2016 12:43pm | Report
Cmon people, stop being so meek about this. Let's just tell it like it is:
This is ****ing ******ed.

You have a problem with how only certain people are active in a part of the forum, so you go and post a topic about this in the very same portion of the forum.
Genius.
edit: enjoy a lovely gif

And that's even without addressing the fact that your whole argument is ******** from the start. You're cherry-picking information like crazy. Of course the great majority of posts in here are gonna be from old members when the place is as dead as it is.

Think I'm harsh toward you because you're not a vet? Honey, I'm like this to everybody being this stupid. I'm sure there are vets that could verify.
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2016 12:51pm | Report
taking FatelBlade seriously in 2016 LUL
DisturbedFox
<Inhouse Regular>
DisturbedFox's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2016 1:06pm | Report
same
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2016 1:08pm | Report
I'm the boss of this gym.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2016 1:42pm | Report
Joxuu wrote:
I'm the boss of this gym.

Wrong. I am now the boss.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions: