Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Top 3 campaigns in video games on consoles

Creator: Dotter September 11, 2011 5:00pm
Haxes
<Member>
Haxes's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2011 8:31pm | Report
In reverse chronological order some of my favorites.

Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars, Final Fantasy III(Actually it's 6 but was released as 3 on the SNES), Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, The Legends of Dragoon, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy X, Persona 3, Persona 4, Tales of Symphonia, Tales of the Abyss, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect & Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age, and Heavy Rain.

Oh and all the Bioware titles I didn't mention. I love those guys and pretty much everything they've released; Kotor 2 and DA 2 weren't all that impressive though, nowhere near as good as their original counterparts.

Believe.
Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Pwnzor1130's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2011 8:41pm | Report
I don't own any many good console games damn it. -.- I have like 2 360 games that actually have campaigns and some Gamecube Games.

Games I own for PC that I know have good campaigns for consoles though would probably be HL2 and its episodes, Portal, Portal 2, any single-player Valve game honestly. Bioshock is amazing. The F.E.A.R. series is really good imo. I know it's more shooter than horror but I still love it. Super Mario Sunshine is great, as is Wind Waker.

Thanks to The Nameless Bard and Vavena for the sigs!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2011 10:06pm | Report
but kotor2 wasn't made by bioware, it was made by obsidian.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2011 1:06am | Report
Haxes wrote:

Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars, Final Fantasy III(Actually it's 6 but was released as 3 on the SNES), Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, The Legends of Dragoon, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy X, Persona 3, Persona 4, Tales of Symphonia, Tales of the Abyss, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect & Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age, and Heavy Rain.

Oh and all the Bioware titles I didn't mention. I love those guys and pretty much everything they've released; Kotor 2 and DA 2 weren't all that impressive though, nowhere near as good as their original counterparts.

Now just cut those down to 3 titles and you're on topic again :P

You didn't mention Jade Empire (also Bioware). It was imo way better than Mass Effect 1. The only reason I managed to finish ME1 was the story. The gameplay just got booooooring at times.

Haxes
<Member>
Haxes's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2011 3:47am | Report
caucheka wrote:

but kotor2 wasn't made by bioware, it was made by obsidian.

Oh yeahhh, I totally forgot about that. With Kotor and Star Wars: The Old Republic on mind I just lumped the second one in there without thinking about it. I remember that now. It's been awhile since I've played the second one and only bothered a single playthrough.

Searz wrote:

Now just cut those down to 3 titles and you're on topic again :P

You didn't mention Jade Empire (also Bioware). It was imo way better than Mass Effect 1. The only reason I managed to finish ME1 was the story. The gameplay just got booooooring at times.

Haha, I saw other people go past three so I decided I should just lay out all my favorites I could think of on the line. I perfer Mass Effect to Jade Empire but, I agree the gameplay is a bit boring at times. It leads into the second one though, and that game is easily one of my favorites of this generation. As far as Jade Empire goes it just felt really clunky at times, but it is a good game and is often overlooked. I need to play through it again. Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights are also good retro Bioware games that I didn't mention.

Believe.
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2011 4:17am | Report
Does Visual Novels counts as games too?
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2011 4:54am | Report
Yukimaru wrote:

Does Visual Novels counts as games too?

VNs <3333333333333333333333333
VISUAL NOVELS ARE AWESHUM~
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2011 6:01am | Report
Kotor 2 would have been a much better game if Obsidian had been given more than a year to work on it.

There's a mod around that restores a ton of content that was cut out because of time constraints; it improves the game quite a bit (though the ending is still pretty ****).
orochinagi
<Member>
orochinagi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2011 6:19am | Report
Oh god... Chrono Trigger... one of the best RPGs ever! Oh right... and Suikoden (the first one)
76. GLHF is code for "We are going to rape you". Not returning the favor is giving consent.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2011 6:34am | Report
Haxes wrote:

I perfer Mass Effect to Jade Empire but, I agree the gameplay is a bit boring at times. It leads into the second one though, and that game is easily one of my favorites of this generation. As far as Jade Empire goes it just felt really clunky at times, but it is a good game and is often overlooked. I need to play through it again.

ME2 was way better than ME1 in gameplay.
ME1 is soo overrated. The gameplay is soo... meh.. Great story, but I would never play that game again because the gameplay is simply too boring.

I got Jade Empire: Special Edition though if that makes any difference. There's a bunch of extra content in that version.
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide