Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Top 3 campaigns in video games on consoles

Creator: Dotter September 11, 2011 5:00pm
1 2 3 4
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2011 5:00pm | Report
Simply post your top 3 of campaigns you've played through in any video games on any consoles and give a brief explanation why you liked just those 3 campaigns. If you haven't played that many games, you don't have to make a top 3 :p

Clearly I am a PS3 owner and haven't had the chance to complete games as Gears of War, Halo, Fable etc, which have been really popular games on the Xbox throughout the last 5-10 years.

My top 3 list is:

1) God of War 3:
Everything about this game is just epic. Awesome battles, badass main character, beautiful landscapes and a great storyline. The campaign in this game just really appealed to me, I finished in one day. ^^

2) Uncharted 2:
This is probably the best game I've ever played, the only reason it isn't listed as my number 1 is because I like Kratos more than the main character in Uncharted 2 and because I like the epic landscaped in GoW more than the beautiful surroundings in Uncharted 2. This game is a masterpiece, which has an exciting and capturing storyline. I can't wait for Uncharted 3! x)

3) Infamous 2:
Way better than the first Infamous, Cole is a well-written character imo, the battles is great and the setting in New Marais offers a nice variety of places do discover. And you constantly feel there's something to do, either as a villain or superhero. Overall a great campaign with some great highlights and truly awesome graphics.

Runner ups:
Super Mario 64
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Croc - Nostalgic memories from my childhood

What is your top 3?
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2011 5:24pm | Report
I absolutely loved the campaign to the original Starcraft and Starcraft: Brood War. Aside from its amazing multiplayer mode, the campaign itself was huge and was so varied.

Apart from that, an obvious shout-out goes to Portal.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2011 5:35pm | Report
Some classics for me:
Kirby 64
Metroid Prime 1+2
KOTOR 1+2
Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker
Batman: Arkham Asylum
and others.

Those are the ones that popped into my head. I love too many to name a top 3.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2011 5:35pm | Report
I actually never played the first Starcraft o.O
I didn't really play computer that much when I was younger, it was mainly PS with my brothers. The first game I played more than just a bit on PC was Diablo 2.
It's only since the last couple of years I've begun to game more, since I didn't really have to make homeworks besides from assignments.

Portal was really good (Only played the first one).
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2011 5:40pm | Report
- Tales Of Symphonia
- Starcraft and Starcraft: Brood War
- Fallout 3
- The Legend Of Zelda : A Link To The Past

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
th3BlackAngel
<Member>
th3BlackAngel's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2011 6:24pm | Report
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
CoD 4
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2011 6:43pm | Report
those are all good choices dotter. in fact my choice for gamespots greatest sidekick was zeke.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2011 9:49pm | Report
Call of Duty World At War
Now this campaign wasn't necessarily fun or adventurous but I do enjoy a challenging campaign *cough* because some campaigns you can just run through even on the hardest difficulty, however with this bad boy... no you couldn't. And I know a lot of people rarely completed CoD:WAW on veteran because it was just so ******** hard.

Halo ODST
However boring you may think it was, I thought it was pretty deep, and had a pretty nice back-story, I also thought it was pretty funny mongoosing*sp around the city at night, and also surprising the many Elites. Furthermore the story of the woman on the phone calls was pretty neat too.

Halo Reach
OK By now you can probably guess i'm a big fan of the Halo series, however with Reach the game isn't that great, but at least the campaign makes up for it. The campaign starts of pretty fast having to save some people from elites, however through the campaign you encounter so many different types of elites and enemies and also you encounter the whole variety of vehicles you can play around with such as a pick up truck, a broken down lorry, and even some spaceship thing that fires missiles... Just recently I spent 5hours on co-op withall the skulls on (Now I did SLAYSO [all skulls on] on Halo 3, and that took ages...)...so yeah if in doubt and you still think the campaign is easy even on LEGENDARY (which I think it was) try with all skulls on... oh and its pretty impossible alone, you may need some backup!

Furthermore just like to drop point the fact that the story lines behind the Halo series within the campaign is pretty awesome, at the end on Reach for example you can see masterchief, and that's where Halo 1 begins!
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2011 3:25am | Report
Caucheka:
Zeke also got my vote ^^

Funny enough all my favourites are only found on the PS3.. I feel that I might miss out on something if the exclusive Xbox titles are just as good :p
orochinagi
<Member>
orochinagi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2011 4:20am | Report
1 - FF VII

The most epic of the epic FF games ever released.

2 - Disgaea (any of 'em)

Pure awesomeness in consoles... at least regarding turn based strategy games.

3 - Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga (1 & 2)

Damn good plot.

And yes i'm an RPG/Strategy guy. the list would've been a bit different if you hadn't said it was a console top. UFO: Enemy Unknown (AKA X-COM) and Civilization 1-3 would deserve some respect too :D
7. Shouting Demacia, either irl or in /all, has been known to improve your game play.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide