Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

UK/London Riots

Creator: Xenasis August 8, 2011 5:47pm
45 posts - page 4 of 5
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 4:28pm | Report

**** I hope you're ok Xen :S

From what I hear, shops have been looted and set on fire and cars are being set on fire. Haven't heard anything about violence towards civilians or homes so I'm sure he's fine.

EDIT: Also, he is making posts in General. :P
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 4:59pm | Report
http://games.ign.com/articles/118/1186734p1.html

Found this. I really think that's the most ridiculous reason, but that's the policeman opinion.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 5:03pm | Report
Quoted:
"Go home, get a takeaway and watch anything that happens on TV. These are bad people who did this. Kids out of control. When I was young it was all Pacman and board games. Now they're playing Grand Theft Auto and want to live it for themselves."

I lol'd. Not even going to bother explaining how much I hate opinions like that.
orochinagi
<Member>
orochinagi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 5:11pm | Report
Searz wrote:

DEN USE LIVE AMMO. I DUN SEE THE PROBLEM

would be fun to see them running like wounded animals after getting hit by tranquilizer darts tho >_>
76. GLHF is code for "We are going to rape you". Not returning the favor is giving consent.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 6:23pm | Report
TheJohn wrote:

http://games.ign.com/articles/118/1186734p1.html

Found this. I really think that's the most ridiculous reason, but that's the policeman opinion.

If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 6:27pm | Report
Hmm, I've just heard fires have started in the city closest to where I live :c.

I'm getting a little sick of it now, I almost hope they call the military in.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 6:33pm | Report
I wish they'd just use force. Real guns. Real bullets.

The rioters deserve it at this point, if nothing happens they have "won" - and will have broke the law without consequence. If we want this to stop, we need to show them that we mean business - the police are pretty much chasing them round until they "get bored and leave", I wouldn't be surprised if someone played Benny Hill music.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 6:36pm | Report
I'm not so sure about that, but I think some show of force is definetely neccessary. I was thinking more along the lines of water cannons and tear gas rather than mass murder.

EDIT: Apparantly the city college is on fire, and also the city's library. Really, guys? Really? Burning down a library? After everyone complained so much about the government closing libraries, you burn one down? Way to prove you're only in this to set **** on fire, you ****ing idiot arseholes.
Yougan
<Member>
Yougan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 7:25pm | Report
This is what happens when people can't learn and think it's cool to hurt people... ._.

It's more about it now than before yes... Tho I think It's not much becuse of the games... I think it's mostly that parrents are too nice to kids and don't teach them what wrong and right is. :3

Tho this won't be taken seriously when a 15 years old write it lolol. :D

Thanks to jhoijhoi, Brynolf, Jeffy40hands, Samoh, MissMaw, Vavena, Koksei and The-Nameless-Bard for my signs
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 2:08am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

I'm not so sure about that, but I think some show of force is definetely neccessary. I was thinking more along the lines of water cannons and tear gas rather than mass murder.

Pfft, the **** doesn't they just bring out exploding bullets and shoot everyone they can see on the street? Like, one clip and you'll shower the neighborhood in body parts.
The fresh smell of blood in the morning will help make the youths of today get a healthier tomorrow!
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide