Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Valve to release PC "console"

Creator: Searz December 13, 2012 12:15pm
Do you want the "Steambox" to run Linux?
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2012 3:34pm | Report
@Caucheka
See that ball on the left side of the remote? It's a trackball. I used to have a mouse like that and was able to play RTS with not problems. The patent also says that those 2 main sockets are modular and you can use any combination of trackballs, analog sticks, touchpads, directional pads, etc. Thanks for finding the remote though, that was rather helpful.

Darcurse wrote:
What Caucheka quoted.
LOOOOL. That remote is able to play RTS. Sorry mate, but caucheka's info didn't help your case, it did the exact opposite.

Darcurse wrote:
If I'm not "providing any new insight by saying some games are better played with a mouse+keyboard" than don't ask stuff like "Please show us valve's controller and explain why it's unfit to play certain games."
Wtf? If you're talking out of your *** I think asking you to find valve's controller so you can prove your point is a relatively obvious thing to do.

So, darcurse, now that caucheka has done the research for you..
Canoas wrote:
Please show us valve's controller and explain why it's unfit to play certain games.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2012 5:34am | Report
Srsly....

Go play LoL with a controller and tell me how it went.

If Valve doesn't just simply tear a notebook's keyboard+touchpad off and call it controller, I don't need to see their "master blueprint" to know how it's gonna be like, since no matter what kind of controller over the years came out, I addressed the common problem.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2012 7:31am | Report
Darcurse wrote:
Srsly....

Go play LoL with a controller and tell me how it went.
I never said valve's controller would be better or as good as a keyboard+mouse, I said it makes RTS games playable in a console. Go play BF3 on PC with a controller, even a ******ed kid with no arms will rape you. However, BF3 is still very much playable on a console and is quite popular. It's amazing how you still fail to grasp such simple concepts. It's not even theoretical, bf3 IS a popular game on ps3 even though it's played with a controller, this is not up to debate despite what your little brain chooses to believe.

Darcurse wrote:
I don't need to see their "master blueprint" to know how it's gonna be like, since no matter what kind of controller over the years came out, I addressed the common problem.
hahaha... No.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2012 1:44pm | Report
Well, at least my brain is big enough to comprehend what I said, you therefore.... well at least you can write down the nonsense you come up with.

My statement:
"Some games/genres are unfit to be played with a controller."
(Not saying anything about consoles... reading must be pretty hard on you I know)

If you can come up with 1-2 examples where it still does work for pc or console, nvm on which platform actually,... great for you, but not only to you fail to read what I stated, you also did not understand it.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2012 2:00pm | Report
hahaha.. seriously, is it that hard to understand? Games are unfit depending on the controller and optimization of the port. FPS are unfit to be played with a controller, use a controller to play a PC FPS and you won't get a single kill, yet they're still the most popular genre for consoles. It's very very VERY simple, how can you not grasp the concept of optimizing a game? It's been around for decades, even a ****** can understand it.

Quoted:
Well, at least my brain is big enough to comprehend what I said, you therefore.... well at least you can write down the nonsense you come up with.
Mentally challenged kids are smart enough to understand what they say as well, but more often than not no one else will be able to comprehend them.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2012 3:45pm | Report
I kinda guess you're the only one around here who comes up with FPS if ppl talk about "games unfit to play with controllers", I kinda do pretty good using controller on FPS games that don't require to much extra buttons.

But, oh well, I forget who I'm talking to... "mentally challanged" kinda nailed it.
I can only repeat myself and hope you understand the sequential repetition of words over time:

Try playing something like LoL with a controller and THEN try talking to me as if you finally know sth.
Like how some genre/games CAN'T be optimized to work with the current concept (the one Valve/any other company's using) of controllers/gamepads.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2012 4:01pm | Report
Darcurse wrote:
I kinda guess you're the only one around here who comes up with FPS if ppl talk about "games unfit to play with controllers", I kinda do pretty good using controller on FPS games that don't require to much extra buttons.

Ok. CS 1.6 1v1? I'll use a keyboard + mouse and you'll use a controller. Let's see how many kills you get.

Darcurse wrote:
Try playing something like LoL with a controller and THEN try talking to me as if you finally know sth.
First you need to beat me at CS with a controller, then I need to wait for valve's remote with a touchpad. Once I do I promise you I'll play lol with the controller. Shoudln't be hard, it has the touchpad to substitute a mouse and the controller has more buttons than LoL's hotkeys. I've played LoL in my laptop with no mouse and did fine, why would a smaller touchpad make it impossible?
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2012 3:06pm | Report
One way to reveal that you only want to be right without having an inch of knowledge regarding the BS you write...

Don't ask me why some games are unfit to be played with a controller only to add that you can play a FPS better with m+k ...

Not to mention that it seems like you actually not going further into the topic to avoid leaving your "arguments" more flawed than they already are, like fixiating on only one genre.

And hey let me congratulate you for your marvelous intake of an example game I mentioned earlier:
You beat me easily in CS if you use m+k and me a controller?
I beat you easily in LoL while you play with Valve's controller and me with m+k.

And srsly:
I don't need to beat you in CS using a controller, since I DO believe that "Some games/genres are unfit to be played with a controller".
If I still do good despite that, it doesn't mean that I can beat me while using m+k or play competetive.
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2012 6:44am | Report
Rly like this, gives hopefully Alienware****&co a big fist in their face who says "**** u stop ur overprices ego ****"
Raptor4790
<Member>
Raptor4790's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2013 10:16am | Report
I'm all about the Windows - but I gotta say using a UNIX based system would have its advantages...

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide