Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Voice of reason on the new Youtube comments

Creator: Searz November 9, 2013 4:13pm
SkidmarkD
<Member>
SkidmarkD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 12, 2013 11:42pm | Report
In the days where twitter and facebook and other social media are having their time in the spotlights, what should one do to reclaim the spotlight he used to have?

Right, make a change and annoy people.
That'll keep em talking.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2013 2:54am | Report
astrolia wrote:

I don't even know what you're implying here - that content creators were never have never been allowed to reply to comments, thus this functionality is *not* different from the old version of YouTube...

I mainly wanted you to clarify.
Are there functions for moderation of comments, but they simply don't work?
And are you seriously saying that content creators can't reply to other comments? Is it just on their own videos or on all videos?
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2013 8:19am | Report

I agree with most things said.
However, linking is something I'm glad to be able to do.
The problem is when the links can be disguised. That's a major problem, and if that is solved then I don't think being able to link things is a real problem.
I'm also happy that the character limit is gone, huge comments are not an issue, they're a minor annoyance at worst(forcing you to scroll a bit). A QoL change that puts the "Collapse comment" button at the top of the comment would (as I've written before) remove the problem entirely, while still retaining the same functionality.

I did not think that this way of pushing up comments that get the most attention would turn into such a 'feeding of the trolls' so to speak. That system probably needs some tweaking.
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2013 10:07am | Report
Ya - when they changed YouTube, they made it so you're unable to moderate or reply to older comments. I'm pretty sure that qualifies as breaking functionality that was working previously.
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2013 3:38am | Report
astrolia wrote:

Ya - when they changed YouTube, they made it so you're unable to moderate or reply to older comments. I'm pretty sure that qualifies as breaking functionality that was working previously.

THAT'S what you were referring to? Are you kidding me? >.>
You made it sound like it applied to all comments across the board, which is why I wanted a proper explanation.. It's almost like you're being intentionally misleading..

I'm pretty sure most people don't care about the old comments anymore, seeing as they cannot be responded to and are no longer shown prominently on videos anymore.
Yes, being unable to do anything with older comments is bad, but that's a VERY minor thing that nobody will give a **** about in a few weeks.

I certainly don't think it's a worse system in terms of control over the environment for the content creators.
The existence of spam is now entirely in hands of the video content producer. They can delete any comment they want, so any spam or ascii art, etc, could be gone if the video maker chooses to do so.
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2013 8:30am | Report
Well, I said it's not that they changed and has to do with functionality in my first post and pointed out the issue. But apparently it's not a "legitimate" enough issue to Mr. Runaan's that if a comment was made a day before the transition can't be replied to and if a comment got stuck in the spam filter a day before the transition then it can't be moderated because "no one will care about it". And of course no one cares, which completely explains why multiple content creators have chosen to turn off comments all together, why comments are being spammed with Viva la Revolution tanks, and why some content creators make videos like these which also demonstrate issues with being able to go to a comment left on your video in general. (That video also displays a uix issue... Considering Google is known for A/B testing for **** like color shades, it's amazing the old comments that can't be moderated even appear when he clicks to review comments l0l.)
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2013 12:20pm | Report
astrolia wrote:

Well, I said it's not that they changed and has to do with functionality in my first post and pointed out the issue. But apparently it's not a "legitimate" enough issue to Mr. Runaan's that if a comment was made a day before the transition can't be replied to and if a comment got stuck in the spam filter a day before the transition then it can't be moderated because "no one will care about it".

I have never written those things. Don't use quotation marks for things I have not written, because then you're just outright lying.
I asked for a clarification which you just blatantly did not give until now. You didn't once write that this applied only to older comments before that comment. Your previous comments even seem to imply that these are inherent problems with the entire system..

These are, again, problems, but minor problems. I very much consider being able to disguise your links to lure people into getting viruses to be a far worse problem, and one that deserves their immediate attention far more.

Now stop it with the name-calling and the edgy attitude towards me, unless you want me to call you 'edgy *****' from on, Ms.Astrolia.
Quoted:
And of course no one cares, which completely explains why multiple content creators have chosen to turn off comments all together, why comments are being spammed with Viva la Revolution tanks

You're insinuating a false blanket statement. Make a reasonable point instead of being edgy toward me..
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2013 12:49pm | Report
lol'd@Mr.Runaan's
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Napoleon D
<Member>
Napoleon D's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2013 12:53pm | Report
☻/ GIVE US THE OLD YOUTUBE COMMENT SYSTEM
/▌ ︻╦╤─ NOW! COPY PASTE ALL OVER YOUTUBE,
░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ATTACK!
▂▄▅████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤
i need to delete this account
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2013 1:57pm | Report
░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Bob is building an army.
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ ☻/ This tank are against the ani-google+ians
Il███████████████████]. /▌ Copy and Paste this all over
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤.. / \ Youtube if you are with us

GO BOB ARMY

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide