Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

100% critical varus

Creator: BronzeTank December 6, 2013 11:33am
1 2 3
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 3:52am | Report
People already complain enough about Tryndamere, now they release a champion that gets double crit... bad dog Rito, bad dog.

@OP: that sucks. For max damage output you need to combine stats more effectively. AD-Crit-AS-ArPen all boost each other.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 5:59am | Report
How efficient crit chance runes will be on Yasuo? Will they be more efficient than AD or Armorpen? If yes, crit marks and quints for 28% Crit at level 1. With Brawler's Gloves it would be 44% crit chance at level 1.

Then you get Infinity Edge and you got 94% Crit. And if you now get Statikk Shiv, you already overcap it (118).

So, 18 too much, means you got to remove 9, means you can replace the marks with something else.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 7:25am | Report
Off-topicness...
Just because someone has something good going doesn't mean you need to abuse it instantly.

AD or ArPen marks should be nice. ArPen should just flatten people after he lands his ultimate.

I'm thinking just Infinity Edge and Phantom Dancer for the 110% crit. With AD marks/quints, you'll be doing ~455 AA damage before resistances, which is pretty nice for a bruiser (aka how I wanna play him). If you want to include something more explosive like a Last Whisper, you're doing now ~550 AA damage, not to mention after ultimate you ignore 85% of enemies's bonus armor (or is it just of the one you targeted? either way it's cool).

edit: there is actually a more complicated situation involving his ultimate and Last Whisper, since you ignore 50% of bonus armor after landing ulti but LW ignores 35% total armor. They are both percentages, so what comes first?
Ulti>LW : enemy has 200 armor, 80 base. Ulti ignores 50% of 120, so enemy now has 140 armor. LW ignores 35% of that leaving enemy with 91 armor.
LW>Ulti : enemy has 200 armor, 80 base. LW leaves it at 130, so bonus is now 50, which ulti reduces to 25, so now enemy has 105 armor.
I'm a little confused.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 9:36am | Report
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 10:14am | Report
Sweet. Did some quick math and this **** is solid, you reduce a 300 armor Garen down to ~107. Seems like if you don't kill someone with ultimate, you have an easy time finishing them off. Dueling this guy seems hard.
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 10:23am | Report
luizdeh wrote:

I'm thinking just Infinity Edge and Phantom Dancer for the 110% crit. With AD marks/quints, you'll be doing ~455 AA damage before resistances, which is pretty nice for a bruiser (aka how I wanna play him).

I'd much rather take Shiv and some crit chance marks. More damage overall, plus you stack the passive quickly because of your E.

luizdeh wrote:

Seems like if you don't kill someone with ultimate, you have an easy time finishing them off. Dueling this guy seems hard.

Unless you're Olaf or one of the super-duelists.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 10:35am | Report
Don't forget that his crits also do 10% reduced damage.
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 10:40am | Report
Hmm, didn't know that. That means his crits without Infinity Edge do 180% damage, and 225% with it. Still a ****ton though.
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2013 4:59am | Report
I would agree and disagree with this...
Yes it is possibly to have a 100% Critical Varus (or any other ADC or Melee champion)
However as pointed out this would be a Glass Cannon and probably by the time you build it your opponents will most likely have built a counter build to compensation.
Of course the other point you will have be pretty Pro with the champion to pull off such a build and when I say Pretty Pro i am actually say you need to be in the top 10 best ADC players in the world to pull it because there isn't enough Lifesteal or Sorakas out there to sustain you in battle in you are caught out - You are caught and you are dead simple as that.
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2013 8:49am | Report
They changed they way crit worked in S3 so that it's not totally RNG based, if you don't crit, your chance to crit on the next auto goes up based on your crit chance. So basically that means crit scales pretty well with itself up to a point and buying crit early is bad. But ya, 100% crit chance would be pointless because anything above 40% you'll reliably be criting every other auto at worst

not to mention Varus uses his Q and E for harass a lot, which crit does not affect. As many other people have pointed out your damage would be gimped without having Last Whisper
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide