Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Blue build 3.08 : Elder lizard vs Black cleaver

Creator: Soulend June 14, 2013 2:02am
Soulend
<Member>
Soulend's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2013 2:02am | Report
Since the last patch, the Spirit of the Elder Lizard, which gave like 50ad and burned the target for 66true damages at lvl 18, no longer give that, but 35ad & burn for 40td.

Then, i was wondering if, on the famous blue build, the black cleaver wwouldn't be better, now. It still give the 10% cdr and AD, but with stats that would be better.

Comparing the two items, we can see that :

BC give :

20AD
200health
10arpen
5% less armor; x5

While EL give :

14hp5
7mp5
40td dot 3sec
30% more damages to monsters (does not affect minions)

We can then easily remove the hp5 & the butcher, because of lifesteal and laning not jungling h24.
The mp5 can also be removed since we already have a very lot of mana with the items and at least 20mp5.
There still a 6-40damages dot which, in my opinion, does not deal more damages than 20ad; 10arpen & armor reduction, since you deal more than an attack every 3sec, even if you're just spamming your spells.
The fact is just about the golds, BC is much more expensive than EL, 1000g but far better.
TL;DR : Use BC instead of EL on Blue Build, and call it Blue-Build-With-A-Lil-Of-Red.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2013 6:25am | Report
The blue build is nothing more than a poke build with blue items. Use whatever you want.

People use Bloodthirster and Blade of the Ruined King on 'blue builds' all the time. So yes, using Black Cleaver should yield good results. The downside is the cost, and losing the burn effect early game which is very very good. You could even use both.

Spirit items are still very cost-effective though.
Joshified
<Member>
Joshified's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2013 4:45pm | Report
Black Cleaver is a bad item on any adc besides Miss Fortune and even then she should only consider buying it if she is insanely far ahead.
The reason why the Spirit of the Elder Lizard is so popular is because it adds flat true damage onto [{Ezreal]]'s poke, while giving him ad and cooldown reduction. It is also extremely cost effective for the stats it provides.

Mundo goes where he pleases.

And pleases, where he goes.

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2013 8:44pm | Report
I was actually recently considering ways to reach 40% CDR on Ezreal without using Elder Lizard (because I build BT instead of it) and Black Cleaver was the most legit option I could think of. I don't think I'd build it as a first item though, likely as 6th item replacing BotRK.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2013 10:39pm | Report
I would expect doublelift's blue build would be effective, considering it was already pretty strong before the lizard elder nerf. You just rush BT instead of lizard.

Plus you can reach 39% with Sorcery, Ionian Boots of Lucidity, Iceborn Gauntlet and Elixir of Brilliance so I don't think the loss of elder lizard's CDR is a big deal. In some team comps you might even get blue buff priority late game.
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2013 11:11pm | Report
I am using that build, for some reason I just completely forgot that blue elixir exists lol. Considering it does I can't really see any reason for BC.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2013 5:48am | Report
Joshified wrote:

Black Cleaver is a bad item on any adc besides Miss Fortune and even then she should only consider buying it if she is insanely far ahead.

I strongly disagree. With her ultimate shredding armor, the whole team benefits.

I'm amazed at how this item has fallen out of flavor, just because you can't stack the passive anymore. It's still a good item. Not on every ADC, we have Last Whisper for a similar effect, but with ulimates like Miss Fortune's, Black Cleaver is definitely a very viable option.

Plus, The Brutalizer is awesome early-mid game.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide