Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Randuin's Versus Sunfire

Creator: AMcJV12 October 6, 2013 7:20pm
1 2
Which is better to rush on a tank?
AMcJV12
<Member>
AMcJV12's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2013 7:20pm | Report
Why is it that all tanks seem to rush Sunfire first? Randuin's gives more HP and armor, has a nice active, and synergizes nicely with a cloth/4 pot start. Am I being a massive noob and missing something here? Sunfire's passive is nice, but is it THAT nice?
Play as a team or lose alone.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2013 7:56pm | Report
I believe it's mostly because the passive is very useful for splitpushing as it helps you clear through minion waves considerably faster. Also, although the damage is affected pretty badly by MR it does add up quite quickly in extended close range trades (or teamfights) which are common in tanky top lanes. Being about 400 gold cheaper don't hurt either.

Plus it looks pretty cool. I mean you get to walk around on fire dude.
Isolanporzellator's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2013 12:03am | Report
I wouldn't "rush" a Randuin's Omen, unless I am vs very AS reliant champs. I tend to get a Warden's Mail early if I went for armor start, but I do not bother upgrading it before midgame, as the active slow from Randuins is much stronger in teamfights in comparison to lane. Sunfire Aegis, however, is really strong if you get it early, before the enemy gets much hp or mr (It will hurt way more than randuins). You can also get it earlier because its cheaper. On top of that, it is still useful later on because of stronger pushing power and you still get a reasonable amount of damage on your opponents if you stand in their team.

So, I think Sunfire Aegis> Randuin's Omen in early game, while Randuin's Omen> Sunfire Aegis in lategame teamfights. I guess it is easy to tell which of these two items is better to rush in most cases.
Feel free to have a look at one of my champion Guides:

Or have a short look at my champion ideas.
SteppenKat
<Member>
SteppenKat's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2013 12:16am | Report
Because Sunfire Aegis, besides being cheaper, helps you better with trading, increases your DPS and allows you to waveclear better.

Even VS melee carries or AA melee reliant champions, I would still build it before Randuin's Omen because these champions cannot hit you too hard if they're investing in defense, and if they want to hit you harder they are probably squishier and since AAing involves getting into a prolongued fight, you'll win the duel by sheer resilience and wearing down people (that's how a tank trades).

Tanks usually have low damage and need cheap DPS sources. Sunfire Aegis is the answer because BESIDES it also gives cost-efficient resistances.

The only con it has is that it procs turret aggro.
Support Main and ADC Apprentice.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2013 4:51am | Report
I was never a fan of sunfire, especially because i'm rather bad farmer.

Sig made by Tamy
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2013 5:47am | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

I was never a fan of sunfire, especially because i'm rather bad farmer.

Ehm, Sunfire Aegis makes farming way easier, you know that? So one more reason for you to get it.
He is gonna kill you!!!
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2013 6:29am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Ehm, Sunfire Aegis makes farming way easier, you know that? So one more reason for you to get it.

Not always, for example, when your minions are also attacking their minions. It throws off your last hits. Other than that, yes - Sunfire Aegis helps clear waves quickly.
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2013 6:33am | Report
i'd say rush sunfire and get randuin's mid/lategame if an enemy who relies on autos gets fed.
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2013 5:03am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

i'm not going to spend 2,5k+ on an item just for farming. I'd rather spend that and be nearing a randuin's for my lategame, instead of insisting on a midgame item that loses it's effectiveness soon.

Sig made by elenah
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2013 5:31am | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

i'm not going to spend 2,5k+ on an item just for farming. I'd rather spend that and be nearing a randuin's for my lategame, instead of insisting on a midgame item that loses it's effectiveness soon.

Not really, your spending 562g for the extra damage, which doesn't just help with farming, but also with lane pressure and short range fights.

The armor and health stats alone are worth 2088g, and considering that 40 damage per second is actually quite a lot for 562g, it is a very good item.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Janitsudude

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide